Denon AVR-1909 HDMI Issues (Flickering, Snowy Picture, etc) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having and issue with my AVR-1909. I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300hD, a Sony S350 Blu Ray Player, and a HTPC attached to it via HDMI. I have few issues:

1) Sometimes the picture and audio goes out, I get a black screen with no audio
2) Sometimes there's a snowy screen, but audio is fine.
3) Sometimes the screen flickers and the the audio/video goes in and out.

It wasn't bad before, but now I it's unwatchable. It is very frustrating. Is this a handshake issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
i have had the same problem with my denon 2309 and the SA 8300HD, both time i was clicking "last channel" and it was going from MTV back into a HD channel. First time i lost picture signal and just got pure snow. I had to do a soft rebot of the 8300 to clear it. Second time i just got a scrambled picture with black squares in it and i only had to go back to mtv and wait a minute or so and it cleared itself up.

My guess is handshake issues as well...other than those 2 times i have had no issues.

Tim
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM

I have the exact same problem. The 1909 is on for about eight minutes and then snow starts to appear on the TV screen and then the sound cuts out. That continues for about four minutes and then every thing is fine. Does it with the Blu-Ray player or HD television feed.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)
Liked: 1745
First try replacing the HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV. If still no joy, then "reset the microprocessor" (p. 64).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 AM

I've got screen flicker with the Deon avr 4311. I know it's the receiver because the tv has no flicker when not run through the avr. I have it on all inputs so it doesn't matter if it's cable, blu ray, apple tv etc. I've seem suggestions to reset the microprocessor but before I do that I'd like to know if that means: 1) I have to redo my Audyssey set up and 2) do I lost my firm ware updates? I already updated to airplay and would prefer not having to reinstall that. I've played with the hdmi cables etc and it's not the cables so it has to be the AVR.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
585-645-1006

^^^
Not sure what "playing with the cables" means, but replacing the cables is the first suggestion. Doesn't matter if it works straight to the TV ... it can still be a cable issue.

1. If you reset the microprocessor (p. 138) you will lose all settings, however, you can use the Web Control feature (p. 70) to save the settings file to a PC and then restore it after the reset.

2. There are firmware "updates" (ie. fixes) and "upgrades" (eg. airplay). You will lose neither of them.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 PM

I purchased the Denon AVR1910 receiver three years ago, and I had no issues connecting the hdmi output to my monitor TV. Recently, I purchased a projector and I tried changing the Hdmi output connection. I used a new hdmi cable (15 ft long) but I could not get any signal to the projector. So, I tried connecting the receiver to my old TV using the new hdmi cable that is hdcp compliant. I got a flickering/blinking screen with green bue and red horizontal stripes. I tried three other hdmi cables (purchased at different stores at different times) and got the same result. Then I tried the original hdmi cable and the TV and the projector worked. I connected the new hdmi cables to the dvd inputs and I did not have any issues. Resetting the receiver and powering it on and off in sequence had no effect. Is this due to a faulty hdmi output on the receiver? The receiver works with my old hdmi cable but not with othe new ones I purchased. The new cables is certified to be hdcp compliant. Can someone please help resolve this issue?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:34 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Welcome to AVS Forum.

HDMI is generally only certified to about 15'-20' without using an HDMI extender. If the shorter cable works to the projector and the 15' cables don't, then it's likely a cable issue. You can purchase a better quality HDMI cable as well as an HDMI extender (if needed) from forum sponsor Monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Also you're responding to a thread that is not only over 1 year old but it also references the Denon 1909, not your 1910. There is a dedicated 1910 Owner's thread that you would be better served posting in for any additional issues/questions.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=denon+1910