The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR607 Thread - Page 89 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #2641 of 2659 Old 11-09-2016, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRpaulorossi View Post
maxblast72,

I noticed that you solve the problem with the display, on the Onkyo, by change a resistor... I?ve decided to try to change the damn resistor myself ...
Can you help me by answer a few questions???

- I read that the receiver is located below the hdmi board, right?
- When I take the hdmi board is easy to see the resistor? any chance to mistake it with other resistor ? Or that are just the one I need to replace?
- Do you have any photos of the interior? Of the resistor? Or it?s location?

Sorry to bother you but I?m determined to restore my display and i can use all the help i can get ...

Thanks a lot !!!
Hello!
Recently I've fixed 2 of 3 problems of my Onkyo TX-SR607:
1) Partly missing HDMI signal caused by bad capacitors on the HDMI board of the receiver.
2) Front display indication absence.

So I can answer Your questions:
1) Yes, the Video PC Board (BСVD-0038 in my case) with the resistor needed to be changed is located under the HDMI board of the receiver.
That means only one ugly thing - You will have to remove HDMI board first and Video PC board second to be able to change the resistor ((( It's not too hard, but a bit delicate job.
Please, bear in mind to gentle disconnect all of the connectors of both boards (HDMI and Video PC) and one more thing: to remove the BCVD-0038 board a few bolts should be removed from the left side of the rear panel of Onkyo TX-SR607. When it will be possible to bend rear panel a little bit so it would be enough for the BCVD-0038 removal.

2) Yes, the needed resistor is clearly seen on the Video PC board when the HDMI board is removed, but for proper resoldering of this resistor the Video PC board should be removed too.

3) Yes, please take a look into the attachments for usefull photos, but be alerted, what Your version of the Video PC board could be different as the marker of the needed resistor. In my case only the R9010 resistor was resoldered for the front display revival.

As for now my Onkyo's TX-SR607 front display is working fine and I wish You and all other guys, who had faced such a problem, a great luck in the resolving of it.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English ))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #054.png
Views:	182
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1761585   Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #053.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	1761593   Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #052.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	1761601   Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #051.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1761609   Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #049.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	1761617  

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #048.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	1761625  
PRpaulorossi likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2659 Old 11-09-2016, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tianuchka,

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!
Your explanation and your pics are perfect for me ... It´ll help me a lot ...
I believe than now I´m ready to get to work and revive my display !!!

PS: Your english is just fine, just like mine ...
post #2643 of 2659 Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Tianuchka,

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!
Your explanation and your pics are perfect for me ... It´ll help me a lot ...
I believe than now I´m ready to get to work and revive my display !!!

PS: Your english is just fine, just like mine ...
Dear PRpaulorossi!

I'm glad, if my info was useful for You.
But before any try to resolder the R9010 resistor on the Video PC Board I'd like to suggest You to measure the resistance between two contacts of the R9010 with the digital multimeter or tester.
It could be done even when the Video PС Board is still connected inside the receiver, which must be switched off and disconnected from the power network of course!!!
If R9010 is bad, than there won't be any resistance between it's contacts but the tester will show the short circuit.

The neighboring diode could be tested the same way, but in one position of the tester's sticks there will be some resistance/voltage and in another, when You switch "+" (usually Red) and "-" (usually Black) sticks of the tester, it will show something like ".OL" on the display of the digital tester.

All of this will be useful to understand, if it R9010 or D9001 is bad in Your case or may be even both of them are needed to be changed ))
I wish You luck and I hope it helps You!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #056.png
Views:	100
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1762425   Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Pro Screen Capture #055.png
Views:	83
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1762433  
PRpaulorossi likes this.

post #2644 of 2659 Old 11-10-2016, 12:52 AM

Tianuchka,

Many thanks !!! I can´t thank you enough !!!

Can I ask you for the specs of the mentioned diode?
Do you have any photo of the other side of the Video PC Board, so I could better understand where I should solde the resistor?

THANKS A LOT !!!
post #2645 of 2659 Old 11-10-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Tianuchka,

Many thanks !!! I can´t thank you enough !!!

Can I ask you for the specs of the mentioned diode?
Do you have any photo of the other side of the Video PC Board, so I could better understand where I should solde the resistor?

THANKS A LOT !!!
Dear PRpaulorossi!

To my regret I don't know the specs of the D9001 diode. I haven't noticed all the marks on it when I was resoldering R9010.
And I haven't done any photos of Video PC board's back side, but there are just two contact points of the R9010 resistor on the back side. It won't make You any trouble to remove it with the soldering iron if You are familiar with soldering even a little.
PRpaulorossi likes this.
post #2646 of 2659 Old 11-11-2016, 04:05 AM

Tianuchka, thanks again.

