Forum Jump: 
 125Likes
post #4141 of 4144 Old Today, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 190
After following Parasound for a few years on various forums, I don't think that reproducing noise is an issue of theirs. I've seen noise issues spread across various brands, and Halo gear does have a ground lift switch. Usually noise ends up being through old wiring in the house, improperly grounded coax cables and such. I've never had any noise with the Parasound, though I did with Emotiva.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4144 Unread Today, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
After following Parasound for a few years on various forums, I don't think that reproducing noise is an issue of theirs. I've seen noise issues spread across various brands, and Halo gear does have a ground lift switch. Usually noise ends up being through old wiring in the house, improperly grounded coax cables and such. I've never had any noise with the Parasound, though I did with Emotiva.
If you have a Parasound amp, try the star quad speaker cable (8 feet+, the length matters as the cable is doing the filtering) and you'll realized how much common mode noise get's amplified. If you never tried it you won't be aware of the difference. It's a very cheap tweak for massive improvement to the sound.

Last edited by coli; Today at 02:37 PM.
post #4143 of 4144 Unread Today, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickering.tim View Post
any recommendations as to whether better rca cables might help or perhaps better power mgmt by tring to get all my audio gear plugged into one socket?
Sounds like a possible ground loop. Yes, try to have everything plugged into one electrical outlet. I use a Bryston BIT power conditioner (unfortunately expensive), and have no hum from my speakers. I doubt different RCA cables would help, but maybe a local store could let you borrow some to give it a try.
post #4144 of 4144 Unread Today, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli View Post
If you have a Parasound amp, try the star quad speaker cable (8 feet+, the length matters as the cable is doing the filtering) and you'll realized how much common mode noise get's amplified. If you never tried it you won't be aware of the difference. It's a very cheap tweak for massive improvement to the sound.
I appreciate that, but I have zero noise. None whatsoever. I've also got 3 systems, I had four at one point but have been whittling it down, and I'm familiar with some of the noise issues that can occur. One time in my theater the front left channel was humming. Drove me crazy until I realized my voltage regulator got moved too close while working on the system, and was introducing the noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page