post #2251 of 3553 Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is regularly surprised by what I didn't know. Everytime I think I've got my equipment settings, speaker positions and acoustics nailed, something comes along that gets me experimenting and voila, it almost always is an improvement.

.......with a tweek tweek here and a tweek tweek there, here a tweek there a tweek etc. etc.biggrin.gif
LoL so true biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 3553 Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 173
New owner of an A-31 Amp.................

Issue:

Finally received my shelf and faceplate from Middle Atlantic for the A-31........the issue is the shelf is too narrow.

On the Halo by Parasound website, it clearly states the width for the A-51/A-31/A-21 to be 7-1/4 inches in width......in fact, with the fins, the actual width is 17-5/8 inches. Middle Atlantic has the shelf at the spec-ed 17-1/4 inches since it was manufactured as such.

Can anyone chime in with experience using Middle Atlantic rack shelf and face plate rather than the included Parasound rack ears?

I'm looking for suggestions to remedy the problem and rack mount the A-31 amp.

Thanks
post #2253 of 3553 Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

New owner of an A-31 Amp.................

Issue:

Finally received my shelf and faceplate from Middle Atlantic for the A-31........the issue is the shelf is too narrow.

On the Halo by Parasound website, it clearly states the width for the A-51/A-31/A-21 to be 7-1/4 inches in width......in fact, with the fins, the actual width is 17-5/8 inches. Middle Atlantic has the shelf at the spec-ed 17-1/4 inches since it was manufactured as such.

Can anyone chime in with experience using Middle Atlantic rack shelf and face plate rather than the included Parasound rack ears?

I'm looking for suggestions to remedy the problem and rack mount the A-31 amp.

Thanks
Either way that's going to be to tight and not enough room on the sides of the cooling fins for proper ventilation I wouldn't think .
post #2254 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Either way that's going to be to tight and not enough room on the sides of the cooling fins for proper ventilation I wouldn't think .

Thanks for the reply.......

Either way, Middle Atlantic must have been manufacturing shelves and faceplates for Halo products for years. The A-31 I'm told has the same dimensions as both A-21 and A-51.

Parasound specs 17-1/4 inches wide yet the actual width is more along the line of 17-5/8 inches. Can't blame MA........

Granted, the rack ear provided by Parasound is more substantial, yet MA's faceplate won't fit with out drilling holes in brackets.

We'll see if there is a remedy between MA and Parasound.

Btw, the A-31 is an excellent sounding amp which replaced an Evo 403.
Nothing wrong with the Krell....,just too much amp for my newly acquired speakers.
post #2255 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
My Parasound A52 has two ways to trigger.

One can use the 12V trigger if an upstream device has that. That one works fine for me but my prepro is out for repair and the ones I'm trying out don't have miniplug based trigger outs.

The other way uses an incoming signal to trigger. What I've found is that that signal does cause the amp to turn on but then it turns off 15 minutes later, like it's documented to when the signal goes silent.

Anyone else using the signal-based trigger? Seen this behavior? Any suggestions for getting it to work better?
post #2256 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I have used a signal based trigger but I had times when the left channel was not getting enough signal to trigger the amp on.
The 15 minute turn off is by design.

I constructed a USB trigger using a digikey 5 volt to 12 volt using a digikey "102-1432-ND 5.78000 5.78 T CONVERTER DC/DC 12V REG OUT 1W".
It worked great but it for those inclined to wire stuff together.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #2257 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

Thanks for the reply.......

Either way, Middle Atlantic must have been manufacturing shelves and faceplates for Halo products for years. The A-31 I'm told has the same dimensions as both A-21 and A-51.

Parasound specs 17-1/4 inches wide yet the actual width is more along the line of 17-5/8 inches. Can't blame MA........

Granted, the rack ear provided by Parasound is more substantial, yet MA's faceplate won't fit with out drilling holes in brackets.

We'll see if there is a remedy between MA and Parasound.

Btw, the A-31 is an excellent sounding amp which replaced an Evo 403.
Nothing wrong with the Krell....,just too much amp for my newly acquired speakers.
Parasound does make excellent amps I love my A21 and A52 . I use a floor amp stand for my A21 because of its size and it runs so much cooler also being in the open with more clearance all the way around . Maybe that would be something to consider .
post #2258 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

I have used a signal based trigger but I had times when the left channel was not getting enough signal to trigger the amp on.
The 15 minute turn off is by design.
- Rich

That's what I don't get. There's enough signal to turn the amp on but then it always turn off 15 minutes later. Not 15 minutes after no signal but 15 minutes after it turns on. Every time.
post #2259 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

For sure that's the only thing I don't like and don't use with Parasound amps is the auto on feature . I remember my first Parasound amp the A52 when I hooked it up and used the auto on it scared the heck out of me I thought it was a defective amp lol .Ive had other amps with the auto on feature and it worked better but still not very good and never liked that feature . I'd rather turn it on and off manually if I can't use the trigger option . Fortunately I'm able to with both my A21 and A52 .
post #2260 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post

That's what I don't get. There's enough signal to turn the amp on but then it always turn off 15 minutes later. Not 15 minutes after no signal but 15 minutes after it turns on. Every time.

I believe that the signal is taked from a single channel.
So if that channel is not receiving enough signal, then it will shutdown.
For example, if you are watching TV with the center channel getting all the sound, this can happen.

I had a similar problem. You may want to contact Parasound for some help.
If it is as designed, try to find a way to send it a 12V trigger. I used a USB contraption that I built.
There may be other solutions.

If it is indeed a temporary siturtion, then you can leave it on or use the manual front switch.
That's all I can think of.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #2261 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If it is indeed a temporary siturtion, then you can leave it on or use the manual front switch.
That's all I can think of.

- Rich

Yeah, that's the plan. But it confuses the family when it goes from being automatic to not so much and back again. smile.gif
post #2262 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Liked: 17
Give Parasound A call. A lot of these questions about triggers, auto turn on, and rack mounting can be answered by the tech team. Call before 4 PM Pacific Time.

1-415-397-7100

cool.gif

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
post #2263 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFWarrior View Post

Give Parasound A call. A lot of these questions about triggers, auto turn on, and rack mounting can be answered by the tech team. Call before 4 PM Pacific Time.

1-415-397-7100

cool.gif

I'm not sure I care enough to do that. It's only a temporary situation. They are also fantasticly responsive through email.
post #2264 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I just leave my a23 on 24/7.... i was told by parasound that the amp will last forever
..most of the problems when it comes to repairs is constantly turning the amp on and off on a daily basis..parasound reps said they leave there personal amps on 24/7... been doing this for two years now...and my system is always on anyway since i use it for tv/ ht/ music..etc........
it never gets hot and my electric bill is normal....just a thought!
Its always ready to go!... i had issues with the trigger and signal senser not working that good
so after talking to parasound..this was my solution.
TheFactor likes this.
post #2265 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

I just leave my a23 on 24/7.... i was told by parasound that the amp will last forever
..most of the problems when it comes to repairs is constantly turning the amp on and off on a daily basis..parasound reps said they leave there personal amps on 24/7... been doing this for two years now...and my system is always on anyway since i use it for tv/ ht/ music..etc........
it never gets hot and my electric bill is normal....just a thought!
Its always ready to go!... i had issues with the trigger and signal senser not working that good
That's a great idea I don't know if I have the courage to leave both my A21 & A52 on. 24/7 .
But that's strange your trigger was giving you issues unless it was your pre-amps trigger that was bad . Regardless thanks for the tip and I might start doing that one day . I'm just worried about it burning up or something strange and starting a fire .
post #2266 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Yes if had those two bad dogs i would be slightly more concerned ..but when i get home from work the amp is always cool to the touch...and it never really gets more than slightly warm after listening to N.I.N. all night..ha!
The rep at parasound said he has left his amp on 24/7 for over 10 yrs..plus i guess its good to have good home owners insurance and a fire extinguisher....just in case!
The trigger does work with my new mrx 300 but not with my older h/k. I just got used to keeping it on
hopefully my furman elite power center would shut it down before there was a problem!
I also keep my dac on 24/7 also
post #2267 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes if had those two bad dogs i would be slightly more concerned ..but when i get home from work the amp is always cool to the touch...and it never really gets more than slightly warm after listening to N.I.N. all night..ha!
The rep at parasound said he has left his amp on 24/7 for over 10 yrs..plus i guess its good to have good home owners insurance and a fire extinguisher....just in case!
The trigger does work with my new mrx 300 but not with my older h/k. I just got used to keeping it on
hopefully my furman elite power center would shut it down before there was a problem!
I also keep my dac on 24/7 also
I wouldn't worry about it you should be fine eek.gif J/k I do have a couple of kitty's I'd be worried about at home lol although I do have home owners insurance . Not sure if that would help them out or not biggrin.gif
post #2268 of 3553 Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

I just leave my a23 on 24/7.... i was told by parasound that the amp will last forever..most of the problems when it comes to repairs is constantly turning the amp on and off on a daily basis..parasound reps said they leave there personal amps on 24/7... been doing this for two years now...and my system is always on anyway since i use it for tv/ ht/ music..etc........it never gets hot and my electric bill is normal....just a thought! Its always ready to go!... i had issues with the trigger and signal senser not working that good

I would never do that two reasons

- Cost: Electricity in Southern California is super expensive
- Fire: I had an Integra amp start a fire in my rack after over heating !! Glad I was home it would have burned down the house!
post #2269 of 3553 Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

I would never do that two reasons

- Cost: Electricity in Southern California is super expensive
- Fire: I had an Integra amp start a fire in my rack after over heating !! Glad I was home it would have burned down the house!
That's a good reason...power down here in south Florida is not bad
But some times I do worry when I'm at work...if I go out of town for a few days I do power her down!...and I think if I had the bigger amps I would worry more about fires etc
post #2270 of 3553 Old 08-10-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

That's a good reason...power down here in south Florida is not bad
But some times I do worry when I'm at work...if I go out of town for a few days I do power her down!...and I think if I had the bigger amps I would worry more about fires etc

One thing I've never seen mentioned about leaving amps on...excess pollution from the circuits always being on.
I do not find it a big deal to turn on the amps manually. In my current setup, I am not using the trigger on the 2205A, as its not powering the L/R mains. Those are being powered by the Citation 19. And as I listen to stereo sources more than MC, no reason not to use the stereo power amp for the mains.
post #2271 of 3553 Old 08-10-2013, 04:14 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 275
My amps are actually always on standby which allows them to be turned on throughout the processor
post #2272 of 3553 Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

My amps are actually always on standby which allows them to be turned on throughout the processor
Same here wink.gif
post #2273 of 3553 Old 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Liked: 12
Does anyone have info on the 5250 V2 being discontinued? I cannot find anyone commenting on it anywhere. Several weeks ago my local dealer had them on what appeared to be a very low sale price. Now I see their website shows it discontinued. What can we expect for a replacement? I just got an Emotiva XPA5 Gen 2 but I am disappointed in its noisiness, transformer hum, and overall sound. It's going back. I listened to a 5250 V2 briefly and was impressed, but its build quality was garbage compared to the Emotiva XPA5 Gen 2. I hope that a new replacement is coming soon as I'd like to replace my Anthem PVA7 with something a bit more "musical."
post #2274 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post

Does anyone have info on the 5250 V2 being discontinued? I cannot find anyone commenting on it anywhere. Several weeks ago my local dealer had them on what appeared to be a very low sale price. Now I see their website shows it discontinued. What can we expect for a replacement? I just got an Emotiva XPA5 Gen 2 but I am disappointed in its noisiness, transformer hum, and overall sound. It's going back. I listened to a 5250 V2 briefly and was impressed, but its build quality was garbage compared to the Emotiva XPA5 Gen 2. I hope that a new replacement is coming soon as I'd like to replace my Anthem PVA7 with something a bit more "musical."

Call Parasound and ask for Richard. He will answer any question you have about the A52 and why it was discontinued.

415-397-7100

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
post #2275 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I heard it was discontinued because of slow or lack of sales and that was the only reason . It's a great performer I own one I also own the A21 and that's my favorite . But like posted above it would be best to contact Parasound to find out for sure why it was discontinued .
post #2276 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

I heard it was discontinued because of slow or lack of sales and that was the only reason . It's a great performer I own one I also own the A21 and that's my favorite . But like posted above it would be best to contact Parasound to find out for sure why it was discontinued .

That is a very good reason to stop making a product wink.gif

I believe the A53 was also discontinued for the same reason.
They just sold many more A51's.

I am thrilled with the performance of the A51 with my Salons.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #2277 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 88
My Black A51s are doing great with:

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #2278 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is a very good reason to stop making a product wink.gif

I believe the A53 was also discontinued for the same reason.
They just sold many more A51's.

I am thrilled with the performance of the A51 with my Salons.

- Rich
That's exactly how I feel about my A21 . I originally bought it for my 2ch setup and thought I'd use it in my main HT setup until my 2ch was complete and picked up My Dynaudio 160s that I own now. But it sounded so good powering my front stage Left & Right Klipsch RF7IIs I haven't been able to get myself to implement it as planned for my Dyns lol. Some day I guess biggrin.gif
That also would make sense why the A53 would be discontinued like the A52 .
post #2279 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Since were having Show and Tell heres my Black Beauty A21 and its little Cousin A52 biggrin.gif
post #2280 of 3553 Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Champagne still rules! biggrin.gif

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version