Solution to HDMI @ 1080p receiver/display HDCP handshake problems - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #61 of 67 Old 11-10-2014, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Correct. Passing the HDMI signal though an HDMI repeater (ie. AVR) will generally weaken the signal. However, note that you will want to place the 5V HDMI extender at the PJ input end of the cable and not the AVR output.
Thanks JD, will definitely give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Reviving an old thread. I have the vsx-50 (about 4 years old), 5.1 Boston Acoustic speakers (10 years old but still sound great), an unimpressive dvd player, and I think the first hdmi tv ever made (one input). It's a rear projector type and got it for a case of beer. The tv is a temporary thing but I'd like everything to work right. Everything is hooked up by hdmi (not top of the line cables either) using the vsx-50 as the hub and get nothing on the tv, sound works. The tv doesn't even appear to detect any signal. Everything works when hooked up to a newer Samsung 22" tv or directly to the dinosaur. Could this be the HDCP issue and the fix is a switch? Gonna go thru every connection again tomorrow but If a <$50 switch is the answer.....I know, a $300 tv wouldn't hurt either ;-)
post #63 of 67 Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkt1969 View Post
I have a marantz sr5008 a sony bravia tv which is 3-4 yrs old directv genie and apple tv. Everything was working fine with HDMI cables until today. Now I can only get HD premium movie channels if I do NOT run the signal through my receiver. All other HD stations are fine. Also I can't get anything on Apple TV unless I bypass the receiver. I've had the marantz and directv for 6 months and this problem just started today. Thoughts?
Same issue here, driving me nuts. Everything worked fine (and all cables adn the AVR are less than a year old) then I suddenly started getting HDCP error on Apple TV.

I have spent a few days troubleshooting thisproblem and have isolated it, with certainty, to the AVR (Denon AVR-E400). Soon after the original HDCP message no output devices (BluRay, HD Cable Box, XBOX, AppleTV) would sendan A/V signal to the TV (Panasonic Plasma). ALL of these devices work perfectly when routed directly to the TV with thecurrent, new, modern "smart" high speed HDMI cables as well as olderunknown HDMI cables I have lying around.

I have tried to "reset" the HDCP handshake mydisconnecting everything, powering everything down, and then restarting inevery possible combination of sequence order. Nothing works. No a/v signalmakes it through the Denon HDMI "switching" (HDMI monitor out toTV. I have also tried all TV HDMI inputs(3). Everyone works perfectly with alloutput devices when wired directly. Noneof them work at all when wired through the Denon AVR e-400. I have taken the Apple TV and swapped it withanother system from another room. Itworked fine on the other TV, and the one that was on that other TV worked finedirectly connected to the system in question, but did not work when wiredthrough the Denon avr.

I posted on the Denon-EAVR specific thread but this is the best "handshake" specific thread I could find. Any input would be appreciated. I would really like for my system to work without having to buy a splitter that may or may not fix it.
post #64 of 67 Old 03-06-2015, 01:10 PM

I'm having a similar issue. I have a Chromecast -> Pioneer Elite 74TXVi -> Panasonic TH-50PX50. Everything was working fine until a couple of months ago, and then suddenly one morning, there is no picture from the Chromecast (I assume after an automatic firmware update from Google). If I connect the Chromecast directly to the TV, it works fine. Other HDMI devices such as a DVD player through the same cables and inputs work fine. I have tried a simple HDMI switch and does nothing to help.
This is really irritating, especially since everything was working fine for a while.
post #65 of 67 Old 05-30-2015, 04:09 AM

Liked: 0
HDCP blocking

I have permanently solved the HDMI problem. I cancelled my Sat TV subscription. I am paying $100/month. I swear some of the programs are reaching almost 50% commercial content, and many channels are nothing but infomercials. I am paying for entertainment, not some huckster screaming at me to buy this and that, most of it worthless crap and rip offs. My friends tell me other pay TV suppliers are just as bad. Problem solved!
post #66 of 67 Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 PM

My Story

Hi All, thought I would share my problem and the solution that worked for me.

After putting together a HTPC based on laptop with broken screen running Windows 7 I went through final testing first hooking to TV which is a LG Plasma and worked all good. Upon connect to my Pioneer VSX receiver I had that god awful flashing screen, 8bit looking screen. So tried pulling the TV settings through direct hookup but alas found that Windows 7 didn't have the fun options to set it nice. However my windows 8 Laptop no issues. I found one prob seemed to be needing to switch back to 1080i instead of 1080p @ 60hz. So a started on cheapest solutions first one suggestion was to get a good quality HDMI cable which honestly mine were the cheaper options. So went out and purchased a SONIQ 4K 2m cable from JB HIFI (in Australia) for about $59 AUD. Hooked her up and no good. A little annoyed as next step was a HDMI Detective which cost 4x as much I thought might as well run the fancy HDMI from AV to TV so did that then thought give it one more test and bang that worked. Cheap HDMI from HTPC to AV and then expensive from AV to TV. I hope this may help someone as this sort of problem ages us AV lovers a bit. The only issue I have to deal with now is overscan but will figure it out soon.

So far no issues after sleep, restarts, continual running anything. It just works.

Hopes this may of help to some of you or at least give enough information to help find another solution.
post #67 of 67 Unread Today, 11:49 AM

Possible fix for HDPC with Westinghouse HDTV's

I sell devices like the Microsoft wireless display adapter to many customers. I was just helping a customer troubleshoot the black screen issue with a 46" Westinghouse HDTV. It would say connecting and the TV would go black, but it would show that it was connected on his Surface Pro 3. I asked him to try it on a different tv, Which was a Visio. And MicrosoftWirelessDisplayAdapter work fine. After reading a few Forms about the Westinghouse TV, I knew I was in HDCP issue. I asked him if he tried using a different HDMI ports on the TV, he had tried all of them except the first one. So when he pluged the adapter into the HDMI 1 port, any attempted to connect again. He had no problem at all! I later read that Westinghouse only as the HDCP active all on one or two HDMI ports on your TVs. So if you're getting a black screen or having an issue connecting, try using the HDMI 1 port.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors