"OFFICIAL" Pioneer MCACC thread - Page 195 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #5821 of 5837 Old 04-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The above description is incorrect about the subs getting full range. Here is how it works from my experience

Front large/sub yes/surround large
All frequencies to fronts/surround
Sub only gets the 0.1 of any audio below the xover

Front small/sub yes
Fronts/surrounds get all above xover
Sub gets all below xover for all channels

Front large/sub yes/surround small
Front is full range
Sub is 0.1 or anything below xover frequency for small speakers
Surround is anything above xover

Front large/sub plus/surround large
Front full range
Sub gets all below xover
Surrounds full range

The sub will never go above the cross over if one is set no matter if it's set to yes or plus

Hope that helps

P.s. Wish you could have different speaker settings on different mcacc profiles ensive:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5837 Old 04-26-2015, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Does anyone know the specifics of how MCACC Pro handles dual subs? Does it adjust delays between the two to get the best results? How does it EQ them? By MCACC Pro I mean what the sc-85 and above have. it seems a lot of people are calling MCACC Advanced something it is not (pro).

Pioneer Elite SC-63 | OPPO BDP-103D | PSA v1500 | SVS PB 12 NSD/v | SVS AS-EQ1 | GR Research A/V-3 | AV123 Surrounds | Epson 3020 | Dragonfly 120 Screen | APC H15BLK

Last edited by Blaine Morrissey; 04-26-2015 at 07:42 PM.
post #5823 of 5837 Old 04-26-2015, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
Does anyone know the specifics of how MCACC Pro handles dual subs? Does it adjust delays between the two to get the best results? How does it EQ them? By MCACC Pro I mean what the sc-85 and above have. it seems a lot of people are calling MCACC Advanced something it is not (pro).
I haven't come across many MCACC experts anywhere, unlike the depth of knowledge on Audyssey by comparison. I have a system with SC-LX88 that runs a ML Motion based system with 2 x ML Dynamo 1000's. The results are very good with MCACC. How exactly it handles EQ'ing and delay vs say Audyssey I couldn't be sure. The subs aren't positioned symmetrically in this system either, there still at left and right sides of the room, however one is tucked in next cabinet and the other under a staircase. If I was to compare to a Steinway system with twin subs (symmetrical under screen 4 ft apart), that I also own elsewhere, the quality of the MCACC results does not compare badly at all. So to me that's saying something of MCACC's ability to deal with dual subs. If you really need a technical answer, you may need to try emailing Pioneer directly about it perhaps.

post #5824 of 5837 Old 04-26-2015, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi There,

Need help as i bought pioneer VSX1123K AV receiver recently and when i try to set that up in my living room to the TV and to 5 in ceiling speakers. I was just following the instructions on quick setup and put HDMI cable out to out 1 on receiver and the input to one of the HDMIs on TV. selected receiver button and then home setup button to show MCACC on receiver but i don't see any thing getting displayed on TV and is keep on displaying no signal.
Initially i thought its a bad HDMI and i connected that HDMI to ROKU or BD player from TV and it detects it and shows on TV screen but when i connect the same HDMI to receiver i don't get anything.

I am new to receivers, please help. your help is much appreciated. TIA
post #5825 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I haven't come across many MCACC experts anywhere, unlike the depth of knowledge on Audyssey by comparison. I have a system with SC-LX88 that runs a ML Motion based system with 2 x ML Dynamo 1000's. The results are very good with MCACC. How exactly it handles EQ'ing and delay vs say Audyssey I couldn't be sure. The subs aren't positioned symmetrically in this system either, there still at left and right sides of the room, however one is tucked in next cabinet and the other under a staircase. If I was to compare to a Steinway system with twin subs (symmetrical under screen 4 ft apart), that I also own elsewhere, the quality of the MCACC results does not compare badly at all. So to me that's saying something of MCACC's ability to deal with dual subs. If you really need a technical answer, you may need to try emailing Pioneer directly about it perhaps.
Gotcha. If you read the MCACC Pro blurb on Pioneer's site it sounds pretty good. It is only on the SC-85 and up from what I can see. Main thing I would like to see when I upgrade from the SC-63 is the dual calibration. The SC-63 was labeled as 7.2 but in reality the .2 is really just a split .1, they are not independent. I found an SVS AS EQ1 to use for now. Here is MCACC Pro.....

Now, MCACC® (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration) is taken to a new level of performance with MCACC Pro. Designed by Pioneer for the Atmos-enabled Elite system, MCACC Pro calibrates sound output using a microphone to monitor the sound environment and an equalizer to optimize and precision-tune each speaker to the room. How advanced is MCACC Pro? So advanced that Pioneer engineers have included dual independent subwoofer outputs, each with individual EQ. Tailoring left- and right-channel low frequency response curves lets you achieve optimum subwoofer performance based on specific room placement, creating powerful bass response and seamless integration with your main speaker system. With the push of a button, it’s like having a professional acoustical engineer fine-tune your home theater system.

