post #3631 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
Oh, you're going multi channel, for some reason I was assuming 2 channel! The SP3 is a different animal of course. I've got the P7 in a 2 channel set up, I can imagine it would not be suitable in your system.
Well, it was great multichannel with the Marantz UD9004, which had fantastic sound but was way too finicky. Plus the need for a second processor for digital inputs...

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Oh, you're going multi channel, for some reason I was assuming 2 channel! The SP3 is a different animal of course. I've got the P7 in a 2 channel set up, I can imagine it would not be suitable in your system.
I've got the P7 in my 2 channel stereo system, but I use the Home Theater Bypass so both my seperate Home Theater and Stereo systems can share the dual subwoofers. Works great.

With my 2 channel system, I particularly like the analog bass management/trim. And it contributes to great sound!

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #3633 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I've been very happy with the SQ of the p7. Phono sounds great too!
post #3634 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
I've been very happy with the SQ of the p7. Phono sounds great too!
I agree! I'm a big vinyl guy and also like the interal MM phono section of the P7. Haven't checked out the MC.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
post #3635 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I would give you a note of caution on Bryston's preamps. I've read some owners not impressed, and a few years ago I auditioned an all bryston 2 channel set up with Paradigm Studio 60's. I was unimpressed, but it may have partly been the music.

If you can, I'd suggest comparing the Bryston pre to the P7 before selling it.
I would second that caution. I sold my Bryston 9bst amp after comparing to an A51 both hooked up to a Paradigm Studios 100. The Bryston/Paradigm combo just didn't sound that great; although the bottom end was solid, the mids and highs were disappointing. With the A51, everything opened up.
post #3636 of 3645 Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeshanok View Post
I would second that caution. I sold my Bryston 9bst amp after comparing to an A51 both hooked up to a Paradigm Studios 100. The Bryston/Paradigm combo just didn't sound that great; although the bottom end was solid, the mids and highs were disappointing. With the A51, everything opened up.
Well, I'll have both in house, so I should be able to do a good comparison. Really don't expect to be disappointed in the Bryston, though I can return it through AA I'm pretty sure. I custom ordered blue LEDs to match my three other Bryston components, so that mat be a problem.

Can't say I'm worried about it, though.

Dave

post #3637 of 3645 Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
New A51 Owner

I just purchased a A51 from my local audio dealer to replace my Acrus amps that have run good for over 10 yrs. After attending a special event were they had two 400W mono block one for each speaker hook to some other parasound components my job drop at how it sounded. Two members from the company attended and had a good Q&A session and then let people play music thru the demo system. Initially I was looking at another vendor MC207 but after attending the event I have had time to reconsidered. Any feedback by A51 owners would be appreciated.
WAFWarrior likes this.
post #3638 of 3645 Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin View Post
I just purchased a A51 from my local audio dealer to replace my Acrus amps that have run good for over 10 yrs. After attending a special event were they had two 400W mono block one for each speaker hook to some other parasound components my job drop at how it sounded. Two members from the company attended and had a good Q&A session and then let people play music thru the demo system. Initially I was looking at another vendor MC207 but after attending the event I have had time to reconsidered. Any feedback by A51 owners would be appreciated.

The A51 is a fantastic amp that does exactly what an amp should do, amplify, drives difficult loads, has low intermodulation distortion, and sounds fantastic. The A51 does a great job driving my Revels.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #3639 of 3645 Old 09-22-2014, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Congratulations--You'll love your new A51.

Dave

post #3640 of 3645 Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Is the Parasound Halo A52 still for sale?

My humble Cinema
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3641 of 3645 Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Picked up my new A51 hooked it up and sat and listened to Music for 3hrs straight. I am glad that I made this change in my home system. Next update will be replacing my B&W CM9's with Diamond 803s. Not sure if I want to spend this kind of money. I went to a special event at my local Audio dealer where they had set up a demo of Goldenear Triton II I was very impressed and these speakers are a third of the price.
post #3642 of 3645 Old 09-28-2014, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Picked up my new A51 hooked it up and sat and listened to Music for 3hrs straight. I am glad that I made this change in my home system. Next update will be replacing my B&W CM9's with Diamond 803s. Not sure if I want to spend this kind of money. I went to a special event at my local Audio dealer where they had set up a demo of Goldenear Triton II I was very impressed and these speakers are a third of the price.
Congrats!

Perhaps your dealer will let you demo both at home as $$$ in your pocket is $$$ in your pocket
post #3643 of 3645 Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Is the Parasound Halo A52 still for sale?
As far as I know it is not. However, with ATMOS, etc. there will be a new demand for 4+ ceiling speaker amps so perhaps Parasound should reconsider bringing back the A52.
post #3644 of 3645 Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
As far as I know it is not. However, with ATMOS, etc. there will be a new demand for 4+ ceiling speaker amps so perhaps Parasound should reconsider bringing back the A52.

You don't need that much power so maybe an A43 but the Zonemaster 12 channel product that is bridgeable would be a good option.
Some customers may want the Halo looks though.

- Rich
Dave Vaughn and WAFWarrior like this.

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #3645 of 3645 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
You don't need that much power so maybe an A43 but the Zonemaster 12 channel product that is bridgeable would be a good option.
Some customers may want the Halo looks though.

- Rich
I agree. The Zamp Quattro to me is too underpowered so perhaps a New Classic version or as you suggest a new A43. However, the design exists for the A52 where the other options would need to be created.

Last edited by jima4a; Yesterday at 10:47 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page