Denon AVR-1908 - No analog video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried searching the forum and went through he official thread but didn't find a solution. If I have missed it, feel free to point me in the right direction.

I cannot seem to configure my receiver to output analog video. I have a mix of digital video, digital audio, analog video, and analog audio. I have component, composite, and HDMI cables running from the Monitor out to my TV but still seem to have little luck. This is a diagram of the back panel and my setup:

Denon back panel and setup

I am using HDMI for the DVD and Cable Box. I am using component for my game console. I am using composite for my MP3 player. I get audio for all sources but no video for the MP3 player or the game console.

I am not trying to convert my analog sources to HDMI. I have dedicated cables and don't mind using them. I just seem to be having a problem determining just what needs to be assigned.

I have determined that the problem lies with the receiver and not the cables, the TV, or the sources.

What other information can I provide so that someone might be able to give me some ideas on which sections of the manual or which menu items I need to research? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

I just found batpig's setup guide and will give that a try. In the meantime, any help will still be greatly appreciated.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-01-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Although batpig's guide is useful, I still seem to be having problems. In part because the guide caters to an OSD but without the analog video, I believe I cannot get to some options for assignment.

I stripped the setup to a bare minimum and have only a single stereo analog device plugged in and only RCA composite out to the TV. My hope was to at least get the OSD so I could match it more closely with the guide. Regardless of input, I still cannot seem to get video. I have used the AUX jacks on the front with an A/V cable plugged into my MP3 player. Even with this simple setup, I get stereo sound and no video.

I'm really at a loss on this. Any ideas?

Is there a way to reset the receiver back to factory defaults? I also thought starting from scratch might be an option at this point but holding Speaker A + B while turning the unit on doesn't set all settings to defaults.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page