"OFFICIAL" Pioneer MCACC thread - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 104Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #6301 of 6328 Old 03-04-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
is Bi-Amping for when you have an external amp ?

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6302 of 6328 Old 03-04-2017, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
is Bi-Amping for when you have an external amp ?
No. Bi-amping is for speakers that are designed to be bi-amped. These speakers will have more than one set of speaker terminals. It allows the tweeter(s) and woofer(s) of each speaker to be powered by separate amplifiers.

Why bi-amp your speakers?
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6303 of 6328 Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Member
 
Urmomdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 AVR. I'm wanting to go to two subs and just read on another comment that it doesn't recognize two subs when running the MCAAC.. is this correct? Is that a good thing or bad thing? Should I run dual subs with this AVR? Also, it always sets the crossover back to 150hz. Is there no way to set each groups crossover separately? That seems to be a negative on Pioneer AVRs.
While it has dual outs, it still sends the same signal to both and does not measure them separately. I have double subs with the Vsx-90.
Urmomdotcom is offline  
 
post #6304 of 6328 Old 03-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
 
oldsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Citrus Hts., CA
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmomdotcom View Post
While it has dual outs, it still sends the same signal to both and does not measure them separately. I have double subs with the Vsx-90.
There is no way to separately set the crossover levels independently. Some receivers have that feature but not the Pioneers.

4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer SC-95 7.1.4 Atmos, Hsu HB-1, HC-1 speakers, Elac A-4 Dolby enabled speakers, Hsu VTF-2 sub, Roku Ultra, Dish Network Joey, Monoprice certified HDMI cables
oldsteve is offline  
post #6305 of 6328 Old 03-05-2017, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
No. Bi-amping is for speakers that are designed to be bi-amped. These speakers will have more than one set of speaker terminals. It allows the tweeter(s) and woofer(s) of each speaker to be powered by separate amplifiers.
yeah, i know that. but does that mean my vsx-01txh can bi-amp ?

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6306 of 6328 Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
yeah, i know that. but does that mean my vsx-01txh can bi-amp ?
Yes, your VSX-01TXH has the option of utilizing the amps that normally power the surround back channels to bi-amplify the front left and right speakers instead.

See "Surround back speaker setting" on page 41 Bi-amping your front speakers on page 60 in your owner's manual.

If your question is whether you could set the "Surround back speaker setting" to bi-amplifly the front speakers, and then use an external power amp connected to the SURROUND BACK PRE OUT jacks to power back surround speakers, this does not appear to be possible. The manual (page 61) states in reference to the PRE-OUT jacks that "The sound from the surround back terminals will depend on how you have configured the Surround back speaker setting on page 41."

In other words, it appears that utilizing the bi-amp capability limits the system to 5.1 channel (precluding the use of surround back speakers).
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6307 of 6328 Old 03-05-2017, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
thanx. but no, i don't want to bi-amp.

when i was setting up mcacc, the speaker settings. i only run 5.1, "bi-amp" was the only selection that showed just 5 speakers.

so, when running 5.1, what speaker setting should i use ?

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6308 of 6328 Old 03-06-2017, 04:54 AM
Member
 
flamjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm new to MCACC. I have an sc95 and have just taken delivery of 2 subs. Does MCACC equalise the subs to low frequencies?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flamjam is online now  
post #6309 of 6328 Old 03-07-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
thanx. but no, i don't want to bi-amp.

when i was setting up mcacc, the speaker settings. i only run 5.1, "bi-amp" was the only selection that showed just 5 speakers.

so, when running 5.1, what speaker setting should i use ?
I would set the Surround back speaker setting to Normal (pg 41), and then make sure the speaker setting for SB is set to NO, as described on page 48.
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6310 of 6328 Old 03-07-2017, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamjam View Post
I'm new to MCACC. I have an sc95 and have just taken delivery of 2 subs. Does MCACC equalise the subs to low frequencies?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"MCACC Pro is so advanced that it includes dual independent subwoofer EQ. Tailoring left and right-channel low frequency response curves lets you achieve optimum subwoofer performance, creating powerful bass response and seamless integration with your main speaker system."
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6311 of 6328 Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
I would set the Surround back speaker setting to Normal (pg 41), and then make sure the speaker setting for SB is set to NO, as described on page 48.
thanx. i will do that.

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6312 of 6328 Old 03-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello!

I did a new calibration yesterday and got completely different readings between them. Take my tops for exemple, I like the sound, but the details or sound are not as high, or how I should describe it, as before the calibration.

I saw A-team after the calibration, and when I switched between them, I could here more sounds from them with the before calibration. They have the same level and distance as before.

Here are two pictures with both calibrations. Could someone see why this is and if possible, which one of does who are the "better" one soundwise and details.



westbergjoakim is offline  
post #6313 of 6328 Old 03-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
wackid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
Hello!

I did a new calibration yesterday and got completely different readings between them. Take my tops for exemple, I like the sound, but the details or sound are not as high, or how I should describe it, as before the calibration.

I saw A-team after the calibration, and when I switched between them, I could here more sounds from them with the before calibration. They have the same level and distance as before.

Here are two pictures with both calibrations. Could someone see why this is and if possible, which one of does who are the "better" one soundwise and details.



Just crank up the 1khz region to your liking. It's very low...
Take a track you listen a lot and know how it must sound. .... And adjust according to yout liking.

Panasonic TX-P65VTW60 | Panasonic DMP-BDT500 | Asus Chromebox OpenELEC triple boot | Pioneer SC-LX89 | 6 X Monitor Audio Apex 10 | Canton Chrono SL 590 black | Klipsch R-115W | BK Sub XXLS400 | Zalman HTPC | Harmony Ultimate
wackid is offline  
post #6314 of 6328 Old 03-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackid View Post
Just crank up the 1khz region to your liking. It's very low...
Take a track you listen a lot and know how it must sound. .... And adjust according to yout liking.
Thanks! Present 6 is the new calibration where I like the sound better, but it's less details or I can't hear them as good as in present 5.

Does 250hz and trim have anything to do with that? Where in hz are voices and something like planes and explosions?

Update; or which of those are most important and the ones I should bump to get a more detailed sound from/to movies?

I bumped with 5 dB on both 250hz and 1kHz. What do you think? Anything else that you think I should change?

Last edited by westbergjoakim; 03-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #6315 of 6328 Old 03-11-2017, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
I would set the Surround back speaker setting to Normal (pg 41), and then make sure the speaker setting for SB is set to NO, as described on page 48.
ok, i did that last night = what a difference.

but i feel like a knucklehead, as, once i had looked at the settings, it came back to me.

THANX

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6316 of 6328 Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
nuther question

mic aiming. i know "where' the mic should be placed. but, should it "aim" up or straight forward (at the screen) ?

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6317 of 6328 Old 03-11-2017, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
ok, i did that last night = what a difference.

THANX
I'm glad it helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
nuther question

mic aiming. i know "where' the mic should be placed. but, should it "aim" up or straight forward (at the screen) ?
I never have seen anything confirming it, but based on the design of the microphone I go with aiming it straight up. The threaded hole in the bottom is designed for mounting on a tripod which would be consistent with the body sitting horizontally and the mic opening at the top. I think aiming it directly toward the front speakers might result in it not picking up the surround speakers well, and then over boosting them with possibly some weird equalization to compensate.

My front speakers are a little lower than sitting ear level, and tilted upward to compensate, so I use the adjustment on my tripod to tilt the microphone down slightly toward the front of the room, with my idea being to keep any of the speakers from being below the horizontal plane of the microphone, and particularly the left and right mains.
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6318 of 6328 Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
ok. sounds good.

my sides are just fine. but i do turn the center down a tick or 2. while i believe it is leveled correctly, i like it just a lil lower.

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6319 of 6328 Old 03-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Newbie
 
Erdinger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
nuther question

mic aiming. i know "where' the mic should be placed. but, should it "aim" up or straight forward (at the screen) ?
Point the mic upwards, preferably on a tripod. Don't put it on a cushion or similar.
Erdinger34 is offline  
post #6320 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
ok, another qusetion.

was watching the ACCOUNTANT last night (good movie). setup, i left the BR player to run 7.1 DTS, and the audio sounded a little muted. about 45 mins in i restarted the movie and switched over to 5.1 DTS.

the audio really picked up. and i am not talking just the surrounds, but everything. the subs ever picked up a lot.

so, whats up with that ? i could see it messsing with the surrounds. but it messed with the soundtrack.
i don't get it.

now i have to check every movie setup.

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6321 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
oh. i don't have rears = 5.2 for me.

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6322 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Larry Rosenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
ok, another qusetion.

was watching the ACCOUNTANT last night (good movie). setup, i left the BR player to run 7.1 DTS, and the audio sounded a little muted. about 45 mins in i restarted the movie and switched over to 5.1 DTS.

the audio really picked up. and i am not talking just the surrounds, but everything. the subs ever picked up a lot.

so, whats up with that ? i could see it messsing with the surrounds. but it messed with the soundtrack.
i don't get it.

now i have to check every movie setup.
I've found that this is sometimes the case. My 5.1 den sound bar setup will sometimes provide a better surround sound experience than my Pioneer 7.1.4 system. It can be a bit puzzling, if not frustrating. One solution I sometimes employ is to put the Pioneer into "Auto Surround." That will result in a 5.1 source being played in 5.1, etc. (But a 7.1 DTS would still be played back in 7.1.) You can also set the Pioneer to "Direct" or "Pure Direct." The point of these settings is to play back your soundtrack with a minimum - or even complete absence - of any additional processing. I have found that on occasion this indeed will bring the soundtrack to life. Check it out, but of course, your mileage may vary.

