"OFFICIAL" Pioneer MCACC thread - Page 207 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #6181 of 6204 Old 07-15-2016, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I want a separate MCACC memory for Front Height so I can run it multiple times and see if one EQ run differs from another. If not, I know its consistent and i'll be happy.

This is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I am beginning to suspect that my receiver is not capable of storing MCACC EQs in separate memories because I do not see any screen within the AVR menu that shows me memory presets 1-6 or anything like that. All I have is Auto MCACC (which I understand what it is doing and how it works). I just want to know how, if it exists at all, I access the menu where the memory locations are visible.
I understand now, I was concerned when I went from 5.1 to 7.1 that I would lose that wonderful sound.

Nope mcacc shines for me. VERY consistant under similar conditions.

There should be several choices in the gui for mcacc data management.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6204 Old 07-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Wow, now I really understand.

Just L@@ked thru the manual fir you AVR.

I didn't see anything about mcacc memory presets either?.

I also don't understand why the manual tells you to run mcacc twice.

Once with surround backs, then again with heights. Changing the speaker system selection setting each time.

When I 1st read your intial post I thought you might be confused.

But I now am VERY CONFUSED.

I sure someone will be along shortly to esplain all this.
citsur86 likes this.
post #6183 of 6204 Old 07-15-2016, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
Wow, now I really understand.

Just L@@ked thru the manual fir you AVR.

I didn't see anything about mcacc memory presets either?.

I also don't understand why the manual tells you to run mcacc twice.

Once with surround backs, then again with heights. Changing the speaker system selection setting each time.

When I 1st read your intial post I thought you might be confused.

But I now am VERY CONFUSED.

I sure someone will be along shortly to esplain all this.

Haha yeah I'm also very confused lol

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
===========================================
Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44
Fronts: B&W 684 S1 — Center: B&W CM Center S2
Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rhythmic FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #6184 of 6204 Old 07-15-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Haha yeah I'm also very confused lol
I think there is a concern between the online manual and the pdf file manual.

Unfortunitly, i have 3% battery left.

On the online version. Ifound were it states to switch between speaker a/b to choose between SB/FH during playback?. Huh

Also states else where that it will automagically switch between SB/FH depending on the input source signal?. Huh, ok that would be kool.

There are things stated one way. Then totally opposite on other pages.

When you select the speaker system. Normal SB/FH

When You perform the auto mcacc. Does it intially identify with test tones all your speakers. Including front height and surround back.

When playing a input source signal of 7.1 and you choose a dsp mode of dolby plIIz. Do you hear sounds coming from your FH speakers.

If you choose a dsp mode of direct auto same input signal source. Do you now hear sound from the rear surrounds.

Good luck, 1 percent left hope post makes it thru.
post #6185 of 6204 Old 07-15-2016, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
I think there is a concern between the online manual and the pdf file manual.

Unfortunitly, i have 3% battery left.

On the online version. Ifound were it states to switch between speaker a/b to choose between SB/FH during playback?. Huh

Also states else where that it will automagically switch between SB/FH depending on the input source signal?. Huh, ok that would be kool.

There are things stated one way. Then totally opposite on other pages.

When you select the speaker system. Normal SB/FH

When You perform the auto mcacc. Does it intially identify with test tones all your speakers. Including front height and surround back.

When playing a input source signal of 7.1 and you choose a dsp mode of dolby plIIz. Do you hear sounds coming from your FH speakers.

If you choose a dsp mode of direct auto same input signal source. Do you now hear sound from the rear surrounds.

Good luck, 1 percent left hope post makes it thru.

Thx for the reply. I just tested this all out. So if I set speaker system to heights, it will play the front height speakers in addition to the normal 5.1 during MCACC. Then if I change speaker system to surround backs and redo the MCACC, It will play test tones for the normal 5.1 plus the surround backs and calibrate off of that. What's super weird to me is that the manual says if you have both hooked up you can just run MCACC both ways one after the other so there's no need to run MCACC when changing the speaker system between heights and Surrounds. Ok cool. Except it doesn't work! After running it 2 times in a row for both speaker systems, I go and change the speaker system from surround backs to heights and all the speaker settings are still set to the MCACC calibration for the Surround back speakers. The MCACC results when I have surround back speaker system are WAY different than when I have front heights due to the front heights being much bigger/better speakers than the surround backs. But when I switch to heights from surround back speaker system after have just ran it for both, it doesn't switch speaker EQ back to how it was when I ran with heights enabled. It just keeps the surround back settings. I'm so lost.

post #6186 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 853
I'm confused a little....
I just picked up a new VSX-1131 which is the 2016 model if the 1130 which has MCACC Pro. My 1131 does not. Even the 3 new Elite models for 2016 doesn't have MCACC Pro. Anyone have any insight on this? You can see the specs on Pioneers site and all the new 2016 models are exactly the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings.
Vizio P75-C1 (fw-2.0.13.13), Pioneer Kuro 5020
Pioneer VSX-1131
XBox One
TiVo Roamio OTA, TiVo Mini, Antennas Direct DB4e w/Dipole OTA antenna
post #6187 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I'm confused a little....
I just picked up a new VSX-1131 which is the 2016 model if the 1130 which has MCACC Pro. My 1131 does not. Even the 3 new Elite models for 2016 doesn't have MCACC Pro. Anyone have any insight on this? You can see the specs on Pioneers site and all the new 2016 models are exactly the same.
I believe only the SC model line have PRO.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #6188 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
I believe only the SC model line have PRO.

The new SC-LX05 shows the same spec as mine.
Like I said though, even last year's 1130 model had pro.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pioneer VSX-1131
XBox One
post #6189 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The new SC-LX05 shows the same spec as mine.
Like I said though, even last year's 1130 model had pro.

Moving forward Pioneer possibly is only going to incorporate pro on the SC line this time.

post #6190 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Moving forward Pioneer possibly is only going to incorporate pro on the SC line this time.

You just quoted where I stated the "SC" model SC-LX05 shows that it only has the standard MCACC.

I would think the top Pionner non-elite model would have at least Advanced MCACC.

Pioneer VSX-1131
XBox One
post #6191 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You just quoted where I stated the "SC" model SC-LX05 shows that it only has the standard MCACC.

I would think the top Pionner non-elite model would have at least Advanced MCACC.
I meant that possibly this time around only the high end SC elite have pro. Call Pioneer

post #6192 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I meant that possibly this time around only the high end SC elite have pro. Call Pioneer

That's too bad that they are pulling features. I'll have to contact them. Is there any other way to manually put out pink noise and read it with a PC to help me make the adjustments instead of by ear?

Pioneer VSX-1131
XBox One
post #6193 of 6204 Old 07-16-2016, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
PIONEER MCACC microphone

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement MCACC microphone. I have a VSX-01THX.
post #6194 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I find this menu
Along with the manual saying it does auto eq.... It makes a huge difference when i toggle it. Looks like they are just changing it up. All the menus are different too.

Pioneer VSX-1131
XBox One
post #6195 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvemo View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement MCACC microphone. I have a VSX-01THX.
Pioneer ---------> parts
post #6196 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Is there any guide for troubleshooting MCACC errors during testing? I just upgraded to a brand new set of EMP Tek R5Bi's connected to my Pioneer VSX-521-K, and I cannot get MCACC to properly register with these new speakers. I just get this "ERR FCH" (assuming: Error Front Channel, but specific details sure would be helpful) to display on the front of the AVR.

I had gotten MCACC to work, previously, with this same AVR in this same exact room, using a real entry-level set of Polk RM-6750's (HTIB). MCACC had decided to set the Sub to -14 for those speakers.

My next upgrade is to get a new Rythmik FV15HP sub to go with those EMP Tek speakers, but before I spend any more money I sure would like to nail down exactly why I can't get a proper room calibration to work anymore...

I'm waiting for when the HVAC isn't running (background noise) to start the test, I have the mic elevated to *almost* ear/listening level... I have the speakers toed in a little. And I've used a 15' extension cable to get from the AVR all the way to primary seat (through a wall), but I also tried to do it WITHOUT the extension cable, and toed the speakers in REAL hard to point at the mic, just to try to get the test to work (even if it's for the wrong listening area... just to show a successful test and result).

My Fronts are about 11 feet or so apart... the speakers are 18 inches from the back wall. The main listening area is a couch 11-12' from the front wall, with a wall directly behind the couch. The room is quite long, left-to-right, about 44 feet wide... but I was able to get MCACC to properly read and calibrate with my older/smaller/cheaper speakers in this exact room, with this exact AVR...

Any help would be appreciated.
post #6197 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Is there any guide for troubleshooting MCACC errors during testing? I just upgraded to a brand new set of EMP Tek R5Bi's connected to my Pioneer VSX-521-K, and I cannot get MCACC to properly register with these new speakers. I just get this "ERR FCH" (assuming: Error Front Channel, but specific details sure would be helpful) to display on the front of the AVR.

I had gotten MCACC to work, previously, with this same AVR in this same exact room, using a real entry-level set of Polk RM-6750's (HTIB). MCACC had decided to set the Sub to -14 for those speakers.

