AVS Forum banner
904K views 7K replies 702 participants last post by  chise1960 
#1 ·
I looked around and see no actual Parasound owners thread, lots of off shoots, like an a51 thread and the sort but no official PARASOUND thread, so this is it! We welcome all into here that are looking, have questions about, want to buy, or want to talk about Parasound Halo, New Classic and Z series! Benefits of coming in here is finding out about new things (we've been a Parasound Halo dealer for over 6 years and have a very good one on one relationship with them) getting questions answered and talking to others and getting real life experience... i may be able to coax the Parasound guys to pop in here every so often too :) Remember keep in clean, keep it friendly and my mailbox is always open so shoot me a PM or email if you need to i answer usually within an hour or two!

Thanks for stopping in!

#6,408 ·
A21 was around long time before being replaced; must be at least 15 years

#6,411 ·
Hello, Parasound peeps!

Putting together a home theater system for my new house currently being built and just picked up an A51 & A21 from a forum member.

Only doing a 5.2 setup and using the A51 for that.

Energy RC-70’s up front and Energy RC-LCR for center.

Undecided on rears as I have a pair of RC-10’s NIB but I think I want to to do towers for the rear as I have tons of room.

Owned a Parasound back in 2001 when I worked at TheGoodGuys! And got sick accommodation pricing. Sold it after a year, though.

#6,412 ·
I have been using a 2205 for about 20 years without any problems.
Recently I noticed that the stereo image from my front left/right speakers had drifted to the left.
I adjusted the amplifier gain for the channel about 1/4 turn and that solved the problem.

However when I turned on the amplifier the next day, the image had shifted to the right, so I restored the channel gain.
A few hours later I noticed that the image had shifted back to the left again.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what might be causing this?

#6,413 ·
After further investigation I discovered that the right front speaker had a disconnected driver. I think this created an unusual load for the amplifier. Fortunately it should not be too difficult to repair. I hope my amplifier won’t need to be repaired as well.

#6,414 ·
Hi there peeps,

WAFWarrior/Mr. Schram

Have enjoyed my Parasound A52 for many years with my Def Tech 7002 and CLR 2500. And the A52 is plenty and amazing with them on music and movies. Thinking very seriously after listening to the Goldenear Triton One.R and Triton Ref Center Channel to upgrade in a new 18 by 15 living room in a new house ..I would imagine that my existing A52 should have no problems running the new tritons to nice levels as I don’t want to immediately have to buy a new larger Para amp .. (maybe someday). Is this accurate, ? as I know the Tritons while designed by Mr Gross are not exactly the same as the old BP series but they share similar tonal characteristics (powered built in subs etc) and they seem to also be an easy load on the amp from what I understand ... Any further insight or info would be appreciated ..By the way Richard is a great guy and helped me with info when I first upgraded to the Parasound A52 almost 8 years ago.. going from a nice Yamaha receiver ...it’s an amazing external amp
and then some (now using a Yamaha AV preamp stage). Thanks Richard and WAFWarrior sirs!!

Mike

🙂

#6,423 ·
I suggest giving Richard a call some time toward the end of next week. ( we are currently setting up at CEDIA in Denver, CO) He would be happy to jump in and give you his recommendations. He is good friends with Sandy and can give you all the info you would ever want.

#6,415 ·
Hello need some help to understand how to use the gain control on the back of the parasound halo amps i have the A-31.
Is there a best setting..? I have a reciver and use the volume for each speaker in the reciver. Should i set the gain on full on the back of the parasound or half way..? Whats best and what could be bad or Good setting them on full or half..?

All help appriciates..:)

#6,424 ·
Are there reasons why I shouldn't rack the Parasound JC1 like in the attachment instead of setting it up flat? I am trying to solve for lack of space in my existing rack and space is limited if I set it up flat.

Attachments

#6,425 ·
I am utterly confused by this post. ☺

#6,430 ·
Hello
Parasound a52 this is still good amp? I wanna to try and connect with my onkyo rz810 .. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Of course it is still a great amp!

#6,431 ·
I am considering buying parasound amp used but as you know there is no warranty.

Just wondering if anyone have sent it to San Francisco to repair? I heard the repair charge is quite alot (what kind of things is not pricey in SF?). Although San Francisco is drivable distance to me so at least no shipping.

Just occurred to me their stuff is built in Taiwan so they probably swap in boards or whatever needed.

(Unlike Anthem where I probably have to ship a heavy amp diagonally across north america to Ontario Canada)

#6,434 ·
Check on our website under the products page and in the Specs tab.

http://www.parasound.com/hint6.php

Preamplifier Stage Input Sensitivity
300 mV in for 1 V at Preamp Output jacks
Total Preamp Stage Gain: 10 dB
Max Output Unbalanced: 7 V
Max Output Balanced: 9 V

http://www.parasound.com/a23+.php

Input Sensitivity for 28.28 V Out (8 Ω Load)
Unbalanced: 1 V
Balanced: 1 V per leg

#6,437 · (Edited)
Hey Fabio,
Perhaps I can shed some light on your question.

Currently I have Focal Aria 948...not quite the Electra....driven by a Parasound A21. However; in my 15x25' L shaped listening room I am continually amazed often time stunned by how beautifully detailed layered with great spacial retrieval and depth my system is able to portray...Harsh, thin never spoken here. Perhaps a very small amount while burning in my 948s...notice in my signature that I'm using
Nordost Red Dawn ics and speaker cables...which in of themselves have let more dynamics
come through. No brightness or harshness

All this to point out that Parasound - Focal do make a great combo. At 91.5db sensitivity in a moderate size room at normal say 80db spl the Hint 6 could be the ticket...the one draw back could be that depth
of image in soundstage may not be as great as with an A21 given the A21's greater # of amps available.

It seems the Hint 6 and the Electra could make great music together.

Though it may not be easy...try to hear a Parasound - Electra combo and get a feel for this...see how well this might suit you.

I just checked the Hint 6 specs and it is rated at 45 amps peak/ channel...which in my thinking makes
for a very stout amp section in the Hint 6...way to go Parasound. My thinking is that the Hint 6 would do very well with Electra 1028be...

Please let us know how all this works out for you!!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Fabio-RS
#6,438 ·
Has anyone here changed the fuses in the JC3+? Nothing came back in the search as the only fuse talk I found was back in 2016 and wasn’t concerning the JC3+.

There are 2 internal fuses and 1 rear panel fuse. Maybe someone has done this but hasn’t posted about it?

Thanks

#6,439 ·
Are you looking for Fuse value information? It is unclear from your posting.

#6,443 ·
Question for you WafWarrior re: hifi tuning fuses.

I have been enjoying my A21 for about 3 years of wounderful enjoyment. I am considering tuning fuses for the main fuse. The main fuse appears to be rated at 12 amps...tuning fuses at 12.5 amps.

My concern is that the extra .5 amp fuse capacity could compromise my amp 's safety.
Your thought regarding this .5 extra amp rating would be appreciated as I would like to try this one
very simple upgrade, but not at the risk of my amps safety.

Thank you WafWarrior for your input.

#6,447 · (Edited)
"Your whole system will sound better, faster and more accurate across the line. Dynamics improve, transients sound quicker with greater energy and inter-note separation improves as well. For instance, a plucked string instrument will have greater snap and realism without sacrificing definition. The improvements are very audible almost immediately."

;)

#6,463 ·
Question:
I went to an audio shop in New York to look for a silver A52 5 channel Parasound to replace my ancient 2205.

They didn't seem to have any. Are these amps no longer made?

Also, I checked Parasound's website and didn't see it on the site. I did see a A52+. This didn't have the lighted 'P' logo. Is this a new model?

#6,465 ·
Welcome to the JC 1+!!!

https://parasound.com/jc1+.php

Changes from the JC 1 to JC 1+
400 → 450 Watts @ 8Ω
800 → 850 Watts @ 4Ω
1200 → 1300 Watts @ 2Ω
Filter capacitance: 132,000 → 198,000 uF
Transformer capacity: 1.9 → 2.1 kVA
Output transistors: 18 → 24 Sanken 60Mz devices
Peak current: 135 → 180 amps
Weight: 64 → 83 lbs net
Bybee Music Rails™ active high frequency noise filters
John Curl driver stage employs a new cascode circuit design
FR-408 input circuit board material improves HF signal integrity
Gain switch to select 29 dB or 23 dB of gain
R-core power transformer for input stage
Input circuit board is shielded
Double thickness copper on output/power supply circuit boards
Gold-plated internal audio signal path connectors
Custom CHK Infinium speaker binding posts
Looping Neutrik XLR output for easier bi-amping
Front panel power indicator LED
Updated auto turn on circuits with 3.5mm 12V trigger jacks

#6,467 ·
Welcome to the JC 1+!!!

https://parasound.com/jc1+.php

Changes from the JC 1 to JC 1+

400 → 450 Watts @ 8Ω

800 → 850 Watts @ 4Ω

1200 → 1300 Watts @ 2Ω

Filter capacitance: 132,000 → 198,000 uF

Transformer capacity: 1.9 → 2.1 kVA

Output transistors: 18 → 24 Sanken 60Mz devices

Peak current: 135 → 180 amps

Weight: 64 → 83 lbs net

Bybee Music Rails[emoji769] active high frequency noise filters

John Curl driver stage employs a new cascode circuit design

FR-408 input circuit board material improves HF signal integrity

Gain switch to select 29 dB or 23 dB of gain

R-core power transformer for input stage

Input circuit board is shielded

Double thickness copper on output/power supply circuit boards

Gold-plated internal audio signal path connectors

Custom CHK Infinium speaker binding posts

Looping Neutrik XLR output for easier bi-amping

Front panel power indicator LED

Updated auto turn on circuits with 3.5mm 12V trigger jacks

Sweet! Assuming the bias options stay the same, 10 and 25 watts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk