AVS Forum banner

How to use separate audio and video sources on Marantz receiver

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Aliens 
#1 ·
I have a Marantz SR7001 receiver and can't for the life of me figure out how to output video from one source, and audio from another. The manual makes a reference to Sound Injection and states to activate this feature, you first select the video source, and then the audio source. As I don't have any idea how to select an audio source, this isn't helpful. No where else in the manual is there anything more helpful in the way of a description.

Any of you with Marantz receivers out there that can help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

#3 ·
I looked at the online manual and didn't see anything about Sound Injection. What page is it on?

To select an audio source push the applicable button on the remote. If you're watching TV, then hit tuner on your remote and you can then listen to music while watching TV.

I have a 7002 and will be trying to configure things as simple as possible so I can watch TV (mute) and play CDs at the same time. The way I have things currently configured, the only thing I can do is watch TV (mute) and listen to the radio. It isn't complicated; I just haven't taken the time to do it.

I hope I've helped you in some way. Then again, maybe I misunderstood your question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.