Denon 2309 Video Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a Denon 2309 for my home theater. The output of the 2309 is connected to a Samsung LNT5265FX (52in LCD 1080P). Inputs are Samsung BluRay (BD-P1500) via HDMI, Cable box via Coax Video, PC via DVI.

Before connecting the 2309 I had no problem with my video from any source. Now the TV loses video once or twice an hour from any source through the 2309. The TV displays a message something like 'unrecognized format' and does not come back. The only thing that restores video is to cycle power off/on to the TV. Nothing special is noted when the video drops out.

Denon customer service said it was a Samsung TV problem. I updated the firmware on the Samsung TV and the video dropouts have decreased to once or twice a day. I see a periodic green screen flash but that's the only other video abnormality I see.

Hope some one knows of a fix. I would send the receiver back except I threw out the box. I like the receiver otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 AM

I have the same Receiver and TV. No video drop outs here. Does it happen with all sources?
post #3 of 5 Old 11-14-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

All sources and about the same rate. Maybe I could try a different HDMI cable. Moving the cable does not cause a drop out though. Maybe under certain data transfer conditions it hiccups. Thanks for responding.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Replaced the cable and switched to a different HDMI input on the TV with no success.

Did buy a cable HDMI video switcher to put between the 2309 and the PC to keep the video output from the computer from disconnecting when not loaded. It's called an HDMI Smart Switch and it's in the gaming department.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokamak10 View Post

Replaced the cable and switched to a different HDMI input on the TV with no success.

Did buy a cable HDMI video switcher to put between the 2309 and the PC to keep the video output from the computer from disconnecting when not loaded. It's called an HDMI Smart Switch and it's in the gaming department.

If this computer is running the AMD 780G chipset an upgrade to the cadalyst software will solve the problem.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page