The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR876 Owners Thread - Page 174 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #5191 of 5193 Old Today, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 277
If that doesn't work, guys have had success in soldering caps of another value across several regulators. I can't remember where I found that, but google should know, it's what brought back the picture in my case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 5193 Old Today, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Back in service. The two fuses were the culprit. I might have blown them when I reconnected the 5 wire cable the first time, I recall one of the leads bent, might have touched the wire next to it.

If anyone else runs into a similar issue, no hdmi video or audio after soldering or even before repairing, check the two fuses and also any other fuses. When I was looking around I saw 3 other glass fuses along with these 2, and 4 more that were white/ceramic. Not sure if there were more but for certain these 9 are what I saw in the 876.

While it would have been nice to upgrade to newer tech, I'm more happy the 876 will continue to serve our use and I don't have to spend hundreds for a new receiver.

A big thanks for everyone who documented and showed the way to repair this problem. Especially the pictures, videos, part numbers, and other little details.
post #5193 of 5193 Old Today, 09:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 6379 Post(s)
Liked: 3086
Good show ↑ ... always check the fuses first...when encountering a transmission problem...picture or/and audio.

Of course after you checked the connections and cables and if the AC power cord is connected.

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors