"OFFICIAL" Pioneer MCACC thread - Page 197 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 44Likes
post #5881 of 5884 Unread 09-01-2015, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just realized that I might of been doing the calibrations with the mic at the wrong height. I've been placing the mic at ear level. However, the back of my couch is higher than ear level. Should I raise the mic higher so it's above the back of my couch and rerun MCACC?

Epson 5025ub Projector
Pioneer VSX-1123-K Receiver
SVS Prime Towers Front Left/Right
SVS Prime Center
Polk Audio TSI 100 Side/Rear Surrounds
Bic F12 Subwoofer x 3 (next upgrade)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5884 Unread 09-01-2015, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
I just realized that I might of been doing the calibrations with the mic at the wrong height. I've been placing the mic at ear level. However, the back of my couch is higher than ear level. Should I raise the mic higher so it's above the back of my couch and rerun MCACC?
If I were you definitely re-run it in the case of a hi-back couch. Otherwise you're creating a physical sound barrier for your surrounds which will skew your measurements.

post #5883 of 5884 Unread 09-01-2015, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
If I were you definitely re-run it in the case of a hi-back couch. Otherwise you're creating a physical sound barrier for your surrounds which will skew your measurements.
I re-ran it and it sounds better. I was a little worried about the mic being higher than ear level, but I reprogrammed the speaker distances. Each speaker was exactly three inches off, but the subwoofer was exactly the same. I also took the three standing waves measurements a couple feet spread apart. It sounded a little hollow before if that makes sense. Anyways I'm happy with the results and think I'm done with MCACC until I get an external amp.
OzHDHT likes this.

Epson 5025ub Projector
Pioneer VSX-1123-K Receiver
SVS Prime Towers Front Left/Right
SVS Prime Center
Polk Audio TSI 100 Side/Rear Surrounds
Bic F12 Subwoofer x 3 (next upgrade)
post #5884 of 5884 Unread 09-01-2015, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
I re-ran it and it sounds better. I was a little worried about the mic being higher than ear level, but I reprogrammed the speaker distances. Each speaker was exactly three inches off, but the subwoofer was exactly the same. I also took the three standing waves measurements a couple feet spread apart. It sounded a little hollow before if that makes sense. Anyways I'm happy with the results and think I'm done with MCACC until I get an external amp.
Good to hear. Nothing wrong with manually sorting the speaker distances, I always double check the auto measurements with any RC system. Within 3" won't result in much audible difference in delay setting though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors