Parasound Owners Thread - Page 127 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,845
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
I am planning to get Parasound Halo Amps for my 7.2.4 Atmos in my new HT, so i would really appreciate if you could suggest a good compo from Parasound.

my Triad speakers are as follow:
- 3 x Inwall Gold LCR (front speakers)
- 4 x Inwall Silver LCR (surround and rear speakers)
- 4 x InCeiling Bronze LCR (Heights)
- 2 x InRoom Gold Subs (with their own Rackamps)

planning also to get the following:
Cables: 12 AWG cl2/cl3 from monster for all the speakers + 13 x XLR for pre and & amp connections
Pre/Pro: Marantz AV7702.


I was thinking like: 1 x A31 for mains, & 2 x A51 for effect speakers. but not sure if this is good mix or not.


Appreciate any input
I would consider the following:
A31 for LCR's
A51 for side and back surrounds (one channel not used)
Two A23's for the four Atmos speakers.

Cheapest method, but most power connections would be:
A31 for LCR's
Four A23's for everything else.

Not quite as much power to the surround speakers, but it does have one advantage, if you lose an amp channel causing you to remove an amp, you have only lost two channels and not as expensive to replace. Anyway, if we can help you, give us a call.
RichB and hendry98 like this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Cheapest method, but most power connections would be:
A31 for LCR's
Four A23's for everything else.

Not quite as much power to the surround speakers, but it does have one advantage, if you lose an amp channel causing you to remove an amp, you have only lost two channels and not as expensive to replace. Anyway, if we can help you, give us a call.
Great, it seems A31 + A23s is the way to go then,,

Thanks for your feedback.
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-07-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dave Vaughn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 4,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 276
I use an A23 for my back surrounds and an A51 for my front speakers...the A23 will be perfectly fine for Atmos (and probably overkill). I actually contemplated getting the 12-channel Z-amp (The ZoneMaster Model 1250) from Parasound and bridging the channels into 6 zones and use 4 of them for Atmos and the other two for my backyard (or don't bridge the other 4 channels and put some speakers in my garage

http://www.gspr.com/parasound/zonemaster1250.html
WAFWarrior and hendry98 like this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
Dave Vaughn is offline  
Old 12-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
I use an A23 for my back surrounds and an A51 for my front speakers...the A23 will be perfectly fine for Atmos (and probably overkill). I actually contemplated getting the 12-channel Z-amp (The ZoneMaster Model 1250) from Parasound and bridging the channels into 6 zones and use 4 of them for Atmos and the other two for my backyard (or don't bridge the other 4 channels and put some speakers in my garage

http://www.gspr.com/parasound/zonemaster1250.html
Yeah I thought of getting A51 for the front and surround speakers, but I have heard A31 is kinda better than A51, so i decided to get A31 for the mains, and the remaining shall be A23s
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Yeah I thought of getting A51 for the front and surround speakers, but I have heard A31 is kinda better than A51, so i decided to get A31 for the mains, and the remaining shall be A23s
I know the A21 is a step above the A31/51 but that is the first I have heard a possible difference between the A31 and A51. What is that based on or where did you hear that?
jima4a is online now  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:36 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
I know the A21 is a step above the A31/51 but that is the first I have heard a possible difference between the A31 and A51. What is that based on or where did you hear that?
What i meant here is not the amp build or quality, what I meant here and i am not sure if it is quite true or not, is that the less channels amp is usually the better option.

this means A21 is better than A31. and then JC1 is even better than A21.

that's all,

and by the way, when you said A21 is a step above A31/51, this is for music only or even in movies?

because if it is even better in movies, would this be a better option for me (as i have not placed my order yet) : A21 for front L/R, A31 for Center & Side Surrounds, and then A23s for the remaining 6 rear and height speakers?

or just stick to A31 for mains, and A23s for the effect speakers!
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,031
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
What i meant here is not the amp build or quality, what I meant here and i am not sure if it is quite true or not, is that the less channels amp is usually the better option.

this means A21 is better than A31. and then JC1 is even better than A21.

that's all,

and by the way, when you said A21 is a step above A31/51, this is for music only or even in movies?

because if it is even better in movies, would this be a better option for me (as i have not placed my order yet) : A21 for front L/R, A31 for Center & Side Surrounds, and then A23s for the remaining 6 rear and height speakers?

or just stick to A31 for mains, and A23s for the effect speakers!

I use an A21 for the mains because it handles the heat better when playing 2-channel. It has a bigger power supply and better cooling (more surface area) when cranking 2-channel music. I had an A51 and I could watch movies at the maximum volume I found comfortable and the amp never got hot.
The Salons can take a handle power and I run them full range.

The A31 is used for my center and surrounds the amps is probably running class-A 99% of the time.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A21 + A21 + A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
What i meant here is not the amp build or quality, what I meant here and i am not sure if it is quite true or not, is that the less channels amp is usually the better option.

this means A21 is better than A31. and then JC1 is even better than A21.

that's all,

and by the way, when you said A21 is a step above A31/51, this is for music only or even in movies?

because if it is even better in movies, would this be a better option for me (as i have not placed my order yet) : A21 for front L/R, A31 for Center & Side Surrounds, and then A23s for the remaining 6 rear and height speakers?

or just stick to A31 for mains, and A23s for the effect speakers!
The A21 is a slightly different design than the A31/51 to my understanding. For music I would recommend the A21 /A31 combo but for movies not sure it would matter assuming all speakers are crossed over to a sub (s).
jima4a is online now  
Old 12-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
The A21 is a slightly different design than the A31/51 to my understanding. For music I would recommend the A21 /A31 combo but for movies not sure it would matter assuming all speakers are crossed over to a sub (s).
Yeah this is what i think exactly, so most likely I will go with A31 for mains and A23s for the effect speakers.
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I use an A21 for the mains because it handles the heat better when playing 2-channel. It has a bigger power supply and better cooling (more surface area) when cranking 2-channel music. I had an A51 and I could watch movies at the maximum volume I found comfortable and the amp never got hot.
The Salons can take a handle power and I run them full range.

The A31 is used for my center and surrounds the amps is probably running class-A 99% of the time.

- Rich
So if music is not a priority to me and only movies + HDTV, then A31 & A23s would be the way to go
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,031
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
So if music is not a priority to me and only movies + HDTV, then A31 & A23s would be the way to go

That would do nicely.


- Rich
hendry98 likes this.

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A21 + A21 + A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quick question, as I am planning to order an AV Rack from MD, and since I will have 5 Amps from Parasound which will be placed on the top, is it wise to leave 1-2 U between each Amp even if i will have a thermal mgt.? or no need for spaces with cooling system in place?

Thanks,
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-14-2014, 04:24 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,995
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Quick question, as I am planning to order an AV Rack from MD, and since I will have 5 Amps from Parasound which will be placed on the top, is it wise to leave 1-2 U between each Amp even if i will have a thermal mgt.? or no need for spaces with cooling system in place?
Is MD Music Direct (the store) or something else? It might be helpful to include a link to the rack you're thinking of getting. But a couple of general comments... If you're planning on putting the amps across the top shelf of a wide rack, I don't think you need to worry too much about having much space between them because the heat will have plenty of room to escape vertically. If you're talking about a rack mount system that's 1 component wide, then you'll probably want to have at least 2 rack spaces between each amp vertically, but the amount of space needed will vary a bit depending on which specific amps you're talking about (JC-1's, for example, run pretty hot). Finally, if you are talking about a free standing rack mount system that's 1 component wide, I'd suggest putting heavy things like the amps lower in the rack rather than at the top for stability reasons.
hendry98 likes this.
gsr is online now  
Old 12-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Is MD Music Direct (the store) or something else? It might be helpful to include a link to the rack you're thinking of getting. But a couple of general comments... If you're planning on putting the amps across the top shelf of a wide rack, I don't think you need to worry too much about having much space between them because the heat will have plenty of room to escape vertically. If you're talking about a rack mount system that's 1 component wide, then you'll probably want to have at least 2 rack spaces between each amp vertically, but the amount of space needed will vary a bit depending on which specific amps you're talking about (JC-1's, for example, run pretty hot). Finally, if you are talking about a free standing rack mount system that's 1 component wide, I'd suggest putting heavy things like the amps lower in the rack rather than at the top for stability reasons.
Thanks for your reply, it was a typo, i meant MA, middle atlantic, so I am planning to get WR Series: http://www.middleatlantic.com/produc.../wr-44-32.aspx

- it will be inside the wall, with a thermal mgt (cooling fan) on the top and vent panel in the bottom
- I will have the following from Prasound 1x A31 & 4x A23,

so should I leave 2U between each amp? and use blank panels in between to allow better air circulation ?
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,995
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Thanks for your reply, it was a typo, i meant MA, middle atlantic, so I am planning to get WR Series: http://www.middleatlantic.com/produc.../wr-44-32.aspx

- it will be inside the wall, with a thermal mgt (cooling fan) on the top and vent panel in the bottom
- I will have the following from Prasound 1x A31 & 4x A23,

so should I leave 2U between each amp? and use blank panels in between to allow better air circulation ?
I'd suggest asking Parasound for what they recommend, but 2U (3.5") above each amp is probably sufficient. Go with ventilated panels, which will allow air to flow through.
gsr is online now  
Old 12-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I'd suggest asking Parasound for what they recommend, but 2U (3.5") above each amp is probably sufficient. Go with ventilated panels, which will allow air to flow through.
Thanks for your feedback,

Sure will check with them
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-15-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhale64L7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Amherst,OH
Posts: 1,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 78
T h at is what I did. I had my A23 with vented 2u blanks between them. I had an A52 with the same. Mine was an opened back rack with no fans. This was backed up into an equipment closet that is approximately 5'×4'. The fronts were all facing my theater.
hendry98 likes this.
rhale64L7 is online now  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Member
 
WAFWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Thanks for your feedback,

Sure will check with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Thanks for your reply, it was a typo, i meant MA, middle atlantic, so I am planning to get WR Series: http://www.middleatlantic.com/produc.../wr-44-32.aspx

- it will be inside the wall, with a thermal mgt (cooling fan) on the top and vent panel in the bottom
- I will have the following from Prasound 1x A31 & 4x A23,

so should I leave 2U between each amp? and use blank panels in between to allow better air circulation ?
This seems sufficient. They will go into protect mode if it gets too hot but I seriously doubt that you will have any issues. Use vented blanks for sure.
hendry98 likes this.

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
WAFWarrior is offline  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFWarrior View Post
This seems sufficient. They will go into protect mode if it gets too hot but I seriously doubt that you will have any issues. Use vented blanks for sure.
Thanks for your reply, so i use vented panels instead of blank panels and no fans required?

because as per MA, if I use thermal Mgt, on the top, then i need at least to keep 6-8 U below with blank panels in order to ensure a better air circulation. but with vented panels, i think then the air circulation wont be effective. unless i got the point wrong.


Regards,
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Member
 
hendry98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
That is what I did. I had my A23 with vented 2u blanks between them. I had an A52 with the same. Mine was an opened back rack with no fans. This was backed up into an equipment closet that is approximately 5'×4'. The fronts were all facing my theater.
i will also have an open rack, but i am playing it safe and will install a fan on the top.
hendry98 is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Superman07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I stopped by a local dealer and managed to get a listen to an A21 and see an A23. I didn't realize the 23 is so large.

Anyway I'm leaning towards the 21. Good news is he's going to try and work something out so I can demo at home for a short while.

Any inputs on what I can expect or listen for in terms of sound.

What about any price discount? I know prices were raised back in the spring.
Superman07 is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,845
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
i will also have an open rack, but i am playing it safe and will install a fan on the top.
If you are doing a fan top rack, then it should be enclosed with vents only at the bottom. That way, cool air is drawn in from the bottom as all the hot air is pulled out the top. Keeps a constant stream of cool air to the units.
WAFWarrior and hendry98 like this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
Old 12-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
audio4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
So I stopped by a local dealer and managed to get a listen to an A21 and see an A23. I didn't realize the 23 is so large.

Anyway I'm leaning towards the 21. Good news is he's going to try and work something out so I can demo at home for a short while.

Any inputs on what I can expect or listen for in terms of sound.

What about any price discount? I know prices were raised back in the spring.
In terms of sound, one of the first things I noticed was the silky job it does with vocals. If you are familiar with some music where the voice is the main thing and just a few instruments. What speakers are you running and amp? Do you notice any weaknesses at present? You might want to key in on those areas too. For me I loved the imaging, and noticed that highs were handled better than the old amp. Please share your impressions!
audio4life is online now  
Old 12-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
In terms of sound, one of the first things I noticed was the silky job it does with vocals. If you are familiar with some music where the voice is the main thing and just a few instruments. What speakers are you running and amp? Do you notice any weaknesses at present? You might want to key in on those areas too. For me I loved the imaging, and noticed that highs were handled better than the old amp. Please share your impressions!
I also noticed that my highs were more refined. I would say more crisp. If you know what I mean. I love my A21, trying to talk myself out of grabbing two JC1's right now!!
NextLevel217 is offline  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
In terms of sound, one of the first things I noticed was the silky job it does with vocals. If you are familiar with some music where the voice is the main thing and just a few instruments. What speakers are you running and amp? Do you notice any weaknesses at present? You might want to key in on those areas too. For me I loved the imaging, and noticed that highs were handled better than the old amp. Please share your impressions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel217 View Post
I also noticed that my highs were more refined. I would say more crisp. If you know what I mean. I love my A21, trying to talk myself out of grabbing two JC1's right now!!
I have to ask if you guys are using audyssey? Seems that audyssey would eliminate some of the benefits of a better class of amplifier by trimming those highs off, etc.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, Klein K10A, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
JimP is online now  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gaithersburg, md
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I have to ask if you guys are using audyssey? Seems that audyssey would eliminate some of the benefits of a better class of amplifier by trimming those highs off, etc.
I am not an owner yet, but I may be soon....

i am also curious if those of you using a solid amp like this are all using pres or are any of you running the parasound to supplement something like a high end receiver. I am looking to add a power amp to my 5.2 setup which I currently run on a sr7009 (all B&W CM - CM10, CMC2, CM5) and dual SVS SB2000s). I have no complaints about the sr7009 but I do find Audyssey to be a fickle beast and when you add to that trying to work in a solid crossover to my subs from the CM10s - I am left thinking that something like a A21 could really make my CM10s sing. Especially since I am 90 percent music much of which is in stereo. I am dabbling in multichannel though - just picked up Immersion Box Set of Dark Side of the Moon which is quite nice.

but I am using Audyssey on and off and because i dont always have the same resolution or type of source as my input I find it to be a bit of a PITA.

BTW - those who have a A21 or a JC-1 did you buy those internet direct or from a local dealer? Not a lot of dealers in my area have that kind of equipment around and keep trying to push me towards a rotel cause of my B&Ws but I dont want to buy an amp just because they are sister companies....

My Current 5.2 Setup - for now....
B&W CM10s (FLR), CMC2, CM5 x2 (SLR)
Dual SVS SB2000s

Rack and Display:
Marantz SR7009, Marantz UD7007, T-PC50st60
[/COLOR]
pickering.tim is offline  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickering.tim View Post

BTW - those who have a A21 or a JC-1 did you buy those internet direct or from a local dealer? Not a lot of dealers in my area have that kind of equipment around and keep trying to push me towards a rotel cause of my B&Ws but I dont want to buy an amp just because they are sister companies....
Give Mike or JD from AVS Sales a call, great place to get Parasound.
jima4a is online now  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I have to ask if you guys are using audyssey? Seems that audyssey would eliminate some of the benefits of a better class of amplifier by trimming those highs off, etc.
I do not use Audyssey for music. If my prepro had the option to leave my mains alone I might.
jima4a is online now  
Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 101
For those using the A31 / A51, how does it sound? I may also consider the A52, but it seems to be out of production..
I like the Marantz sound - fluid, smooth and warm, but they don't make power amps > 200W per channel and they use fans...
I like the Parasound build quality and they look like they will last for years... but I wonder what kind of sonic signature do they have?
petetherock is online now  
Old 12-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Superman07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
In terms of sound, one of the first things I noticed was the silky job it does with vocals. If you are familiar with some music where the voice is the main thing and just a few instruments. What speakers are you running and amp? Do you notice any weaknesses at present? You might want to key in on those areas too. For me I loved the imaging, and noticed that highs were handled better than the old amp. Please share your impressions!
Running a "rated" 110W Marantz on my MA GX300s. I can't say weaknesses per se, but since they are such a large speaker, seems like they'd benefit from a more robust power source.
Superman07 is offline  
 

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off