8Likes

post #3571 of 3574 Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius View Post
I broke down and ordered a Parasound Zdac. It is due to be delivered this afternoon. I'll play around with it for a couple of days and report back.
I noticed your new acquisition and was wondering how it worked out for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3574 Old 07-19-2014, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
I noticed your new acquisition and was wondering how it worked out for you?
Thanks. Quite well, in fact. IMO, it's every bit as good as my ubered Bifrost PLUS it has XLR outs, which I plan to utilize at some point.

1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Emotiva XDA-2 > Emotiva Control Freak > Crown XLS2000 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000
2: Computer > Parasound Zdac > Emotiva Control Freak > Crown XLS1500 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | 2 Velodyne Subs
post #3573 of 3574 Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Wow, that's pretty good and I'd be interested in the Zdac but to my surprise I've recently moved in an analogue direction with a new turntable. With the P7 and A21 I'm really enjoying records!
post #3574 of 3574 Old Today, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
For all practical purposes, I have gone the separate route having just finished installing the Parasound A-21 2 Channel Amp with a Yamaha RX-V1030 AVR used as the pre-amp. The A-21 is driving my fronts while the RX-V1030 works all the other speakers. This is the second power amp I have had the pleasure of listening to. It has been over 35 years since I last had one. Back then it was the Yamaha M-65. What a great Amp it was. Does anyone remeber that? The Parasound sounds amazing and is a joy to listen to. It is a great performer all the way around. There is a real sense of "life" and energy to what I am listening to. To be sure, I am not motivated to perform all sorts of AB BA etc etc testing so I can't necessarily say with complete confidence that it is light years better than the Yamaha Rx-V1030. But I don't care. It is just a lot of fun to get back to audio fundamentals if I can use that expression. I opted for Parasound based upon their reputation, the quality and performance of their products. I was leaning toward Emotiva as you can't beat their prices but other than that, they just didn't wow me and Classe was out of my price range.

So is it worth going to separates? For me a big yes.
WAFWarrior likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page