I ´ll try change the resistor and hope for the best ... If it doesn´t solve the problem I´ll try to change the mentioned diode.
Thanks for your enormous help !!!
post #2647 of 2659 Old 11-11-2016, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
My 607 sounded like it has been in the rice krispies . I got a loud crackle ( no snap or pop )on the rt front speaker only like you were attempting to connect an amp to a speaker with the volume all the way up. It did it one day and then it stopped quickly as I was trying to turn down the volume which was only like 21 . Then a couple days later it did it again and went to stand by . I unplugged it for a minute and tried it again only to go back to stand by in a few seconds. Is it time for the can , I have owned it since the model came out .
Mine did the exact same thing. Same speaker and everything. Don't suppose you found a way to fix it?
post #2648 of 2659 Old 11-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Sorry I didn't . It went in the trash can .
post #2649 of 2659 Old 12-03-2016, 10:13 AM

Tianuchka,

Thanks to your explanations and pics i have my display WORKING !!!
I just followed your inputs and everything went fine ...
THANKS A LOT !!!

I still don´t have OSD but I´ll try to solve that latter, for now I´ll be enjoying the return of my display ...
post #2650 of 2659 Old 12-03-2016, 11:31 AM

Talking

Quote:
Tianuchka,

Thanks to your explanations and pics i have my display WORKING !!!
I just followed your inputs and everything went fine ...
THANKS A LOT !!!

I still don´t have OSD but I´ll try to solve that latter, for now I´ll be enjoying the return of my display ...
Dear PRpaulorossi!
I'm very glad to be helpful.
I wish You good luck!
post #2651 of 2659 Old 12-08-2016, 06:12 AM

Hi Tianuchka,

Sorry to bother you again and so soon... But did you solve the problem with the OSD ?!!?!?

Did you change the 5 capacitadors?
Do you know the specs so I could buy them?
Do you know or have photos of the ones I should replace? I can see the ones I need to change in the video, posted in the thread, but it would be nice to have your input ...

Many thanks !!!
post #2652 of 2659 Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Tianuchka,

Sorry to bother you again and so soon... But did you solve the problem with the OSD ?!!?!?

Did you change the 5 capacitadors?
Do you know the specs so I could buy them?
Do you know or have photos of the ones I should replace? I can see the ones I need to change in the video, posted in the thread, but it would be nice to have your input ...

Many thanks !!!
Dear PRpaulorossi!
I haven't yet fixed my OSD ((
I have changed 5 100uF 4V capacitors to fix my HDMI signal problem but it didn't fixed the OSD.
I'm planning to change all the rest 470uF 16V and 220uF 4V capacitors on the HDMI-board but I haven't bought them yet too.
Be sure if I fix what problem with the OSD, I will post a reply here in this thread )))
post #2653 of 2659 Old 12-08-2016, 11:08 PM

Hi Tianuchka,

Thanks again.
Hope you could solve your problem.

Best regards.
post #2654 of 2659 Old 01-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

I brought a second hand Onkyo SR607 a week ago, it was working fine (apart from the issue I couldn't get the OSD working (decided to just calibrate via SPL meter) though I only needed it to process the Audio from my UHD Blu-ray Player), anyway watched about 4 movies on it and worked flawless apart from a few issues with a subwoofer I was using.

Finally fixed the issue with the subwoofer today, decided to watch Game of Thrones on Cable TV and a pop type noise started to happen (same noise as say when a subwoofer hits standby) on my Front Right Channel. The more warmer the Onkyo got, the more often this pop would occur. I tried connecting it directly into the wall outlet, double checked all speaker connections, then swapped the Left and Right over (which is still in the right channel). Now quite frustrated as I just needed to use this for a couple weeks until I upgrade to a HDMI 2.0a receiver brand new. Is there any way to fix it without taking it to a Service Center? I sent a email off to one of them and the repair cost is more than what I paid for the amp (plus will set me back in getting the new amp).

I managed to fix my really old Yamaha amp which wasn't powering up by replacing a capacitor, wonder if there is a similar fix without needing a new board? Otherwise I might have to cut my losses Very devastated.

Going to try another pair of speakers tomorrow and also a cooling solution as the next solution.

Update: Tried a laptop cooling pad and its 90% gone. It does happen but rarely compared to before. Can live with it.

Last edited by ADstv; 01-13-2017 at 12:57 AM.
post #2655 of 2659 Old 01-28-2017, 01:05 PM

Liked: 11
Thanks!. Just replaced the resistor and diode in my TX-SR607 and my LED display has sprung back to life!.
post #2656 of 2659 Old 03-10-2017, 03:31 AM

Hi,

I have problem with my ps4 and onkyo sr607 receiver. I bought last week ps4 slim glacier white and when I was connected it to onkyo there was only sound (multichannel) but no picture.
I tried to connect directly hdmi to TV and it worked fine. Tv audio is connected optical to onkyo and sound is stereo.
Only one input is working (hdmi 3) now, about two weeks ago hdmi 1 and 3 worked.
Ps3, bluray, Pc working fine with hdmi 3 but no Ps4. Changed ps4 and onkyo setup but not still working.
Tested ps4 with two other receiver (onkyo sr709 and yamaha) and worked very fine.
I have sanyo plv-z700 connected hdmi output to onkyo but not working neither then I changed hdmi cables but nothing. Picture still missing.
I tried everything but still something is wrong, hope someone have solution for this or I have to buy new receiver.
post #2657 of 2659 Old 03-19-2017, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
** SEEKING 3D COMPATIBILITY HELP **

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted on this forum, but I was hoping someone could chime in with some possible answers. For H.T., I'm using a samsung plasma, an older Oppo BDP-83, a cheapie Sony 3D blu-ray player, and the Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver. I typically use the Oppo but occasionally the Oppo (perhaps in combination with the Onkyo receiver) has problems playing Lionsgate movies that are mastered in Dolby Atmos. Oddly enough, the cheapie Sony plays these discs through the Onkyo without a hitch and I get terrific lossless audio (even though it's downgraded to 5.1).

So question #1 - Is the Oppo player the problem or is it the Onkyo receiver? Would the purchase of a Denon AVS alleviate the issue my BDP-83 is having with the Lionsgate blu-rays?

===

The more important reason why I'm posting on this thread is I'm suddenly having difficulty with the 3D HDMI connections. We recently moved, and the last time we played a 3D movie was at our previous residence. I can't remember exactly what I did, but we were 100% able to view 3D movies using the Sony 3D player. The plasma is 3D compatible with active glasses, and (believe it or not) I'm certain we had everything connected through this Onkyo receiver. I've read reports this receiver was not 3D compatible, yet everything worked fine. I'm also fairly certain I wasn't compromising sound by using a digital coax (or fiber optic) because one movie that I know we played was the animated film "Monsters vs. Aliens" - and there is no Dolby Digital or DTS option on this disc (just the lossless track).

So I'm wondering what the heck happened between how things were in the past versus after the move? The only 2 things I can think of is that I purchased high speed right angle HDMI plugs and upgraded the firmware to the cheapie Sony blu-ray player. I tried switching back to the previous Mediabridge high speed cable (but still no love). I doubt I can switch the blu-ray player back to the older firmware.

So what is currently happening...

I have the blu-ray player connected to the Onkyo, then HDMI out to the TV. I set the TV option to 3D, but instead of 2 options (3d or 2d) I get 4... as if it was for gaming (but also including "simple 3D"). As the movie starts, the 3D is not correct. It starts at the base at the bottom and slants backwards. When I try to watch the movie in 3D it comes with an error message "must have a 3D compatible TV and player".

If I remove the HDMI cable from the receiver and plug straight into the TV the 3D works perfectly fine! I get the temporary 3D square logo at the bottom-left corner. The depth of the fields are correct (no more slanting from top to bottom or from bottom to top). I can select to watch the movie in 3D and it plays in 3D. But now I'm just watching the movie through the TV without the home theater audio.

I'm wondering if I may have connected a fiber optic optical out from the TV to the receiver for this purpose (assuming the TV downgrades lossless DTS Master Audio or True HD). I somehow doubt I connected it this way because I also remember watching John Wick 1 using the Sony (because the Oppo couldn't properly play it) and I'm 100% the audio was lossless! There's no mistaking the dynamic PUNCH with the lossless audio.

I tried various things with the setup on both the receiver and sony blu-ray player. But nothing seems to work anymore. Is it possible this is all happening as a result of my recent firmware upgrade? Has anyone else had success connecting a 3D blu-ray player through the Onkyo's HDMI ports and then out to the TV? There seems to be some discrepancies with 3D passthrough.
post #2658 of 2659 Old 06-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Can anyone help with my situation? Every time i power up the receiver, it keeps switching to the TV/TAPE input all the time. Nothing is plugged into that input and even when i switch to another input while the device is on, is switches back to the TV/TAPE input. Is it something i am overlooking or is it a problem with the receiver. Thank in advance for any help.
post #2659 of 2659 Old Today, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Is there a setting for power-on input? I'm not at my receiver to check, but there may be a setting like that.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr607 Receiver
Gear in this thread