Advertisement

post #2432 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Just curious ........... how many amplifiers are actually made in the USA?

According to a 2012 Stereophile article:

"The Mark Levinson brand is now headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana, at the Crown Audio facility, another Harman-owned brand. The No.53 ($25,000 each; $50,000/pair) is Mark Levinson's first new Reference series monoblock since the No.33, way back in 1993, when Madrigal owned the company. Like other Mark Levinson products, it is manufactured at an independent facility in Massachusetts."

Of course, it's hard to argue with Parasound's build quality and sound, but I still hate to hear about so many US companies outsourcing their products.

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
post #2433 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post

For some reason they do not show where they are made anywhere in product pictures on their website. They only show the US text. It was hard to search for where they are actually made. I find it strange the images are different from the actual product.
I don't think you can buy just the JBL SDP-40 outright. Synthesis dealers are about selling a complete solution, not the individual pieces.

Well that's the idea they try to sell, but in reality things aren't that way...

Check here as an example... I can buy the SDP-40 in a minute and for a great price:

http://bestofaudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=90&products_id=9704

This is only an example, but as you can see we can buy whatever we want in separates. But one of these days i will try the speakers from JBL Synthesis...
post #2434 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwv1080 View Post

According to a 2012 Stereophile article:

"The Mark Levinson brand is now headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana, at the Crown Audio facility, another Harman-owned brand. The No.53 ($25,000 each; $50,000/pair) is Mark Levinson's first new Reference series monoblock since the No.33, way back in 1993, when Madrigal owned the company. Like other Mark Levinson products, it is manufactured at an independent facility in Massachusetts."

Of course, it's hard to argue with Parasound's build quality and sound, but I still hate to hear about so many US companies outsourcing their products.
Good points but I think in Parasounds case "not for all" That being able to design there products in the USA but build them out of the country ables them to keep the costs down and offer the public a better product for a lesser price . Now again that's not the case for all manufactures that do that some not only cut cost building out of the USA but also in the parts, design and quality control . I thank Parasound for taking the avenue they have because it allowed me to own a amp at a quality and performance level I would normally not be able to afford smile.gif
audiofan1 and Torqdog like this.
post #2435 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Good points but I think in Parasounds case "not for all" That being able to design there products in the USA but build them out of the country ables them to keep the costs down and offer the public a better product for a lesser price . Now again that's not the case for all manufactures that do that some not only cut cost building out of the USA but also in the parts, design and quality control . I thank Parasound for taking the avenue they have because it allowed me to own a amp at a quality and performance level I would normally not be able to afford smile.gif

I couldn't have said it better, well said Sir wink.gif
TheFactor likes this.
post #2436 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

[/B]

I couldn't have said it better, well said Sir wink.gif
Thank you kindly smile.gif It was spoken from the heart .
post #2437 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

+2

All this talk of where it's made is kinda pointless. All anyone needs to know is that the amps are built like a brick s**thouse, sound excellent, are affordable, and are backed by a sound warranty and company to match. Add to that a customer service dept that is rivaled by none, an owner that personally responds to questions at all hours of the day including weekends and holidays makes Parasound the company to beat.

Disclaimer, I am not in any way affiliated with Parasound other than having a love for the sound they manufacture............in Taiwan of all places! wink.gifbiggrin.gif
TheFactor likes this.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
post #2438 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 766
As one of the thousands of parasound amp owners who dont live in the usa. I could care less if its made in us or Taiwan . From my dealings with Richard I can't fathom him ever having a factory with sweat shop conditions . He is too classy.
TheFactor likes this.
post #2439 of 3604 Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the P5 information & pictures.
I have been looking for just that information for ages!
Thanks also for the latest predicted availability.
Looking forward to when it does become available.
Looking forward to seeing a review as well.
Thanks again.
Bruce
post #2440 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

As one of the thousands of parasound amp owners who dont live in the usa. I could care less if its made in us or Taiwan . From my dealings with Richard I can't fathom him ever having a factory with sweat shop conditions . He is too classy.

Guess that's not what the discussion is about. What matters here is that usually "Made in Japan" for example means more care on assembly and better products than "Made in China" or "Taiwan".

And don't go for the "classy" because Apple guys are also classy and in China they make 8000 iphones per day without conditions. But those are other stories, and they are not called here.

I personally don't believe that the components go from USA to Taiwan, they are manufactured there.

But, like i said, that is not going to be a reason for my not to buy, and besides, they put only a small sticker below the power socket that i will remove right away.
biggrin.gif:)
post #2441 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Guess that's not what the discussion is about. What matters here is that usually "Made in Japan" for example means more care on assembly and better products than "Made in China" or "Taiwan".

And don't go for the "classy" because Apple guys are also classy and in China they make 8000 iphones per day without conditions. But those are other stories, and they are not called here.

I personally don't believe that the components go from USA to Taiwan, they are manufactured there.

But, like i said, that is not going to be a reason for my not to buy, and besides, they put only a small sticker below the power socket that i will remove right away.
biggrin.gif:)

And how does that change anything?? You and everyone else still knows where Parasound amps are made.

Face the facts! Ever since NAFTA, US industries have run from the US shores. The overall quality of any given brand is strictly determined by the company's oversight of manufacturing...not where that manufacturing takes place.
Torqdog likes this.
post #2442 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post

And how does that change anything?? You and everyone else still knows where Parasound amps are made. Face the facts! Ever since NAFTA, US industries have run from the US shores. The overall quality of any given brand is strictly determined by the company's oversight of manufacturing...not where that manufacturing takes place.

Yes, it is even better if they own their own manufacturing plants, like B&W group that includes Classe, Rotel and B&W
post #2443 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Yes, it is even better if they own their own manufacturing plants, like B&W group that includes Classe, Rotel and B&W

About a decade ago I did some work for a guy who's job was to advise companies what would be the best location for a plant, depending on the product being built. He told me that even in China, the companies who put out the best products were the ones who had hands on supervision. As opposed to the companies who left the QC until after the products were shipped to the States.
And maybe shared a manufacturing plant with other brands.
Certainly makes sense.
post #2444 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM

I am not trying to play the "good guy" here by posting that comment, just saying...
But as i referred i am going to buy Parasound anyway, that is not something that will stop me. Besides if we were in Parasound place we would do the same to low our costs.
post #2445 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 766
When you.get it let.us know.how.it sounds
post #2446 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Wells guys I think today will be the day I hook my A21 up to my 2ch setup . It's been running my fronts in my HT. I was waiting for my NAD 326bee to burn in which btw has done a fine job powering my power hungry 4ohm Dynaudio focus 160s . I'm going use the NAD as a pre/amp I'm thinking it should sound pretty good with the A21 .EDIT : My 356 bee oops lol
post #2447 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

Wells guys I think today will be the day I hook my A21 up to my 2ch setup . It's been running my fronts in my HT. I was waiting for my NAD 326bee to burn in which btw has done a fine job powering my power hungry 4ohm Dynaudio focus 160s . I'm going use the NAD as a pre/amp I'm thinking it should sound pretty good with the A21 .

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon wink.gif
Chime in on the results!
post #2448 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon wink.gif
Chime in on the results!
For sure I'm just getting ready to start the transformation biggrin.gif
post #2449 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Well just finished the switch I'm beyond words really wasnt expecting this big of a difference . The NAD 356bee is a fine IA but felt my Dyn 160s would prosper from the power and finess of the A21 . I'm now using the NAD as a Pre/amp and letting the A21 handle providing the power and what a great combo they really mate well . I'm listening to some Nils Lofgren Acoustic live and what a treat ! The sound stage got bigger really spread out nice , more detail . All the instruments sounds like there farther apart and silky smooth . I especially noticed it with some Miles Davis and Chick Corea . It looks like the A21 will be staying with my 2ch setup biggrin.gif What a strong performer this A21 is it really stepped up to the plate and made a huge difference . That says a lot to because I was very happy with my NAD but just had to see what the Halo could do . It didn't disappoint !
Torqdog likes this.
post #2450 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well just finished the switch I'm beyond words really wasnt expecting this big of a difference . The NAD 356bee is a fine IA but felt my Dyn 160s would prosper from the power and finess of the A21 . I'm now using the NAD as a Pre/amp and letting the A21 handle providing the power and what a great combo they really mate well . I'm listening to some Nils Lofgren Acoustic live and what a treat ! The sound stage got bigger really spread out nice , more detail . All the instruments sounds like there farther apart and silky smooth . I especially noticed it with some Miles Davis and Chick Corea . It looks like the A21 will be staying with my 2ch setup biggrin.gif What a strong performer this A21 is it really stepped up to the plate and made a huge difference . That says a lot to because I was very happy with my NAD but just had to see what the Halo could do . It didn't disappoint !
Ah c'mon Factor dude..........don't you know that amps all sound the same! LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

In all seriousness, it sounds like you have allot of CD revisiting ahead of you. smile.gif
TheFactor likes this.

post #2451 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah c'mon Factor dude..........don't you know that amps all sound the same! LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

In all seriousness, it sounds like you have allot of CD revisiting ahead of you. smile.gif
LoL my bad what was I thinking eek.gif
Yes and I'm doing some revisiting as we speak biggrin.gif I love it how when you make changes for the better and it's like getting new music all over again hearing things you haven't heard before and what you have heard sounds better . It's very rewarding in our Hobby because theres so many twists and turns in our learning curve a long the way. .
Torqdog likes this.
post #2452 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LoL my bad what was I thinking eek.gif
Yes and I'm doing some revisiting as we speak biggrin.gif I love it how when you make changes for the better and it's like getting new music all over again hearing things you haven't heard before and what you have heard sounds better . It's very rewarding in our Hobby because theres so many twists and turns in our learning curve a long the way. .
True that.........I can't tell you how many times I thought for sure I had my system ultimately dialed in only to read something here on AVS and apply that to my system and voila, mo bettah all over again. This hobby is just one big ass learning curve if you're willing to be humble enough to accept the fact that you may not have things ultimately dialed in and are willing to experiment.

Don't get to lost in your re-visitations and do come out once in awhile and get something to eat! biggrin.gif
TheFactor likes this.

post #2453 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

True that.........I can't tell you how many times I thought for sure I had my system ultimately dialed in only to read something here on AVS and apply that to my system and voila, mo bettah all over again. This hobby is just one big ass learning curve if you're willing to be humble enough to accept the fact that you may not have things ultimately dialed in and are willing to experiment.

Don't get to lost in your re-visitations and do come out once in awhile and get something to eat! biggrin.gif
So true I was fighting changing out the A21 from my HT it sounded so good there and was really happy with my little NAD for 2 ch . But I kept feeling it was a waste since I do more critical listening for 2 ch music and I was leaving some performance on the table .On paper the A21 should take no prisoners and it didn't biggrin.gif
I did big break away very briefly to throw a chicken wrap in the microwave tongue.gif
post #2454 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Well that's the idea they try to sell, but in reality things aren't that way...

Check here as an example... I can buy the SDP-40 in a minute and for a great price:

http://bestofaudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=90&products_id=9704

This is only an example, but as you can see we can buy whatever we want in separates. But one of these days i will try the speakers from JBL Synthesis...

That is not an official dealer and therefore not the same thing. There is absolutely no warranty for anything you buy at that site. This is a known unauthorized dealer for nearly ever audio product they claim to have in stock. The goods are likely used, stolen, or acquired via other illicit means. The domain is registered out of Pakistan. Seems legit. rolleyes.gif
post #2455 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is not an official dealer and therefore not the same thing. There is absolutely no warranty for anything you buy at that site. This is a known unauthorized dealer for nearly ever audio product they claim to have in stock. The goods are likely used, stolen, or acquired via other illicit means. The domain is registered out of Pakistan. Seems legit. rolleyes.gif
Yikes ! That would not be good eek.gif
post #2456 of 3604 Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:

WOW! Tanks
I don't know how to check out those things, i tought it was a USA website.
post #2457 of 3604 Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

WOW! Tanks
I don't know how to check out those things, i tought it was a USA website.

Google. wink.gif You can usually find a registrar record for domain name registrations. This is called a whois domain lookup. I don't know how accurate some of them are.

It isn't uncommon for these sites to operate out of another country. A big giveaway is not allow any local pickup / interaction. Searching for the website domain usually gives a thread of other people asking if the site is legit. There was a past thread on AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1265469/best-of-audio-legit

They also appear on audio manufactures known list of unauthorized vendors. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these websites are run by the same people and they keep changing the names.
post #2458 of 3604 Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:

Yes i am sure the C1 and C2 are amazoing processors, but very dated. My Pioneer SC-LX90 i am sure is much superior and has everything i need. Doesn't do 3D, but i don't like 3D, will not invest my money on that.
I will use the Parasound amps, thn i will see what i will do...

But it's a bit a pitty that the A51 is "Made in Taiwan"...mad.gif

I don't know if the JC1 is also made in taiwan...because to make a Home Theater of JC1's..give me a break! With that cash i have the Datasat RA7300 and for less. I am 100% int movies, not music at all.

All Parasound products, speakers aside, are made in Taiwan under close supervision of Richard and pals. If you like the bang for the buck aspect of their stuff than you have to deal with the fact that they are not made in the USA.
TheFactor likes this.

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
post #2459 of 3604 Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFWarrior View Post

All Parasound products, speakers aside, are made in Taiwan under close supervision of Richard and pals. If you like the bang for the buck aspect of their stuff than you have to deal with the fact that they are not made in the USA.
I've come to the conclusion regardless of the product some folks will never be happy so they'll find out what they can to satisfy there need . Fortunately with Parasound in regards to there amps that's the only thing they can say lol . In all my years I've never seen a single product on a forum that didn't get bashed and that says a lot .
WAFWarrior likes this.
post #2460 of 3604 Old 08-29-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Bump !!!! Who loves there Parasound ? We can start with me biggrin.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Parasound , Parasound Products Inc , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp

User Tag List