I have been tearing my hair out trying to decide what receiver or HTIB to purchase that would do justice to the HUGE investment I just made on the visual end of things.
Here is my setup:
1) Samsung LN55A950, 55", 120Hz, LED-backlit LCD HDTV
2) Samsung BD-P2550 Blu Ray Player
3) DMA2100 Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N HD Media Center Extender (may return and replace w/ the Popcorn Hour A110 Media Tank)
4) Scientific Atlantic Explorer 4250 HDC cable box (supplied by Comcast)
This is where I'm looking for recommendations for a proper receiver and speakers, OR a HTIB. I've sunk a crapload into 1 through 4; I don't want to sell myself short by not getting the right audio setup.
I know very little about all-things-audio, but I've come up with the following options based on my research thus far:
- Onkyo HT-S7100 7.1 Channel Receiver and Speaker Packagehttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...search11718-20
- Denon AVR1909 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiverhttp://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=DENAVR1909
I've heard good things about these two below, but haven't dug up any deals/info about them.
- Yamaha 663
- Harmon-Kardon 254 or 354
The Onkyo above is what I'm leaning towards b/c it has 4 HDMI inputs and (apparently) decodes TrueHD and DTS-MA (those are the two big ones, right?).
Please help me out. I've made so many posts on various home theater forums around the internet and have yet to get any serious responses from folks who are willing to draw a line in the sand for a particular product. Any info is greatly appreciated.