Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

post #61 of 3698 Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used to use a cheap ground loop buster from Radio Shack, it worked really well. Did you try the ground lift switch on the amp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3698 Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Yes, I tried that. No effect. It's definitely the tv - if the tv's on, it buzzes; if it's off, no buzz. This happens whether the cable is connected to the tv or not. Breaking the ground from the cable line won't change that.
post #63 of 3698 Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Can somebody tell me where to get the best pricing for the A21. It is going to power Mirage omd28 using the onkyo 805.

Besides audioadvisor, any other vendors?

I am in socal.

tony
post #64 of 3698 Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I don't thinkl they dicount, unless you buy used. AA sometimes sells factory refurbished with full warranty for a good price break.

Dave

post #65 of 3698 Old 05-31-2009, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I noticed the vendors online list parasound product to have a 10 year warranty but on parasound lists 5 year?

Tony
post #66 of 3698 Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM

Parasound's warranty is 10 years for parts, 5 for labor.

In case anyone's interested, I located the source of the buzzing - and it turns out it's not a groundloop. The buzzing was caused by the amp's proximity to the tv. Moving the amp and tv further away from each other lessened the buzzing.

The tv is a rear-projection Sony, and I assume there's some electromagnetic interference in its immediate vicinity.

Or could it be something else?
post #67 of 3698 Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I actually am buying a parasound zphono pre-amp that i know will sound way better than my Yamaha internal phono// Parasound is good stuff.. I think their amps mate well with bright(er) speakers tho.. I once heard a Parasound amp with Energy speakers and it sounded just "right" across the spectrum.. probably becasue of the design (mosfet, j-fet etc) for that "tube" like warmth..I just think you need to match them with a little bit brighter speaker to get that balance just right sound.. just my .02.. anways.. happy listening!

Mike
post #68 of 3698 Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

I noticed the vendors online list parasound product to have a 10 year warranty but on parasound lists 5 year?

Tony

Tony,

For purchases after Jan 1, 2009, Parasound has changed their warranty length of time. There website has the specific details - it varies for halo (5 yrs) vs new classic (3 yrs). Audio advisor is the only authorized Parasound dealer on the internet, though they had not updated the warranty info last time I checked. If you find other dealers on the internet, the warranty might not be valid. You have to submit copy of invoice for warranty work...

Give Parasound a call the guys there are great.

I'm liking the 28's with the 2250 and could imagine that they would be impressive with the A21 or A51 or even a pair of JC-1's...

Bob
post #69 of 3698 Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I just joined the Halo club. I took delivery of an A52 yesterday afternoon.

Initial impressions: WOW!! What a great sounding amp. I was afraid it might not have enough power, but i think this thing is seriously underrated. Very clean and transparent sound as well.

I'm very happy with my decision.

Dave

post #70 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblopes View Post

Tony,

For purchases after Jan 1, 2009, Parasound has changed their warranty length of time. There website has the specific details - it varies for halo (5 yrs) vs new classic (3 yrs). Audio advisor is the only authorized Parasound dealer on the internet, though they had not updated the warranty info last time I checked. If you find other dealers on the internet, the warranty might not be valid. You have to submit copy of invoice for warranty work...

Give Parasound a call the guys there are great.

I'm liking the 28's with the 2250 and could imagine that they would be impressive with the A21 or A51 or even a pair of JC-1's...

Bob

Would parasound honor 2nd ownership?

tony
post #71 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

Would parasound honor 2nd ownership?

tony

No . Check their website.

Dave

post #72 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

Well, I just joined the Halo club. I took delivery of an A52 yesterday afternoon.

Initial impressions: WOW!! What a great sounding amp. I was afraid it might not have enough power, but i think this thing is seriously underrated. Very clean and transparent sound as well.

I'm very happy with my decision.

Excellent news! I'm considering making the same decision, especially after the new surround sound pre-pro (C3, I think) is released.

Matty
post #73 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilverz View Post

Excellent news! I'm considering making the same decision, especially after the new sound sound pre-pro (C3, I think) is released.

Matty

Well Parasound is a wonderful company to work with. I sent an email--before purchase-- to technical support with some question or other. It was late at night on a weekend, and I expected to maybe get an answer in a day or two, if at all.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email back, that night, from Richard Schram, the president of Parasound. He's a great guy and his patient answers were a big part of my decision.

As to the C#, Richard actually said that the P7 may have a slight edge in audio quality over the C3, due to it's lack of any video or other processing signals. And it is quite a bit less expensive, so if you can live with analog only, it may work out for you.

My plan is to get a P7, and keep my Nuforce AVP to run the optical out from my Dish DVR, and connect the Nuforce to the P7 via the 5.1 outs, with the 2nd 7.1 input on the P7 set to HT bypass.

YMMV, good luck.

Dave

post #74 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM
exm
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Well Parasound is a wonderful company to work with. I sent an email--before purchase-- to technical support with some question or other. It was late at night on a weekend, and I expected to maybe get an answer in a day or two, if at all.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email back, that night, from Richard Schram, the president of Parasound. He's a great guy and his patient answers were a big part of my decision.

As to the C#, Richard actually said that the P7 may have a slight edge in audio quality over the C3, due to it's lack of any video or other processing signals. And it is quite a bit less expensive, so if you can live with analog only, it may work out for you.

My plan is to get a P7, and keep my Nuforce AVP to run the optical out from my Dish DVR, and connect the Nuforce to the P7 via the 5.1 outs, with the 2nd 7.1 input on the P7 set to HT bypass.

YMMV, good luck.

Agreed. I have the Parasound A51 and A23 and I love them. However, they did drop the ball on delaying the C3. I moved on already, and I'm sure a lot others have moved on as well.
post #75 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

Agreed. I have the Parasound A51 and A23 and I love them. However, they did drop the ball on delaying the C3. I moved on already, and I'm sure a lot others have moved on as well.

I suppose...

Only I'd rather see them get it right the first time than end up with a bunch of pissed off beta testers who paid full price.

Like the Cary.

Dave

post #76 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Exactly. That is Richard's plan. He wants to put out a final product that actually works like it's supposed to and won't require constant updates (like another model I currently own and am waiting patiently to replace). There will be an announcement for those that are patient

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #77 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Well, I want both the video switching and the room EQ of the C3, and so I'm almost certainly going to get that. It's good to hear that they're so easy to deal with.

Another feature of the Parasound components that I find attractive is that they're all dual voltage. I live in the States right now, but soon I'll be moving overseas, and it will be nice not to have to rely on transformers to protect my equipment.

Matty
post #78 of 3698 Old 06-13-2009, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Sounds like the buzz is starting agin on the C3... I've been patiently waiting and running without a processor for about a year now (Oppo 983 straight into my Halo A51) and I really have no complaints. I am getting very anxious though because I can't add a BlueRay, or PS3 into the mix until I get something to act as an AV router. This is basically all that a pre-pro needs to do for me. Totally separate 2 channel rig for music, so all the other features are just icing on the cake... oh and I am looking forward to being able to use the balanced connections as well.

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #79 of 3698 Old 06-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

I can understand not wanting to wait for the C3, but did they "drop the ball"? Perhaps it's the other manufacturers who dropped the ball by releasing buggy products! Many others have had to be updated again and again- sometimes by sending it back to the Mfg., or taking it to a service center. What a nightmare!

This sounds good to me (from the Parasound site):

"The NewClassic Model 7100 is a great example of this commitment. We improved it again and again over a period of many months before it was released to the public. The results? The Model 7100 is probably the only surround processor ever sold without any bugs whatsover and thus without the need for any upgrades. In fact, the very last Model 7100 built was 100% identical to the very first Model 7100 to come off the production line! We didn't need to inconvenience our customers and dealers with a single hardware change, firmware or software update. I'm applying this same stringent standard of excellence to our new 7.1 models."

THAT is worth waiting for IMO.
post #80 of 3698 Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post

I can understand not wanting to wait for the C3, but did they "drop the ball"? Perhaps it's the other manufacturers who dropped the ball by releasing buggy products! Many others have had to be updated again and again- sometimes by sending it back to the Mfg., or taking it to a service center. What a nightmare!

This sounds good to me (from the Parasound site):

"The NewClassic Model 7100 is a great example of this commitment. We improved it again and again over a period of many months before it was released to the public. The results? The Model 7100 is probably the only surround processor ever sold without any bugs whatsover and thus without the need for any upgrades. In fact, the very last Model 7100 built was 100% identical to the very first Model 7100 to come off the production line! We didn't need to inconvenience our customers and dealers with a single hardware change, firmware or software update. I'm applying this same stringent standard of excellence to our new 7.1 models."

THAT is worth waiting for IMO.

There is no doubt that Parasound puts out a superior product. I really enjoyed my C2 and Parasound amps. I still have the amps, but could not continue to see my C2 lose value and still not be able to properly enjoy the new formats.

I got what I could out of the C2 and have moved on to the Integra DHC 9.9. I couldn't be happier.

Rudy81
post #81 of 3698 Old 06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
exm
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy81 View Post

There is no doubt that Parasound puts out a superior product. I really enjoyed my C2 and Parasound amps. I still have the amps, but could not continue to see my C2 lose value and still not be able to properly enjoy the new formats.

I got what I could out of the C2 and have moved on to the Integra DHC 9.9. I couldn't be happier.

I moved from Lexicon products to the Onkyo 885 (aka Integra 9.8) and I still regret the day I did so. At this point (with Lexicon's recent announcement for a new platform), I rather wait for this instead of hoping that he C3 is an improvement over the 885. I def would have bought the C3 if Parasound released the C3 earlier this year as originally announced.

And it's interesting that Parasound changed the C3 release info from 'bad economical climate' to 'releasing a bugfree unit'. I respect either reason and I might be a C3 in the future if the reviews are great, but at this point I moved on already.
post #82 of 3698 Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

If you guys get a chance i just started a blog you can follow it and see all of the cool new things that will be going on including new releases Check it out premieracousticlifestyles.blogspot.com

Middle Tennessee & S.W. Florida
www.premieracousticlifestyles.com
see it. hear it. feel it.
Brad Bossman
post #83 of 3698 Old 06-21-2009, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You will see the C3 in September...Reliable sources... VERY reliable sources as well as the New Classic pieces

Brad Bossman
post #84 of 3698 Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal1982 View Post

You will see the C3 in September...Reliable sources... VERY reliable sources as well as the New Classic pieces

Does anyone know that the MSRP is going to be?

Matty
post #85 of 3698 Old 06-22-2009, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilverz View Post

Does anyone know that the MSRP is going to be?

Matty

The unofficial price will be $3500

Brad Bossman
post #86 of 3698 Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal1982 View Post

Yeap. Preview at CEDIA. Ships after that.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #87 of 3698 Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Know anyone that wants to buy a C1 and a T3?

I'm am eagerly awaiting the C3. I have a Yamaha 663 doing the new format stuff going into my A51 and would be A21 (need to send it in for repair as it doesn't power on). Going to do that this weekend while I have some time.
post #88 of 3698 Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Just ordered a P7 from Audio Advisor to go with my new A52.

Hint: Always look for the open box/factory refurb/demo deals. Several hundred bucks off on perfect units with full Parasound warranty. Saved $1000.00 on my two units combined.

Dave

post #89 of 3698 Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Just ordered a P7 from Audio Advisor to go with my new A52.

Hint: Always look for the open box/factory refurb/demo deals. Several hundred bucks off on perfect units with full Parasound warranty. Saved $1000.00 on my two units combined.

Agreed.

But if you don't see a discounted unit that you want, just call AA up on their "800" number and tell them to call you up when they've got it.

In my recent experience, they are very good at calling back.

With the added note that I've *never* bought anything from them.

Cheers

The best is the enemy of the good. Voltaire (1694-1778)

post #90 of 3698 Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Also, I have it on very good authority that Parasound has a possible Universal/BR player in the works.

I say possible because I was told they need to be sure they get it right, in this tough market.

Dave

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page