Old 08-09-2014, 05:58 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 377
MCACC is not very good!

It applied large to my 7 KEF LS50! It also messed up the distance accuracy by a mile! In addition the sound is not very good

I will run it again hope it improves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
What level should you set your subwoofer be set for before running mcacc?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You want your sub to be as close to 0 as you can get it. And 0 on the rec not the sub itself. I think my sub is bout the 4 o'clock position (pb12nsd)
Old 08-12-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedarklord View Post
You want your sub to be as close to 0 as you can get it. And 0 on the rec not the sub itself. I think my sub is bout the 4 o'clock position (pb12nsd)
So do a calibration. If the sub is -4 crank it down a bit and recalibrate till it calibrates to a 0?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 347
^^
yes, that's the idea

Steve
Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^
yes, that's the idea
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I usually put the sub vol about 15% of the total. Thats about 8' o clock... Then after MCACC I can raise the vol to 12' o clock if needed
Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
MCACC is not very good!

It applied large to my 7 KEF LS50! It also messed up the distance accuracy by a mile! In addition the sound is not very good

I will run it again hope it improves
What issues are you having? Lack of bass? Lack of highs?
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ok, still having trouble getting the best off my subs on a 9.2 setup (no surround backs) with my SC-75. Sound is really good, crisp and very detailed with music and powerful on movies, but still think I can do much better and could get more punch. I followed instructions from this link to set the MCACC:

http://www.avforums.com/threads/how-...-mcacc.986641/

Also, it seems almost impossible to get the calibrator to set sub sound level on 0 as recommended, since the front sub has manual volume control (which I set to 8 o clock) and the rear sub relies entirely on the receiver since it has no volume knob (both Kef´s). Best I could get was a -5.

Any ideas will be very welcome.

Finally, is there any chance at all that the new 2 Sub Eq on this year´s line could be available for last year´s Elite line through a software update?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:34 AM

Am i correct there is no system wide EQ other than fingerEQ on the app? I already have each channel flat using mcacc, Should i just bump each speaker up evenly?

Are the advanced surround effects just a system wide eq or do they change other things as well?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Excuse me for barging in here? I have a SC 37. I'm needing some advice on mcacc? However,first I need help with setting up my app ? I've tried all the Pioneer apps? I've figured out that my Sc37 will not connect to internet? I just disconnected my SC1222K yesterday,and my app to it was fine. So I know it's not router or wiring?
The other question I have about my mcacc is the 0 in function? I'm to move the speaker's until I get the highest numeric number? I'm not getting it really?
But ,can pleas help me with my app issue first?
Thanks, James C
Old 08-31-2014, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Fellows I need some advice that I know this thread owners would know? For two days I've been stuck on network setup Applying settings? I can't get it off the screen? I was trying initially to set up my network so u could connect to Pioneer app?
I do have a question regarding mcacc,but this is imperative at the moment!!! U know what I mean?
Please can someone ,anyone help me here???
Dabsim
Old 08-31-2014, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
The apps are crap. At one time they worked for my SC-65 and now they don't.

There are never failures, only challenges.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does any one happen to have a calibration mic part #APM7008 they no longer need? I lost the one for my VSX1018AHK. Pioneer sells it for for $35+shipping. I am willing to pay but hoping someone might have one laying around they no longer need and would be willing to sell it to me.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusb84 View Post
Does any one happen to have a calibration mic part #APM7008 they no longer need? I lost the one for my VSX1018AHK. Pioneer sells it for for $35+shipping. I am willing to pay but hoping someone might have one laying around they no longer need and would be willing to sell it to me.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...7008+&_sacat=0
Old 09-06-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
Yeah.. I know I can buy it but I was hoping someone here might have a spare from an old unit they were willing to sell for a bit less.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 347
^^
then that person would be without one if they moved, changed furniture, needed to re-calibrate for some reason. I wouldn't do it and if someone here does, IMO they're making a foolish decision.

good luck with that. it's your misfortune that you lost yours but to think someone else might fork over theirs to help you is asking a lot. and hoping someone just happens to have an old unused receiver in their garage and can spare you the mic is wishful thinking. and when they go to sell it, it's gimped and so is the new owner.

take responsibility for your own problem...is $35-45 that much to spend? next time, don't lose it

good luck

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 09-06-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^
then that person would be without one if they moved, changed furniture, needed to re-calibrate for some reason. I wouldn't do it and if someone here does, IMO they're making a foolish decision.

good luck with that. it's your misfortune that you lost yours but to think someone else might fork over theirs to help you is asking a lot. and hoping someone just happens to have an old unused receiver in their garage and can spare you the mic is wishful thinking. and when they go to sell it, it's gimped and so is the new owner.

take responsibility for your own problem...is $35-45 that much to spend? next time, don't lose it

good luck
You're a jerk.

It's not unheard of that someone might have spare parts laying around. Maybe somebody upgraded and simply forgot to pass on the old mic with the receiver. Maybe their receiver died and the newer Pioneer uses a different mic unit. The newer units don't use the same mic, but I'm sure you are already aware of that.

I'm not asking for a handout, so please don't treat me like I was.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 232
When I set my LCR's to large will my subs still recieve the same signal at the cross over point? As if I set my mains to small?I cross over at 80. My mains will go down to 20hz. And when I set to large the front stage sound so much better. But yet, I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything below 20 as my subs is capable in the single digits. Btw, I have a 5 year old a Pioneer AVR.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Yes, if you do not turn the sub off in the setup menus, then the sub will still receive LF signals.

