JVC RX-6040B cuts out on digital connections - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
tno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a used JVC RX-6040B as an upgrade from the crappy RCA HTIB I already have. (BTW - I love the gorgeous sounds that this receiver makes, blows the RCA out of the water.) Being a man that has put his HT together for less than $100 (Sony 34HS410, Xbox 360 w/ HD DVD, aforementioned receivers/speakers), I am still using the HTIB speakers and have double/triple checked their connections. Here's the rub . . . After listening to anything off the digital connections for a minute or so, there's a pop and then the speakers go silent. The receiver display shows it going from digital to Linear PCM, and that's the end of it. Touching the case it doesn't seem to be getting hot. The fuse looks intact, and it does this regardless of volume. Turning the receiver off/on w/ no rest period brings it back to full function for a minute or so and then the problem repeats itself.

Looking over the threads it looks like a sprinkling of users have had this problem with lots of different receivers and no real solutions have been offered but I figured I'd try. Any help would be appreciated.

tno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-03-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
tno

::bump:: i know no one has any experience with this amp, but surely there are enough engineers and techs on the board to offer some help. anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
tno

::bump:: nothing? anyone? i don't want to give up on this? should I just find a tech and go there?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page