The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR876 Owners Thread - Page 175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #5221 of 5235 Old 07-26-2016, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Could someone post a picture of there Audyssey mic? I do believe there is a difference between the maranta and onkyo mic.

Audyssey says so but than conflicts them selves later in the email response.
Hello Michael,

They use different microphones. Most all receivers made after 2009 were updated to have the same microphone (ACM1H and ACM1HB), receivers before that have many different types.

A replacement ACM1HB is available to order by e-mail for $15.99 plus shipping. For a shipping quote and order form let us know your full shipping address.

Onkyo support may also be able to help with replacement parts.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support

The onkyo was built in 2008????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5222 of 5235 Old 07-26-2016, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhanofPhunk View Post
Could someone post a picture of there Audyssey mic? I do believe there is a difference between the maranta and onkyo mic.

Audyssey says so but than conflicts them selves later in the email response.
Hello Michael,

They use different microphones. Most all receivers made after 2009 were updated to have the same microphone (ACM1H and ACM1HB), receivers before that have many different types.

A replacement ACM1HB is available to order by e-mail for $15.99 plus shipping. For a shipping quote and order form let us know your full shipping address.

Onkyo support may also be able to help with replacement parts.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support

The onkyo was built in 2008????
I believe the Onkyo xx6 series was the very first to use the "new" ACM1H microphone (The xx5 series used the older flat "puck" style mic).

My TX-SR876 came with a silver one and my newer TX-NR1010 came with a black one, but they are otherwise identical AFAIK. All documentation I've found indicates that all ACM1H(B) microphones are interchangeable, regardless of AVR manufacturer.
PhanofPhunk likes this.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 8.0.0_21

Last edited by jcalabria; 07-26-2016 at 07:55 AM.
post #5223 of 5235 Old 07-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
I believe the Onkyo xx6 series was the very first to use the "new" ACM1H microphone (The xx5 series used the older flat "puck" style mic).

My TX-SR876 came with a silver one and my newer TX-NR1010 came with a black one, but they are otherwise identical AFAIK. All documentation I've found indicates that all ACM1H(B) microphones are interchangeable, regardless of AVR manufacturer.
They are different. Seems the mic for the Marantz is a AMC1 Not ACM1H.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

post #5224 of 5235 Old 12-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I realize that this thread is basically dead, but has anyone tried passing a 4k video feed through this receiver? I'd hate to have to replace it but I've ordered a 4k TV...
post #5225 of 5235 Old 12-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 185
@crakarjax , not possible...

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Oppo 203 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite USB / Furman Conditioner / Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #5226 of 5235 Old 12-30-2016, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do I really need a new AV receiver?

Just bought a new LG 65" OLED. It has HDMI inputs (four of them). My fifteen year-old 73" big ugly box Mits did not. So I have never used HDMI via the Onkyo TX-SR876. FINALLY! I'll get to remove so much of the bundle of cabling between components. It's a rats nest of cables.

Took me a full day to figure out that my TX-SR876 HDMI board isn't working properly. The four inputs display "No signal" when selected and properly connected. The main output never outputs anything (including the Onkyo's on-screen setup). The Sub output occasionally does output to the TV; but not reliably. I googled and found out that "THEY ALL DO THAT" and it's a common failure of the Onkyo receiver.

Dejected, I called Onkyo. The receiver is not covered under the normal or any extended warranties. (even though the failure is apparently a design flaw). They DO have a trade-in program for a refurbished receiver. I'm in line waiting for a new "810" receiver or a new "1100". So far, the feedback on them is good.

In the interim, I've connected all of my devices to the TV using the TV's 4 HDMI input ports. The TV has an Optical output, so I routed that to the Onkyo's Optical input. With my Harmony Elite remote, it's really easy to select different devices; and all devices that have audio are processed by the Onkyo receiver via the Optical link.

So now I'm wondering: Do I really need to purchase a new receiver? The only possible reasons I can think of are
1. To get a newer unit and an extended warranty so that when IT fails, I'll have a remedy.
2. Maybe to install two ceiling speakers and see what 11.2 has to offer. (if I have the terminology right)

I'm expecting that some time in January (2017) they'll have either an "810" or "1100" come back for refurb. Then, I'll need to make the decision.

Ken
post #5227 of 5235 Old 12-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken R View Post

Just bought a new LG 65" OLED. It has HDMI inputs (four of them). My fifteen year-old 73" big ugly box Mits did not. So I have never used HDMI via the Onkyo TX-SR876. FINALLY! I'll get to remove so much of the bundle of cabling between components. It's a rats nest of cables.

Took me a full day to figure out that my TX-SR876 HDMI board isn't working properly. The four inputs display "No signal" when selected and properly connected. The main output never outputs anything (including the Onkyo's on-screen setup). The Sub output occasionally does output to the TV; but not reliably. I googled and found out that "THEY ALL DO THAT" and it's a common failure of the Onkyo receiver.

Dejected, I called Onkyo. The receiver is not covered under the normal or any extended warranties. (even though the failure is apparently a design flaw). They DO have a trade-in program for a refurbished receiver. I'm in line waiting for a new "810" receiver or a new "1100". So far, the feedback on them is good.

In the interim, I've connected all of my devices to the TV using the TV's 4 HDMI input ports. The TV has an Optical output, so I routed that to the Onkyo's Optical input. With my Harmony Elite remote, it's really easy to select different devices; and all devices that have audio are processed by the Onkyo receiver via the Optical link.

So now I'm wondering: Do I really need to purchase a new receiver? The only possible reasons I can think of are
1. To get a newer unit and an extended warranty so that when IT fails, I'll have a remedy.
2. Maybe to install two ceiling speakers and see what 11.2 has to offer. (if I have the terminology right)

I'm expecting that some time in January (2017) they'll have either an "810" or "1100" come back for refurb. Then, I'll need to make the decision.

Ken
The ".2" of an 11.2 receiver would be the two subwoofer outs

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Oppo 203 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite USB / Furman Conditioner / Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #5228 of 5235 Old 12-30-2016, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken R View Post

Ken
While I wouldn't be surprised if your HDMI board has failed, it very well could be a different issue entirely affecting your situation. Instead, it could be related to HDMI versioning or HDCP handshakes. The 876 only has HDMI 1.3, while your TV has HDMI 2.0. HDMI 2.0 input should theoretically be backwards compatible to HDMI 1.3 output devices, but there's also the issue of HDCP, of which your TV supports version 2.2. And it is here where I have found some issues with my 876...

If I output my 876 to a HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 display input, I get nothing. If I connect my 876 output to a 1.3 or 1.4 display input device, I get video, so the video out on the 876 isn't the issue. I do have an HDFury Integral and Linker device that may be able to circumvent these problems, but I haven't had time yet to fully test (this is not my 'main' setup) to determine if this can be fixed by placing the HDFury in between the TV and the 876.

I also have a 2016 LG 65" OLED E6 TV. If you can't find any answers elsewhere, I may be able to test your exact setup for you in a few weeks as I'll be moving some equipment around and should have better access + time to play and troubleshoot.
post #5229 of 5235 Old 01-21-2017, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found SR876 Service Manual Today!
post #5230 of 5235 Old 02-17-2017, 03:02 AM

SR 876 has suffered from increasing time for audio to come 'alive' for months and it was getting longer.

Video ok.

Eventually after 2 minutes audio comes on and it all works. Sometimes when the audio decides to come on, it does so with a very very loud white noise which I worry will blow the speakers. It then often switches the noise/Onkyo off itself. Very occasionally I get a mid-use receiver switch off but it will always allow being switched back on and then works again immediately.

I though it might be a factor in the HDMI handshake so today I replaced all 13 4V 100uF caps.

Video still ok but audio still as slow to come alive????

Worse still, although display shows FL and FR working (I do have empty boxes displaying for the other 5.1 speakers) I only get audio from FL & FR irrespective of which listening mode I select. When I press 'TEST TONE' and 'CH SEL' I get a white noise tone from all the speakers?

So help would be appreciated. Did the slow audio mean I had an HDMI handshake problem or have I wasted my time changing the caps?

Is this delayed audio a different issue?

Why, having changed caps has the audio time to start not improved?

Why do I only have audio output from LF & RF?

Is this something simple? Is a new audio Audyssey set ups needed just because the caps were changed. Would a reset help?
post #5231 of 5235 Old 04-21-2017, 05:23 PM

Liked: 10
876 hdmi fix

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-T580 發送
post #5232 of 5235 Old 05-07-2017, 11:42 AM

My 876, like some others in this forum had been growing flaky with the audio, and now it's dead (as far as audio goes). I hear some static/noise/clicks on speakers as I change the volume, but it's basically dead.

I do plan to get another receiver anyways to deal with Atmos, 4K etc, but I would love to be able to use this receiver as an amp, it has a good sounding amp section, plus I already own it. I haven't called Onkyo yet since its the weekend, but their website says my serial is not eligible for the fix. I'm wondering what people think it might cost to fix this out of warranty, and if Onkyo will do it or if I should send it to some specialty shop (and if so, which one).

(On a side note, I haven't posted here in a while, and can't recover my password so I had to make a new account, since I can't remember (or guess) which email account I was using when I signed up literally 15 years ago)
post #5233 of 5235 Old 06-03-2017, 05:02 PM

My 876 won't output video via HDMI through either the main or sub out. I've gotten my HDMI daughter card out thankfully to all the tips on this forum and videos on YouTube. I haven't been able to locate a vendor that sells the capacitors on top of the HDMI card. They are marked V2 220W CD and U2 470A CD. Does anyone have an internet retailer to recommend where I can buy some replacements?
post #5234 of 5235 Old 06-24-2017, 05:32 PM

My am/fm tuner hasn't worked in a year. Wondering if replacing the am/fm tuner board would fix this problem. Anybody else have any experience with this? I found the board but not sure if it's soldered on or just connected with the ribbon cable.

Fab Phil
post #5235 of 5235 Old 08-23-2017, 08:12 AM

Onkyo TX SR876 Firmware help

Hello everyone. New to the forum and have found a wealth of helpful information already. I just recently inherited a TX SR876 and I really like the performance of this receiver. Being an older unit, I do understand that there are some limitations regarding it's HDMI capabilities. I'm not running a 3D or 4k display, so it's really not an issue for me. I'm hoping that someone out there might have the most current firmware they could share with me for this unit. I'ts currently sitting at Ver 1.00 and I believe the last and most current is Ver. 1.05? Thanks in advance to anyone who might have what I'm looking for. Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page