Cool to see this thread is still going. I'm posting here because my AVR is beginning a new life as a game center receiver for my kids, but I've run into some problems.
So far, I have the following hooked up to it:
- PC via HDMI1
- Wii via component and optical on AV1 (using a PCM converter)
- Dreamcast via composite (AV5)
- GameCube via composite (AV6)
- Nintendo N64 via composite (front aux, for now)
- NES via composite (front aux, for now)
The NES and N64 won't output video... just audio. I've tried them on different inputs (ice AV5 and AV6), but it's the same result.
Ironically, the GameCube and N64 use the exact same connector, but the GC works and the N64 doesn't.
Any tips? I'm considering getting some sort of AV switch, as I have too many inputs for the V665's composite inputs to handle, so maybe something like that could be factored into a solution...