Parasound Owners Thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 307Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5071 of 5074 Old Today, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
pukemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-Rhino View Post
You should look for an LC2. It has a dedicated midrange driver which is important for a center.
Ugh. I've been recommended that and would prefer that, but it just doesn't fit any scenario setup I can imagine. Above TV mount won't work and have to put my TV too low to make it work, plus putting it below would require at least another $400 to get 2 side by side salamander entertainment racks I would have to customize, and heavily customize if LC2, regardless of LC1 or LC2. Also, power ratings are the same as LC1 so question and advice is still not addressed. Dedicated rack for components is not an option at the moment. Live in an apartment and my 2 hsu subs are already in compromised positions.

Last edited by pukemon; Today at 11:27 AM.
pukemon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5072 of 5074 Old Today, 10:39 AM
Oppo Beta Group
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,451
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Ugh. I've been recommended that and would prefer that, but it just doesn't fit any scenario setup I can imagine. Above TV mount won't work and have to put my TV too low to make it work, plus putting it below would require at least another $400 to get 2 side by side salamander entertainment racks I would have to customize, and heavily customize if LC2, regardless of LC1 or LC2. Also, power ratings are the same as LC1 so question and advice is still not addressed. Dedicated rack for components is not an option at the moment. Live in an apartment and my 2 his subs are already in compromised positions.
I have a Revel C20 and Voice2 in systems with both mounted above the monitor. Unfortunately, the Omnimounts are no longer available. I would still Rube Goldberg something together to make that happen if I had to do it again.

Concerning powering the JBLs with th A31, there is not problem there. The models I looked at were spec'ed at 75 watts continuous and 150 watts max. The amp will not be the limiting factor.

- Rich

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | Oppo PM-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is online now  
post #5073 of 5074 Old Today, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
pukemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I have a Revel C20 and Voice2 in systems with both mounted above the monitor. Unfortunately, the Omnimounts are no longer available. I would still Rube Goldberg something together to make that happen if I had to do it again.

Concerning powering the JBLs with th A31, there is not problem there. The models I looked at were spec'ed at 75 watts continuous and 150 watts max. The amp will not be the limiting factor.

- Rich
Could you elaborate on the amp not being the limiting factor please. I emailed JBL and they said don't do it. Everybody and their mama said I'll be fine if I don't play at reference level which I won't.
pukemon is online now  
post #5074 of 5074 Old Today, 01:33 PM
Oppo Beta Group
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,451
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Could you elaborate on the amp not being the limiting factor please. I emailed JBL and they said don't do it. Everybody and their mama said I'll be fine if I don't play at reference level which I won't.

For which speaker was this recommendation made and was the issue too little or too much power?

- Rich

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | Oppo PM-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off