Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #181 of 3645 Old 09-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Nope. They're still working on getting them out. Still hearing sometime mid-Sept for the states. They're skipping Cedia so we'll have to see.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3645 Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Nope. They're still working on getting them out. Still hearing sometime mid-Sept for the states. They're skipping Cedia so we'll have to see.

S~

I still see them listed at CEDIA.. Was this a last minute cancellation?

Chris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103D,PS Audio Power Plant Premier
post #183 of 3645 Old 09-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Same question for me
post #184 of 3645 Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

I was told this past weekend they were skipping. We'll have to see.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #185 of 3645 Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ok... Here goes the bad news... Today I call Parasound and they told me that the Halo C3 has been pushed for the first quarter of 2010 due to some bugs that they are still working on...

Chris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103D,PS Audio Power Plant Premier
post #186 of 3645 Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

the Halo C3 has been pushed for the first quarter of 2010 due to some bugs that they are still working on...

most-likely HDMI complications.............
post #187 of 3645 Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Hi Parasounders! Just found this thread.
Coincidentally, I just realized my A23 is not playing its left channel nearly as loudly as the right; and yes both volume controls are all the way up.
Any ideas toward a fix without sending out for repair?
Neither of the fault lights are anything but blue and it is not my preamp's fault.
post #188 of 3645 Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

most-likely HDMI complications.............

Ain't it always?

You see more time wasted dealing with HDMI issues than anything else in this pastime.

Dave

post #189 of 3645 Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghause View Post

Coincidentally, I just realized my A23 is not playing its left channel nearly as loudly as the right; and yes both volume controls are all the way up.
Neither of the fault lights are anything but blue and it is not my preamp's fault.

does'nt sound good. I would try to contact Parasound directly and communicate with a technical support person. They should be able to instruct you which options to take (ie. sending it to factory for service, or whatever else).
post #190 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:

Ok... Here goes the bad news... Today I call Parasound and they told me that the Halo C3 has been pushed for the first quarter of 2010 due to some bugs that they are still working on...

I do not know if I should or should not begrudge them trying to make something perfect!
post #191 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 05:06 AM

I have a Denon 3808 AVR and I am looking to upgrade. I don't have room for separates in my shelf. I am strongly considering the ARCAM AV600 but have been relucant to pull the trigger because the firmware has been buggy. I am thinking that the Parasound HDR77 could have a lot of potential and may be a worthy contender but don't know much about Parasound other than I know their equipment has been well received. Can any of you owners tell me when the HDR77 is likely to be released, likely MRSP, where best to purchase (I know A.A. sells their equipment) and most importantly, is Parasound equipment reliable, especially at LAUNCH? I don't have any dealers within reasonable driving distance, so I am on my own after I purchase.
post #192 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:

where best to purchase

AVS is a Parasound dealer. Talk to Jason.
post #193 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 07:09 AM

Thanks Ghause. Other owners, if you can comment on Parasound reliability, I'd welcome the input.
post #194 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Caribou View Post

I do not know if I should or should not begrudge them trying to make something perfect!

theres just WAY TOO MUCH new stuff just coming out and some that will not be firmware upgradeable like hdmi 1.4 (with diferent jacks just to make absolutely SURE they (not parasound per se) suck every last dime out of us. it is a BAD time to be releasing a prepro right now and I suppose we should be grateful that they are trying to get it right. as someone who has an outdated c1 and will be looking to upgrade to hdmi i wont be buying anything until this stuff gets worked out. for the moment the c1 sounds fantastic. im dyin to try room eq though...of course then ill need to upgrade to what are we at now 12.2 (or 22.2) from 7.2. ahhh it never ends...

btw as for parasound and reliability--my c1 had needed a chip replaced and they were fantastic to work with if something aint right. they also respond to emails pretty well last I checked. the 5-10 yr warranty is pretty sweet too. really--thats about how long your likely to have a componend before its completely outdated anyway except for amps.
cheers
post #195 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

strange--id check your setup in the preamp (as in go through it from the beginning again) before sending it in.
post #196 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile View Post

strange--id check your setup in the preamp (as in go through it from the beginning again) before sending it in.

Try flipping the cables from the pre-amp to see if the issue stays on the same channel or follows the cable - quick way to verify if it is one channel of the amp or not...
post #197 of 3645 Old 09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Lately, maybe the last two months, when listening to (2ch) CD music titles via-"Analog Bypass" thru my NAD T175 surround processor and Parasound Halo A51 it seems there is noticeably more "sibilance" present. Almost dirty-like distortion, especially noticeable when listening to female voices and when things get busy.

I guess this "raspiness" must be in the upper mid-range or higher. Really does bother me lately. Wonder if there are issues with my mid-range/tweeter modules with my Montior Audio GS-60 speakers? Or whether a component is flaking out in my A51 or NAD T175? Or maybe the CD sources themselves?

This sibilance seems to be present from both front speakers (GS-60's). Although overall dynamics are good. Also playing movie sources via-HDMI (with Audyssey) seem to be clean and dynamic (I'll have to play closer attention).

One thing, the weather (here in L.A.) has been scorching hot these last few weeks. I have no air-conditioning, When I come home after work my home interior must be literally 95 degrees, I turn on ceiling fans. After an hour or so I play some music for maybe an hour or two. I've never experience any over-heating indicators on my Halo A51 ever. I have it sitting on top of my rack, out in the open.

For example, been listening to the new Whitney Houston CD "I Look To You", some of the vocal arrangement really song raspy. Maybe the recording? I don't know.
post #198 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblopes View Post

Try flipping the cables from the pre-amp to see if the issue stays on the same channel or follows the cable - quick way to verify if it is one channel of the amp or not...

I did, it is still the left channel. I yanked it out of my system and and am running my mains through my A52 with no problems.

If I could comment on the reliability question a few posts up, I would like to mention that I have terrible luck with high end audio gear and that you should not hold my experience against Parasound. Should I send it for repair several times and they refuse to accept that it has problems (**cough** Rotel **cough**) and fix it while it is under warranty I would hold them in contempt for the rest of my days. At present I hold my amps in the highest regard, even though one of them is under the weather at the moment.
post #199 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I did, it is still the left channel. I yanked it out of my system and and am running my mains through my A52 with no problems.

If I could comment on the reliability question a few posts up, I would like to mention that I have terrible luck with high end audio gear and that you should not hold my experience against Parasound. Should I send it for repair several times and they refuse to accept that it has problems (**cough** Rotel **cough**) and fix it while it is under warranty I would hold them in contempt for the rest of my days. At present I hold my amps in the highest regard, even though one of them is under the weather at the moment.

Parasound guys are great to deal with they will make it right if it is under warranty!
post #200 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Again, pardon my ignorance as I am unfamiliar with Parasound. What about firmware and software issues? When Parasound releases a new product, do I have to be concerned about firmware/software bugs? And if their products can be updated, is this an easy, relatively low risk procedure? With some AV equipment, you load new firmware and you end up with new problems.
post #201 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy View Post

Again, pardon my ignorance as I am unfamiliar with Parasound. What about firmware and software issues? When Parasound releases a new product, do I have to be concerned about firmware/software bugs? And if their products can be updated, is this an easy, relatively low risk procedure? With some AV equipment, you load new firmware and you end up with new problems.

Parasound is one of the audio companies that tries to release a product that won't require firmware upgrades. I think the delay in releasing the new gear shows that commitment to get it right the first time.
When I was researching their gear last winter for my potential entrance into the world of separates, I found this Q&A thread with the President of Parasound (Richard) quite helpful: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=828684 .

I also spoke to the reps at Audio Advisor and called Parasound directly. I was interested in the New Classic gear, but the guys at Parasound were extremely friendly, helpful and patient for all of my questions.
post #202 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

well i can tell you the dpl2x update has worked flawlessly since its inception in my machine anyway (c1). Im sure not nearly as complex as the newer formats and room eq but I cant say I have heard of anyone else having problems with it either.
post #203 of 3645 Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Gentlemen: Thanks for your input. I e-mailed Parasound about the HDR77 (proejcted release date and msrp) and hope to receive a reply after the labor day holiday.
post #204 of 3645 Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:

Gentlemen: Thanks for your input. I e-mailed Parasound about the HDR77 (proejcted release date and msrp) and hope to receive a reply after the labor day holiday.

still no answers?
post #205 of 3645 Old 09-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

still no answers?

Yes, Pushed back to early 2010. Problems with Audyssey and the chipset they are using. They are working on a new room correction feature.

S~

post #206 of 3645 Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 AM

They use Audyssey finally?...
post #207 of 3645 Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

They use Audyssey finally?...

You didn't read my response carefully. Audyssey doesn't work with the chipset. They are coming up with a different option.

S~

post #208 of 3645 Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

BACK from CEDIA no Parasound... well i knew that going in Richard sent a letter stating why not.
You'll see the C3 and the B3 in January... just a lil FYI

Middle Tennessee & S.W. Florida

see it. hear it. feel it.
Brad Bossman
post #209 of 3645 Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
What's a B3? Is that the Blu-Ray? Richard was talking about calling it the UBlu or something, earlier this year.

Dave

post #210 of 3645 Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yes its the Blu-ray... its official name is the B3

Middle Tennessee & S.W. Florida

see it. hear it. feel it.
Brad Bossman
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page