My next upgrade is to get a new Rythmik FV15HP sub to go with those EMP Tek speakers, but before I spend any more money I sure would like to nail down exactly why I can't get a proper room calibration to work anymore...

I'm waiting for when the HVAC isn't running (background noise) to start the test, I have the mic elevated to *almost* ear/listening level... I have the speakers toed in a little. And I've used a 15' extension cable to get from the AVR all the way to primary seat (through a wall), but I also tried to do it WITHOUT the extension cable, and toed the speakers in REAL hard to point at the mic, just to try to get the test to work (even if it's for the wrong listening area... just to show a successful test and result).

My Fronts are about 11 feet or so apart... the speakers are 18 inches from the back wall. The main listening area is a couch 11-12' from the front wall, with a wall directly behind the couch. The room is quite long, left-to-right, about 44 feet wide... but I was able to get MCACC to properly read and calibrate with my older/smaller/cheaper speakers in this exact room, with this exact AVR...

Have you tried turning off tv and lights while running it. They can emit noises we can't hear but the mic can.

post #6198 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Have you tried turning off tv and lights while running it. They can emit noises we can't hear but the mic can.
Good comment.

The TV hasn't been on when I've been running this test... but I can't say for certain regarding the lights. I will be sure to confirm that when I retry!

Thanks for the idea.
post #6199 of 6204 Old 07-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post

L@@k in the manual, most error codes are listed.

Verify your speaker cable connections for your front height speakers. Both at the AVR and the speaker.

Make sure you have a good tight connection and that none of the speaker wire strands are in contact with anything other than the terminal. If too long trim them. Best to use bananna plugs with heat shrink over them.

Rerun mcacc

Best to run mcacc with tv on. As it will display additional information.

Last edited by LNEWoLF; 07-18-2016 at 02:31 PM.
post #6200 of 6204 Old 08-27-2016, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, anyone with a VSX-823 K receiver?
I have 2 really simple question regarding MCACC on this model (as the tips in the OP do not apply for my receiver).

- EQ on or off?

And

- Should I leave the crossover at 100Hz even though my weakest speaker can handle down to 55Hz (supposedly. but even if it can't, I'm sure it handles more than 100Hz?) no matter what I do, MCACC ALWAYS sets the crossover to 100Hz. Even with different speakers. Is that the perma-default for MCACC or something?
Reason I ask in conjunction with my EQ inquiry is because I would guess that EQ takes into account the crossover setting when equalizing? So changing it AFTER the fact (and not having a way to run MCACC custom/keeping SP settings) might mess with the EQ?
I have the Andrew Jones SP-PK52FS speaker system, if that makes any difference.
Thanks!

And I really hope someone can shed a light on these 2 issues that have been bugging me since I bought the receiver a couple of years ago...
post #6201 of 6204 Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideskroll View Post
I have 2 really simple question regarding MCACC on this model (as the tips in the OP do not apply for my receiver).

- EQ on or off?

And

- Should I leave the crossover at 100Hz even though my weakest speaker can handle down to 55Hz (supposedly. but even if it can't, I'm sure it handles more than 100Hz?) no matter what I do, MCACC ALWAYS sets the crossover to 100Hz. Even with different speakers. Is that the perma-default for MCACC or something?
Reason I ask in conjunction with my EQ inquiry is because I would guess that EQ takes into account the crossover setting when equalizing? So changing it AFTER the fact (and not having a way to run MCACC custom/keeping SP settings) might mess with the EQ?
Thanks!

And I really hope someone can shed a light on these 2 issues that have been bugging me since I bought the receiver a couple of years ago...
I turn my eq off on my sc97
Be curious also of other opinions
sideskroll likes this.
post #6202 of 6204 Old 08-28-2016, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hello! I have no idé about how to tweak and make my unit SC-95 sound the best in my room. Can someone give me some guidens or point me to anywhere where I can read about it. I really like this reciever but I think it sounds a little to low, like from the subs and center.

If someone could help me or maybe tell me some settings that could make it even better I would be really happy!

I'm atm using a 7.2-setup in a aparment. I have done some absorbent for first reflections and behind the speakers. The walls are concreat. Thanks!

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
post #6203 of 6204 Old Today, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideskroll View Post

- EQ on or off?

And

Thanks!

-Bump- (sorry if it's against the rules...)
post #6204 of 6204 Old Today, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 114
IMO EQ should always be on. If you've never used it before, I strongly recommend running the calibration and then not touching it at all for at least two weeks. In my case, I didn't like the sound I heard at first, but then as time passed I noticed more detail, better imaging, and more accurate balance. It's free, so why not?

Crossover: it's your call, but again I'd let the system do all the thinking and then sit with the results for a couple of weeks. THEN you can tinker with it.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors