Parasound Owners Thread - Page 128 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I agree those speakers should do well. What Marantz model AVR is that? Am i right in assuming you are running a 2 channel system only?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2014, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
6006. Yes, 2.0 at the moment.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I have to ask if you guys are using audyssey? Seems that audyssey would eliminate some of the benefits of a better class of amplifier by trimming those highs off, etc.
Of the auto EQs I've had, I do not like them for music. And most of the time not even for movies. I also do not use Dolby volume...just total compression.
That's why I like my P7, pure analog. And if I do listen to music thru the AVR for L7 or dts neo 6, its set to EQ-off, tone controls-off, mains-full range.

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Denon disc player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly usbDAC.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I have to ask if you guys are using audyssey? Seems that audyssey would eliminate some of the benefits of a better class of amplifier by trimming those highs off, etc.

I had an Integra AVR with Audyssey and just like everyone else is saying, I would turn it off when listening to music. My current setup is an Anthem MRX510 with a Parasound A51. From what I've experienced, room correction does have an effect on the sound of the amp, but it doesn't take away any of the good characteristics of the A51. In my opinion ARC is a way better room correction than Audyssey and I found the sound is better with it left on. I really can't say enough good things about my current setup with Anthem and Parasound.
Old Today, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
For those using the A31 / A51, how does it sound? I may also consider the A52, but it seems to be out of production..
I like the Marantz sound - fluid, smooth and warm, but they don't make power amps > 200W per channel and they use fans...
I like the Parasound build quality and they look like they will last for years... but I wonder what kind of sonic signature do they have?
I am using these two amps in my setup. They sound fantastic. My front stage consists of three PSB Stratus Gold speakers (L/C/R) and the A-31 drives these power hungry monsters just fine. The four surrounds are PSB Stratus Minis and the A-51 does a great job with these as well. I probably could have "settled" for an A-52 which was still in production at the time that I purchased the A-51 but I wanted everything to match as best as possible.

My theater room is large (5700 cu/ft) and these two amps have no problem filling the room with sound without sounding at all strained.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp