receiver/(sub settings) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2008, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
say guys, new to the forum was wondering if i can gleen your collective knowledge on setting my ht for optimum sound my room is under 1400 cubic ft 12*w12*L8fth i have a integra dtr 7.8 receiver feeding 3 monitor audio radius 250 left, right and center speakers and 2 r90's as surrounds with a svs pb10nsd as my .1, prior to receiving the sub i calibrated the system with integras audyssey mic and i believe the system set the xover @80hz for all 5 speakers i later added the svs and spl'ed the system with the sub in there, no audyssey that time and was pleased with the punchey bass; but last night for the 1st time with the sub added i calibrated the system with audyssey and the sub doesnt have the "punch" it use to have, the receiver volume (for the sub channel that is) was turned down to -9.5 by audyssey were as i had it @0.0 or bumped a bit higher prior, also the audyssey set the ft lft and ctr spks to "full range" and "double bass" and the 90's @ 70hz according to integras owners manual double bass sends lft &rt speaker bass & lfe to the sub but the sub doesn't shake the room like it used to my settings on the sub itself remain the same: gain @9- 10:00 o'clock: phase @0 should i go back to 80hz or is the
'full range" on the mains and "double bass" setting optimum? i increased the receivers sub volume back up to 0.0 and made a little improvement but not like before . i was told on the forum check out the hints in maybe the audyssey thread but there's no "new thread" button on the page.thks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 116
???? Same answers as to your other post. Try the 'official' Audyssey thread if you need more info.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

???? Same answers as to your other post. Try the 'official' Audyssey thread if you need more info.

sorry Kal wanted to try audyssey thread as you said in your previous reply,but i mentioned in this duplicate post that i can't see how to place the question on the audyssey thread there's no "new thread" button to "right click" or does one just "right click" on post reply at the bottom of a page i thought that was to reply to the last post obviously i'm new to forums as well as ht but i'll learn. thank you for your help.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page