Pioneer Elite SC-63 | OPPO BDP-103D | PSA v1500 | SVS PB 12 NSD/v | SVS AS-EQ1 | GR Research A/V-3 | AV123 Surrounds | Epson 3020 | Dragonfly 120 Screen | APC H15BLK
post #5826 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Looks like the Vsx1130 vsx90 have the dual sub calibrations. Also on one of those two product pages there is a pamphlet explaining the different versions of MCACC
post #5827 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Looks like the Vsx1130 vsx90 have the dual sub calibrations. Also on one of those two product pages there is a pamphlet explaining the different versions of MCACC
I prefer the amps in the SC series personally. I will check out th eproduct pages...if it's what I have seen in the past it didn't get into much detail.

post #5828 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Ok, I just watched a video from the web site. It independently EQ's both subwoofers and adjusts phase between ALL channels..so I would assume it adjusts the two subs for the ideal sound. Now I want to switch to something with MCACC Pro

post #5829 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 11:06 AM

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep..._Ref_Guide.pdf

There is the brochure.

I am waiting for news of dts:x and new SC models.
post #5830 of 5837 Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep..._Ref_Guide.pdf

There is the brochure.

I am waiting for news of dts:x and new SC models.
Good find. I never really went searching for in depth data on MCACC Pro. Interesting read.

post #5831 of 5837 Old 04-28-2015, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question:

For some strange reason mcacc always thinks my front speakers are out of phase with the center + rears.

Amp: Pioneer Elite SC LX87
Fronts: Wharfedale Jade 7 - 4 way - 1" tweeter / 3" mid / 6.5" mid woofer / 2x 8" woofers
Center: Wharfedale Jade 2c - 3 way - 1" tweeter / 3" mid / 2x 5.25" woofers
Rear: Wharfedale Jade 5 - 3 way - 1" tweeter / 3" mid / 2x6.5" woofer

Do you think my speakers might be wired wrong internally?
I have checked all my wiring and there are definitely no mistakes there.
I've tried repositioning the speakers and mic, and it always thinks my Jade 7s are out of phase with my Jade 5/2c.

HTPC (MediaPortal) / Pioneer SC LX87 / Wharfedale Jade 7 Fronts, 5 Rears, 2c Center / DIY Sub

Last edited by kiwijunglist; 04-28-2015 at 02:56 AM.
post #5832 of 5837 Old 04-28-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Anything's possible but in most cases distance/reflections cause the signal to be inverted when measured. MCACC will correct it so I would ignore it (as the manual says) and move on.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #5833 of 5837 Old 04-28-2015, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijunglist View Post
Question:

For some strange reason mcacc always thinks my front speakers are out of phase with the center + rears.

Fronts: Wharfedale Jade 7 - 4 way - 1" tweeter / 3" mid / 6.5" mid woofer / 2x 8" woofers

I've tried repositioning the speakers and mic, and it always thinks my Jade 7s are out of phase with my Jade 5/2c.
If you have rear-ported speakers, my guess would be reflections off your wall. As mentioned by the previous post, you can probably ignore the out of phase warning and mcacc will do its best. Ideally, if that is happening, I would think you would want to move them further out from the wall or put some absorption behind them.

Bill
post #5834 of 5837 Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Not rear ported. I might try attach a small battery to the speakers and see which direction the cone moves.

If mcacc thinks the polarity is reversed does it reverse the signal or does it add delay?

HTPC (MediaPortal) / Pioneer SC LX87 / Wharfedale Jade 7 Fronts, 5 Rears, 2c Center / DIY Sub
post #5835 of 5837 Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Question:

I've seen this happen reasonably often, despite there being no physical phase issue present. I can't recall, but I may have even happened last time ran MCACC with the Martin Logan Motion 7.2 system I've got hooked up to my Pioneer LX88. It's relatively common in other RC systems as well. I used to get it with a Revel centre in another room and system whenever I ran various Audyssey equipped processors to set up the room. However, that issue didn't manifest with RoomPerfect RC in that same configuration. So def as recommended tell it to ignore the anomaly.

post #5836 of 5837 Old Today, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Not rear ported. I might try attach a small battery to the speakers and see which direction the cone moves.

If mcacc thinks the polarity is reversed does it reverse the signal or does it add delay?
Here's my $.02:

Don't waste your time.

Moving your mic location slightly might make it go away, it did for me on a speaker that was coming back as "out of phase". (This meant to me that the in and out of phase signals' energy at my listening position were roughly the same. Not sure if MCACC can completely correct this situation.) Also, it means that mine and your speakers may not be placed optimally in the room for the MLP, due to reflections.

I think the warning is there to remind the user to use due diligence and verify the wiring before it continues measuring. I think you have done that.

Go ahead and let MCACC do it's thing. My understanding is that if it detects that the out of phase signal is predominant in a frequency range it will adjust the phase of the speaker(s) signal (more of a fine tuning is possible than just flipping the polarity of a speaker or individual driver). So, it will likely be successful in its goal.

Sean

Last edited by Sean_S; Today at 06:25 AM.
post #5837 of 5837 Old Today, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it would reverse the signal. You still have a positive and negative connection to the speaker and I don't think MCACC has anything to do with switching the physical outputs. I would think it just does volume correction, time delay and some EQ.

FYI ... this warning also did happen to me in the past and I did double-check all wiring and it was correct. Then I ran it again and the warning didn't appear. Before I ran it the second time I turned up the volume knob, but not sure if your volume setting is used or not when you run the MCACC calibration (seems like it shouldn't be).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors