Originally Posted by kilinko
1. Anthem A5
2. Wyred 4 Sound MC 5x250w
Center -- Tribe In-Wall 48 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
FR, FL, SL, SR -- Tribe In-Ceiling 47 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
impedance -- 6 ohm
efficiency -- 90 dB.Integra DHC 9.9
Seating position 7, 8 feet to ear level from ceiling, 10' from center channel. This will only power 5 channels because the subwoofer has its own class d amp. I am going from NAD T785 to these possible combos.
I'll start with, I'm biased given what I own but to be frank, I've heard the Anthem, great amp, no question, but I think the W4S is even better. Here are a couple of the Pluses:
1. Check out power rating with ALL 5 channels driven. Big difference.
2. Check out power at 4 and 2 Ohms. Given you have 6ohm speakers that would be important. Not trying to over do the power thing but I'm a believe you can't have enough and it helps in quality and listen-ability for movies.
3. Runs very cool. If this is a family room I would put some weight behind this. I also have the DHC 9.9 and that thing runs very hot. I would get a fan for the 9.9. Add the A5 and at the end of the movie you might be in your underwear.
4. They are upgradeable to 6 or 7 channels or more power per channel.
5. The guys at W4S - EJ - are so good. Very customer focused. Will do whatever you need to do. Your not just a number with these guys.
Finally, depending on when you need to pull the trigger you might want to discuss with EJ the new 5 channel mini that is coming out. I own the MC with 3x500, 2x250 and could not be happier. Also running the 9.9. GREAT combination. Give the amp break in time and leave it on all the time, very lower power compsumption and even once broken-in it is better if just left on. I've driven mine very hard and just as background and every person that's heard it has been like, wow! - Soft or loud.
Let me know if you'd like any other thoughts.