Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just received my newly acquired 906 yesterday and just finished setting up today. i have these following problems that i can not correct at all :
- with my samsung bd-up5000 duo player (bd and hd-dvd), i can not get any audio at all when playing either bd or hd-dvd movie. the receiver keeps saying "NO SIGNAL". i have checked and replaced with another hdmi cable. i have plugged it into different hdmi socket in the receiver, and it still the same result. checked and rechecked the set-up configuration in my samsung, even tried to output by PCM instead of bitstream(audiophile) and it's still no sound at all. funny thing, it was working just fine yesterday for couple of hours then suddenly the sound is gone. i had resetted the 906 twice and my bd-up5000 once and didn't make any difference.
- when playing dvd, i can not get the 906 to automatically detect dolby digital or dts. i can not select it from the listening mode either as the option is not available. i can only select the Dolby PLII, etc etc.
- im running the 906 with adcom 7085 power amp setup. i noticed that when i changed inputs or entering the set-up menu or even stopping dvd, the receiver is clicking and it's audioble quite loud through all my speakers. i can also hear significant humming noise which is really annoying from all the speakers. is this normal ?
- i also noticed that the 906 gets really hot and some ppl in forum thinks that this is caused by the reon HQV processor. im using the reon to upscale my dvd to 1080p as my dvd can only output to 1080i.
- last, i used to have a denon 3808. with the denon, when you enter the set-up menu, the menu it's overlaying on top of whatever we have playing. i noticed with the onkyo, the menu is not overlaying at all. is this correct ? or have i done something wrong ?
i have going back and forth on the manual, cabling, set-up, etc for the last 6 hours and i still can't work it out what happened with it. im really really tired and frustrated now.
anyone out there can help me out please ? any pointers, suggestions, comments, hints, etc etc ???
really really appreciate any help...
thanks.. and i hope everyone have a better new year than me..