Panasonic SA-BX500 Small Light Powerful - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 699 Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine is still going strong. However I'm thinking to upgrade to an Onkyo 818. 3 hdmi in and just 1 out aint cutting it for me anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 699 Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnaive View Post

Mine is still going strong. However I'm thinking to upgrade to an Onkyo 818. 3 hdmi in and just 1 out aint cutting it for me anymore.

It has had more than its useful run. You will find XT32 simply amazing.
post #693 of 699 Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnaive View Post

Mine is still going strong, too, and I'll probably use it until it breaks. Agree about only 3 HDMI inputs, so I bought one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088AP6IK/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, though, still running an HDMI straight to the TV.

It would be great if somebody would post a list of currently-available receivers that use similar amplification to SA-BX500. I think there is a fairly recent Pioneer Elite. I think there was a Sherwood, but probably long enough ago that it's disco'd.
post #694 of 699 Old 06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goes to 11 View Post

It would be great if somebody would post a list of currently-available receivers that use similar amplification to SA-BX500. I think there is a fairly recent Pioneer ...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/SC-1222-K

Class D3 Amps. Check Amazon or Newegg.

However, not sure I would exclude other contenders (Denon, Onkyo, etc.) just because they have different types of amps inside. For instance, WRAT certainly puts out the power.

post #695 of 699 Old 07-09-2013, 03:55 AM

Folks,

I just bought a used sa-bx500 mainly to play audio from a computer. (I know, kinda overkill but I got it cheap). I am trying to connect through a regular old RCA to headphone jack cable that I have tried to connect to multiple inputs CD/tv/aux but I get no sound. What am I doing wrong? The radio works.

Cheers

Chris
post #696 of 699 Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maluszynski View Post

Folks,

I just bought a used sa-bx500 mainly to play audio from a computer. (I know, kinda overkill but I got it cheap). I am trying to connect through a regular old RCA to headphone jack cable that I have tried to connect to multiple inputs CD/tv/aux but I get no sound. What am I doing wrong? The radio works.

Cheers

Chris

From computer, use Aux out (line level) not headphone out (usually amped).

On computer, be sure it's not set to "Digital" ... unless you want to use its SPDIF (which is what I would use anyway).

Try another analog input device (old VCR, DVD Player) and test all RCA Inputs.

post #697 of 699 Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 AM

Liked: 16
Tesla said exactly what I was starting to post. Only thing I can add is that if another line-level output device works (so you know the SA-BX500 is functional), and if a headphone output is your only option from the computer, you might be able to make it work by going into audio control on the computer and turning headphone output volume way, way down. I would start at about 5, on a scale of 0 - 100.
post #698 of 699 Old 02-01-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:

I'm aware about newer receivers stating they are 3D compatible. But i was hoping for someone with direct experience on this receiver who could say they have definitely done this or definitely ruled it out.

I've made this receiver do things not on the spec sheet and was hoping this would be another undocumented capability.

For the dual ouput BD play my intention would be to have one output go to the TV which could provide the EDID answer back to the movie that yes 3D is compatible, and the other output to the SA-BX500 to receive lossless audio. Wouldn't that work?

If a dual output BD player won't work or can't be found, what about a 3D compatible HDMI splitter? Something like monoprice item 8204 or 7522? Ideally someone with SA-BX500 is doing the same thing and has already found a compatible splitter.

End Quote

Check out the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 - it will do what you want. Question for the gurus - should I be using the 8 channel analog output of this blue ray player into my SA-BX500 or should I keep it all digital?

Silence is Golden
but Duct Tape is Silver
post #699 of 699 Old 02-01-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensleep View Post

Check out the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 - it will do what you want. Question for the gurus - should I be using the 8 channel analog output of this blue ray player into my SA-BX500 or should I keep it all digital?

Digital (over HDMI) will give you 1080p, bitstreamed HD-Audio, Lip-Sync, multi-channel PCM, and more.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page