The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR876 Owners Thread - Page 173 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #5161 of 5163 Old Today, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
It looks like a thermostat connector.

Yes definitely. ...There are two of them inside your 876. ...I would contact Onkyo Part Service dept. and inquire there if you can easily fix it yourself, or if it would be simply better to get it fixed @ your local audio repair shop...it's a small part and should not require much time and trouble and money.

I found that Onkyo set those thermostats in tandem with their two fans to only kick in when the transistors attached to the heatsink get simply too hot; they should have set them so that the fans activate before the temperature get excessively hot. ...I believe.

But yes, it is a thermostat connector.
Thank you so much NorthSky -

I contacted Onkyo and regrettably they cannot sell the part to me, I need to go to an authorized dealer :-(. Problem for me is that I live in Miami, FL and the nearest dealer is in Tampa, FL - over 2.5 hrs away by car. Its such a small part and easy to fix which makes it frustrating. Whats worse is that I also have been having the issues of "No Signal" with this receiver, I removed the HDMI board and sent it to the dealer to repair (didnt want to send the receiver because it would have cost me a fortune in shipping because its so heavy). Anyway, supposedly they repaired it and sent it back, I installed it and it still does not work.....

For the interim I am using a Harmon Kardon AVR-354 which seems to be working well but I know it does not have all the same bells and whistles as the Onkyo.

I spoke to Onkyo also and they said I could trade my 876 in for a refurbished newer unit, a TX-NR838 for $513.00 which includes shipping and taxes...not bad I think since this unit is Dolby Atmos and network ready.....

Anyway - just venting my frustration - and helpful additional advice is most welcome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 5163 Old Today, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5027 Post(s)
Liked: 2102
Enjoy this great middle of the week. ...And best of everything in all your enterprises.
post #5163 of 5163 Old Today, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo4eva View Post
Thank you so much NorthSky -

I contacted Onkyo and regrettably they cannot sell the part to me, I need to go to an authorized dealer :-(. Problem for me is that I live in Miami, FL and the nearest dealer is in Tampa, FL - over 2.5 hrs away by car.

Try living in Hawaii... The nearest Onkyo service center is in California...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors