post #31 of 33 Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Pioneer SC-07 receiver hooked up to a Pioneer Elite 141 using "game mode" and I don't notice any lag in RB2.

My comments here are going to sound like an insult, but I don't mean it to, so please take it in the spirit it was intended. Also, they're not directed to you specifically, but anyone who might read or post on this thread...

I've found that lots of people playing RB1 or RB2 report they don't have any lag issues, when in reality their receiver may indeed have the problem -- they just haven't noticed it, or encounter it. For one thing, if all you do is play guitar and bass, then you'll never notice the problem I'm talking about.

The only time you'll notice the lag issue is when you do things like play free-style drums -- fills and Big Rock Endings, or the RB2 "freestyle mode". But if you're not paying attention, you may not notice it.

OTOH, your receiver may actually not have any problems with lag. Unfortunately, unless we're sure you know the details of the problem, it's hard to know which is the case.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagware View Post

My comments here are going to sound like an insult, but I don't mean it to, so please take it in the spirit it was intended. Also, they're not directed to you specifically, but anyone who might read or post on this thread...

I've found that lots of people playing RB1 or RB2 report they don't have any lag issues, when in reality their receiver may indeed have the problem -- they just haven't noticed it, or encounter it. For one thing, if all you do is play guitar and bass, then you'll never notice the problem I'm talking about.

The only time you'll notice the lag issue is when you do things like play free-style drums -- fills and Big Rock Endings, or the RB2 "freestyle mode". But if you're not paying attention, you may not notice it.

OTOH, your receiver may actually not have any problems with lag. Unfortunately, unless we're sure you know the details of the problem, it's hard to know which is the case.

Dan

Most audible delays in modern receivers are created by the DSP, so turn off all signal effects like bass or treble boost, dolby, stadium mode, etc. Some recivers have something called Pure Audio, direct, or something similar that turns off that stuff and lowers the latency in the process.
post #33 of 33 Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8086 View Post

Most audible delays in modern receivers are created by the DSP, so turn off all signal effects like bass or treble boost, dolby, stadium mode, etc. Some recivers have something called Pure Audio, direct, or something similar that turns off that stuff and lowers the latency in the process.

Um, gee, thanks for info we've already covered.

Dan
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page