60%Movies 40%Music

1. Anthem A5
2. Wyred 4 Sound MC 5x250w

Center -- Tribe In-Wall 48 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
FR, FL, SL, SR -- Tribe In-Ceiling 47 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
impedance -- 6 ohm
efficiency -- 90 dB.
Integra DHC 9.9

Seating position 7, 8 feet to ear level from ceiling, 10' from center channel. This will only power 5 channels because the subwoofer has its own class d amp. I am going from NAD T785 to these possible combos.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilinko View Post

Hometheater/Familyroom
60%Movies 40%Music

1. Anthem A5
2. Wyred 4 Sound MC 5x250w

Center -- Tribe In-Wall 48 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
FR, FL, SL, SR -- Tribe In-Ceiling 47 Hz - 25 kHz ±3 dB
impedance -- 6 ohm
efficiency -- 90 dB.
Integra DHC 9.9

Seating position 7, 8 feet to ear level from ceiling, 10' from center channel. This will only power 5 channels because the subwoofer has its own class d amp. I am going from NAD T785 to these possible combos.

Thanks.

I'll start with, I'm biased given what I own but to be frank, I've heard the Anthem, great amp, no question, but I think the W4S is even better. Here are a couple of the Pluses:

1. Check out power rating with ALL 5 channels driven. Big difference.
2. Check out power at 4 and 2 Ohms. Given you have 6ohm speakers that would be important. Not trying to over do the power thing but I'm a believe you can't have enough and it helps in quality and listen-ability for movies.
3. Runs very cool. If this is a family room I would put some weight behind this. I also have the DHC 9.9 and that thing runs very hot. I would get a fan for the 9.9. Add the A5 and at the end of the movie you might be in your underwear.
4. They are upgradeable to 6 or 7 channels or more power per channel.
5. The guys at W4S - EJ - are so good. Very customer focused. Will do whatever you need to do. Your not just a number with these guys.

Finally, depending on when you need to pull the trigger you might want to discuss with EJ the new 5 channel mini that is coming out. I own the MC with 3x500, 2x250 and could not be happier. Also running the 9.9. GREAT combination. Give the amp break in time and leave it on all the time, very lower power compsumption and even once broken-in it is better if just left on. I've driven mine very hard and just as background and every person that's heard it has been like, wow! - Soft or loud.

Let me know if you'd like any other thoughts.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

i had a parasound halo amp with my marantz AV8003. and now i have the av8003 with a wyred4sound mc 500x3 , 250x2. And i think the wyred4sound is better handsdown!!!!

It produces such good transparency and is so much more efficient. I dont think theres a need for me to buy another amp in my lifetime.

wyred4sound amps and service is awsome!!!!

- Independent Dreams - IDStudios
post #4 of 9 Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Would you go with the mini mc 5 x 250-275w 6 ohm or the MC 5 x 350w 6 ohm?

Thanks
post #5 of 9 Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
The A5 is not that great I would rather have the Mc IMO
post #6 of 9 Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilinko View Post

Would you go with the mini mc 5 x 250-275w 6 ohm or the MC 5 x 350w 6 ohm?

Thanks

Here is the link to the forum on the W4S.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post15644234

If I got it right there are some comments there from EJ on the Mini MC. THey have not done A/B comparison's yet so sonic quality is not clear yet. But I think availability is not for a while (Like Fall if I remember but could be very wrong).

So what's the overall size/dimensions of the room and what's on the walls/floor/furniture, what are you budgeting, and any specific reason why 5x??? on all channels?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post

The A5 is not that great I would rather have the Mc IMO

I have compared the Anthem to numerouse manufacturers. I feel it is one the finest amplifiers available in its price range. It is smooth yet very detailed w/o being bright. It has good bass control and extension. I have heard the A5 on various speakers. I have heard the A series amps improve speakers that normally sound bright with other electronics. The closest competition in class a/b land is NAD. However, the Anthem has more power than the NAD's. NAD Master is using a fan. Yuk. Fans break.

My Anthem easily beats out my other amplifiers. Smoother than Adcom, Rotel and Parasound. More detailed and sweeter than B&K, Carver or Sunfire. I have nothing but good experience with Anthem. They sound great and are very reliable.

I am preparing to do a direct comparo with a W4S unit versus the Anthem. I will update with results.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-11-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich toxisch View Post

I have compared the Anthem to numerouse manufacturers. I feel it is one the finest amplifiers available in its price range. It is smooth yet very detailed w/o being bright. It has good bass control and extension. I have heard the A5 on various speakers. I have heard the A series amps improve speakers that normally sound bright with other electronics. The closest competition in class a/b land is NAD. However, the Anthem has more power than the NAD's. NAD Master is using a fan. Yuk. Fans break.

My Anthem easily beats out my other amplifiers. Smoother than Adcom, Rotel and Parasound. More detailed and sweeter than B&K, Carver or Sunfire. I have nothing but good experience with Anthem. They sound great and are very reliable.

I am preparing to do a direct comparo with a W4S unit versus the Anthem. I will update with results.

Did you ever do the comparison?
post #9 of 9 Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The world want to know the results of your comparison of the Wyred 4 Sound amp VS the Anthem A5.

Chucka
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page