The crossover will not apply to speakers set to "large" and thus they will receive a full-range signal. However, chances are good that your mains (and main amplifiers) will be better off (lower distortion, greater headroom, etc.) if you leave them set as "small" with appropriate crossover setting.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
Yes, if you do not turn the sub off in the setup menus, then the sub will still receive LF signals.

The crossover will not apply to speakers set to "large" and thus they will receive a full-range signal. However, chances are good that your mains (and main amplifiers) will be better off (lower distortion, greater headroom, etc.) if you leave them set as "small" with appropriate crossover setting.
Note that when you turn the sub back on in the setup menu, the fronts remain set to Large. That is, turning the sub off causes my VSX-1124 to set the fronts to Large. Turning it back on, they don't go back to Small. They stay Large, so you need to check the other speakers after messing with sub On/Off setting. I noticed that the other day when doing some experimenting.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:

Ok thanks.. Been about a month now since I've upgraded my LCR's and surrounds. My LCR's are capable of running full range. And when I set it that way for movies they sound fantastic for the front stage. The LCR is running off separate amps from the preouts of my SC-09Tx. A Inuke 12000dsp for the L/R and 6000dsp for the center. My previous setup I definitely had to set the mains to small.
So no difference in signal being sent to the subs (LFE) when either mains set to large or small then? Thanks..

This is raw response from just my L/R mains no subs on. No EQ done..

Click image for larger version

Name:	lr raw response.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	309594
Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Impressive. Enjoy the new speakers!
RickD1225 likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Old 10-17-2014, 08:48 AM

I bought a Pioneer lx78 and ran the Mcacc setup, not very satisfied with results The sound is defined but the soundtage isnt very open.

I have the Pioneer connected to a 2ch power amp (Cambridge audio 851W).

The settings for speakers are Small and Xover 100Hz (Infinity Kappa 400 speakers) the results gave a -12db in front channels and -6db on center decreased, isn't too much ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7657.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	316570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7658.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	316578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7659.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	316586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7655.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	316594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7664.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	316602  

Name:	IMG_7665.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	316610  

Kocl

Last edited by Kocl; 10-17-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

It is hard to say what you mean by "soundstage isn't very open". To me that usually relates to speaker positioning and toe-in, not the EQ, unless room acoustics are causing issues. However, the gain seems a bit low, implying the amplifier is adding more gain than the AVR can compensate. Is -12 dB the lower limit? If so, it may be the balance is off. You could try not using the amp and seeing how it sounds, and/or adding a line-level attenuator before the amp (assuming the amp does not have a volume control).

Old 10-17-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
It is hard to say what you mean by "soundstage isn't very open". To me that usually relates to speaker positioning and toe-in, not the EQ, unless room acoustics are causing issues. However, the gain seems a bit low, implying the amplifier is adding more gain than the AVR can compensate. Is -12 dB the lower limit? If so, it may be the balance is off. You could try not using the amp and seeing how it sounds, and/or adding a line-level attenuator before the amp (assuming the amp does not have a volume control).
HI, mean that when listen multi channel music the music has no body, very detailed but soundstage is around the columns.
I can attenuate the power amp, should i do it by -12db? Actualy is at 0db.

Kocl
Old 10-17-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

What is at 0 dB? And where are you going to put the attenuators?

Also, mic placement can make a big difference with any room correction software. The usual suggestion is to mount it on a stable tripod at ear level at the listening position. I use a boom microphone stand to accomplish that.

If you move back and forth a foot or two in front of and behind the listening position, does the soundstage improve?

Old 10-18-2014, 03:26 AM

Quote:
What is at 0 dB? And where are you going to put the attenuators?

Also, mic placement can make a big difference with any room correction software. The usual suggestion is to mount it on a stable tripod at ear level at the listening position. I use a boom microphone stand to accomplish that.

If you move back and forth a foot or two in front of and behind the listening position, does the soundstage improve?
I'm running the pioneer pre-out to a Pre-amp with fixed vol at 0db (851E) that goes to power amp.
What i mean is lower the fixed input to -12db.
I'll run later the mcacc setup again with a tripod.

Kocl
Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently bought a Pioneer SC2023 which has advanced MCACC. I'm probably a bit unusual in that I only want to drive 2 front (full range 35Hz-27khz) speakers. I don't have a sub or any other surround speakers. I'm coming from a hifi background where I had a pre/power amp and the same speakers.

After running Auto MCACC and then manually setting the speakers sizes etc I'm still left with a distinct lack of bass. It's as if I'm missing a slice of low frequencies. I've set the sw to off and the front speakers to large, but I am still 100% sure that I'm missing frequencies. For reference, I am listening to Richie Hawtin - EX (full album) as a test of the lower frequencies (I can't post links because I'm a newbie). It sounds fantastic (listen around 31min) on my old Nad amps with the same speakers (and on my grado/sony headphones).

I'm convinced I must be doing something wrong because there must be a way to get the full frequency response sent to the 2 front speakers. I've tried bi-amping too but that made no difference. I've run MCACC multiple times and whilst the mid/highs sound fantastic after doing so, the bass just isn't there. I've read through a lot (but not all!) of this thread and it seems like other people have suffered from the same issue but then have resolved it. However, they are using a sub.

My question: is it possible to use this amp with a 2.0 setup and get the full frequency range sent to the 2 front speakers? If that is actually happening and my speakers are getting the full range of frequencies then how would I go about "boosting" the bass so that I can actually hear/feel it? Thanks in advance.