Denon AVR-5308CI Setup - No Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-23-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the AVR-5308CI and I cannot view anything on my Sony KF-60DX100 other than the Denon GUI menus. I have set up the connections exactly as indicated for my cable box. I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD for my cable box, which is an HD DVR. I connect the three component video cables from the cable box to the TV/CBL RCA3 and connect the monitor from the Monitor Out 1 component connections to the monitor's HD/DVD IN component connection.
I have set up the AVR-5308CI's GUI menu for the following:
Source Select:TV/CBL:Assign:HDMI:None;Digital:Optical 1 (I get sound);Component:3-RCA;iPod dock:None
Video:Video Select: TV/CBL;Video Convert:ON;i/p scaler: A to H; Resolution: Auto; Progressive Mode: Auto; Aspect:Full
Input mode: Auto; Decode mode: Auto
There is nothing wrong with the cables or monitor or cable box, because they were all working correctly before I installed the AVR-5308CI.
Could someone provide me with some suggestions or explain why I am not getting a picture other the the Denon GUI menu?

I admit I am not quite as tech savy as most of you, but I would appreciate some input from those of you having experience and explaining to me in more layman's terms, if possible.

Also, would I be able to directly connect this to my cable modem ethernet connection without a hub/server?

This manual Denon provided with the unit is very difficult to follow and is not very intuitive. No, I have not yet completely read this from cover to cover as of yet. I just need to get it working and displaying output to the monitor other than it's GUI menu... in the meantime I am directly connecting from my cable box to the monitor to see my programs, etc.

Many thanks in advance!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page