Solution to HDMI @ 1080p receiver/display HDCP handshake problems - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2014, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Correct. Passing the HDMI signal though an HDMI repeater (ie. AVR) will generally weaken the signal. However, note that you will want to place the 5V HDMI extender at the PJ input end of the cable and not the AVR output.
Thanks JD, will definitely give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Reviving an old thread. I have the vsx-50 (about 4 years old), 5.1 Boston Acoustic speakers (10 years old but still sound great), an unimpressive dvd player, and I think the first hdmi tv ever made (one input). It's a rear projector type and got it for a case of beer. The tv is a temporary thing but I'd like everything to work right. Everything is hooked up by hdmi (not top of the line cables either) using the vsx-50 as the hub and get nothing on the tv, sound works. The tv doesn't even appear to detect any signal. Everything works when hooked up to a newer Samsung 22" tv or directly to the dinosaur. Could this be the HDCP issue and the fix is a switch? Gonna go thru every connection again tomorrow but If a <$50 switch is the answer.....I know, a $300 tv wouldn't hurt either ;-)