Parasound Owners Thread - Page 121 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3601 of 3609 Old 07-30-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
THe only issue I have with Parasound is the heat they generate and for home cinema class D works great.

My second room is 12 x 13 x 9 and it get hot very fast with no AC in there!

Plus I would need an A31 and three A23, the heat would be like a radiator.
The A31 is not bad at all for heat load when running normal volumes - this was a major concern for me. The A23 has only a couple watts class A bias so even less. The A21 generates more heat than the A31 due to higher class A bias. Agree on class D for movies.

Last edited by jima4a; 07-30-2014 at 07:09 PM.
jima4a is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3602 of 3609 Old 07-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
audio4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 408
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
THe only issue I have with Parasound is the heat they generate and for home cinema class D works great.

My second room is 12 x 13 x 9 and it get hot very fast with no AC in there!

Plus I would need an A31 and three A23, the heat would be like a radiator.
IMHO, you don't need amps in a room that size anyway. I think for the most part, theater owners don't have heat problems which cause them to opt for class D. If the biggest issue one has is heat, then other priorities such as SQ may have to take a back seat.
audio4life is offline  
post #3603 of 3609 Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Hello guys, that do you think to have model 2125 ( not V.2) for klipsch RF-82II's. Now I'm using DenonX4000 for all 5 speakers I have. Looking for some extra amp to be on the end 9.2 set up. How is this amp sounds for movies?
Or any other recommendation for different amp?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #3604 of 3609 Old 08-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Member
 
WAFWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hello guys, that do you think to have model 2125 ( not V.2) for klipsch RF-82II's. Now I'm using DenonX4000 for all 5 speakers I have. Looking for some extra amp to be on the end 9.2 set up. How is this amp sounds for movies?
Or any other recommendation for different amp?
Any of the new classic amps would do just fine with this setup. The Klipsch are very efficient so you dont need much power to get them singing. Does this answer your question?

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
WAFWarrior is offline  
post #3605 of 3609 Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Member
 
macddmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Some smokin deals out there on A-21's and P5's
Pm me for details
Cheers, Mac
WAFWarrior likes this.
macddmac is offline  
post #3606 of 3609 Old 08-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dr_Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Has anyone tried to run 2 A21 amps in mono? Thoughts? I have a second one coming later this week.

Life is enjoyable with good quality
Dr_Mark is online now  
post #3607 of 3609 Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
mtn-tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I searched and didn't see any posts with this question - sorry if already answered. I was looking at Parasound's web site and noticed that all the amps in the "New Classic" line are now listed in the "Discontinued Products" page like this:

"NC Model 275 (2004-2014) "
"NC Model 2125 (2004-2014)"
"NC Model 2250 (2004-2014)"

But they are still on the "New Products" page as well - are they getting ready to discontinue this line?

2-Ch (HT L/R): Oppo BDP-105 BD, Adcom GFP-750 pre, Bryston 10B Sub Xover, Bryston 4BSST2, Paradigm Signature S4 v.2, (2) SVS SB12-NSD subs, AQ & Cardas XLR
Home Theater: Bryston 4BSST2 amp / Paradigm CC-590 (C), Outlaw 7700 amp / (4) Def Tech UIW-RSSII (LS/RS/LB/RB), Samsung 46” 3D LCD
mtn-tech is online now  
post #3608 of 3609 Old 08-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
audio4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 408
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Perhaps they are, maybe they are going to update the line?
audio4life is offline  
post #3609 of 3609 Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Member
 
WAFWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn-tech View Post
I searched and didn't see any posts with this question - sorry if already answered. I was looking at Parasound's web site and noticed that all the amps in the "New Classic" line are now listed in the "Discontinued Products" page like this:

"NC Model 275 (2004-2014) "
"NC Model 2125 (2004-2014)"
"NC Model 2250 (2004-2014)"

But they are still on the "New Products" page as well - are they getting ready to discontinue this line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
Perhaps they are, maybe they are going to update the line?
The NC models listed as discontinued are all Version 1. NC Version 2 models are listed under new models.

PM me for a complete description of the changes made for models with the V.2 designation.

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
WAFWarrior is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off