Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-11-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I currently have a Denon AVR-3805 which I love to death and I'm finally jumping onto the 7.1 "lossless" bandwagon. I was able to pick up an "Open Box" Panasonic DMP-BD55K from Newegg.com and now I'm looking to purchase a refurbished Denon DVD-2930ci off eBay for my DVD-Audio & SACD endeavors (albeit late to the game).

I was wondering the following however:

1. How much am I missing out using the analog outputs of the Panasonic DMP-BD55K to feed into the Denon AVR-3805 versus a "newer" Denon that does Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD natively or using HDMI to send LPCM over HDMI from the DMP-BD55K to say a Denon AVR-3806? I really couldn't find any subjective reviews on the subject of using the analog outputs on the Blu-Ray player. I'm sure the DACs in the AVR-3805 are significantly better than the ones in the DMP-BD55K, but wanted to know if anyone has any honest subjective opinions on what I'm missing out.

2. With the Denon DVD-2930ci using Denon Link to the AVR-3805 for SACD's and DVD-Audio discs, is there something comparable or better with all the new Denon AVR's coming out? Is it marginally better or significantly better?

I use Triad LCR's for my fronts, a Linn Subwoofer and some In-Ceiling Polks for the surrounds. And with some DTS Music DVD's and some DVD's with decent DTS soundtracks, I've been extremely impressed with the SQ. I just want to make sure that the "late" upgrades I'm doing are worth it versus just upgrading the Denon AVR-3805 to something newer.

Thanks in advance for any advice & suggestions!

Cheers,
Kermee

Cheers, Kermee
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page