Living Room: 2016 Samsung UN65KS9800
2016 Samsung UBD-K8500 4K HDR Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player (x2, second in Den)
2016 Pioneer SC-LX701AVR/AMP 100VS-Dolby Atmos 7.1.4
Den: 2014/15 Samsung UN65HU9000/SEK 3500 UHD TV
2016 Samsung 5.1 Channel HW-K550/SWA8000S Soundbar
Bedroom: 2016 Samsung UN49KS8000 SHUD TV; 2016 Samsung 2.1 Channel HW-K450 Soundbar
Larry Rosenberg is online now  
post #6323 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Rosenberg View Post
You can also set the Pioneer to "Direct" or "Pure Direct." The point of these settings is to play back your soundtrack with a minimum - or even complete absence - of any additional processing. I have found that on occasion this indeed will bring the soundtrack to life. Check it out, but of course, your mileage may vary.
ok. if i set to direct or pure direct, this still plays DTS or whatever is on the BR ? but just no room correction. correct ?

thanx for you reply

btw, i have an 01txh

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6324 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
Larry Rosenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
ok. if i set to direct or pure direct, this still plays DTS or whatever is on the BR ? but just no room correction. correct ?

thanx for you reply

btw, i have an 01txh
From the SC-LX701 advanced manual: "AUTO/DIRECT button
Press repeatedly and the listening modes suited to the input signal are switched between "Auto Surround", "Direct", and "Pure Direct". After selecting one of them, "Auto Surround" (or "Direct" or "Pure Direct") is displayed, then the most suitable listening mode for the audio format is selected automatically (Dolby Digital for multi-channel input signals, Stereo for 2 channel input signals, etc.) and an indicator such as "Dolby D" is displayed on the display.
44290.png

The "Direct" mode shuts down some processing that can affect sound quality, such as the tone control features, so you can enjoy even better sound quality. The "Pure Direct" mode shuts down even more processes that affects sound quality, so you get a more faithful reproduction of the original sound. In this case, the speaker calibration made with MCACC is invalid."
http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/ma...dv/en/013.html

Living Room: 2016 Samsung UN65KS9800
2016 Samsung UBD-K8500 4K HDR Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player (x2, second in Den)
2016 Pioneer SC-LX701AVR/AMP 100VS-Dolby Atmos 7.1.4
Den: 2014/15 Samsung UN65HU9000/SEK 3500 UHD TV
2016 Samsung 5.1 Channel HW-K550/SWA8000S Soundbar
Bedroom: 2016 Samsung UN49KS8000 SHUD TV; 2016 Samsung 2.1 Channel HW-K450 Soundbar
Larry Rosenberg is online now  
post #6325 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KC-Technerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Liberty, MO
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
ok. if i set to direct or pure direct, this still plays DTS or whatever is on the BR ? but just no room correction. correct ?

thanx for you reply

btw, i have an 01txh
Pure Direct bypasses all room correction. It basically takes whatever the input is, and runs it through the volume control and amplifier. There is no bass management with Pure Direct, meaning that ONLY the LFE channel (if there is one) goes to the subwoofer. When playing something like a CD, there will be nothing sent to the subwoofer.

Direct uses all the room correction criteria that was set up by MCACC and uses bass management. It just doesn't do any additional processing beyond that.
KC-Technerd is offline  
post #6326 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
ok guys, i will give it a try and see what happens. thanx

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
post #6327 of 6328 Old 03-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
NickTF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Today was the first time I got to stretch out the legs of the new to me sc-85 with the four 18" infinite baffle subwoofer setup I've had ten years now. Just wanted to say I was very impressed with what mcacc pro brought to the table so much so that my previous SMS-1 sub eq is up for sale. The processing seems to really work well for my setups!

29 Litres of Infinite Baffle Bliss. Oh, and the rest of the setup isn't too shabby either!
NickTF is offline  
post #6328 of 6328 Unread Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Rosenberg View Post
From the SC-LX701 advanced manual: "AUTO/DIRECT button
Press repeatedly and the listening modes suited to the input signal are switched between "Auto Surround", "Direct", and "Pure Direct". After selecting one of them, "Auto Surround" (or "Direct" or "Pure Direct") is displayed, then the most suitable listening mode for the audio format is selected automatically (Dolby Digital for multi-channel input signals, Stereo for 2 channel input signals, etc.) and an indicator such as "Dolby D" is displayed on the display.
44290.png

The "Direct" mode shuts down some processing that can affect sound quality, such as the tone control features, so you can enjoy even better sound quality. The "Pure Direct" mode shuts down even more processes that affects sound quality, so you get a more faithful reproduction of the original sound. In this case, the speaker calibration made with MCACC is invalid."
http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/ma...dv/en/013.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
Pure Direct bypasses all room correction. It basically takes whatever the input is, and runs it through the volume control and amplifier. There is no bass management with Pure Direct, meaning that ONLY the LFE channel (if there is one) goes to the subwoofer. When playing something like a CD, there will be nothing sent to the subwoofer.

Direct uses all the room correction criteria that was set up by MCACC and uses bass management. It just doesn't do any additional processing beyond that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
ok guys, i will give it a try and see what happens. thanx
ok, guys. i tried pure direct laast night. The Counselor was the feature.

FAANTASTIC was the result. i am going to do more experimenting.
but, for now, screw mcacc.

chasing rattles ......Pro8100 & Da-Lite HP 2.8 Cult member
Fabricator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off