Technics SU-G70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I found a Technics SU-G70 amplifier for $50 on craigslist in my area and I'm thinking about getting it, but I'd like to know a few details about it first. I tried finding the manual or some specs for it on the internet, but didn't find anything. Anyone know anything about it? Also, anyone have some general opinions about Technics amps of this age (seems to be an early 90's amp)? Are they good?

-Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Eric,

I just gave you all info about the Pioneer VSX-406! (1996 model.)

Now it's up to the Technics SU-G70?
And the SU at the beginning of the serial model # means that it is an Integrated Amp, 2-channel stereo, and it is not from the early 90's, but from the mid 80's.

Why are looking for such old Receivers and Integrated Amps?

You can find much more recent models that are much better for the same prices!

What are you up to?

Would you be interested to know which brand and model #'s are the best ones from the 70's or even the beginning of the 60's? I still have few left over in my garage.
About a turntable (78 rpm) from the 50's, or even the 40's? (Dad's garage.)

Bob
post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Bob. I've been looking for a cheap amp in the $50 range lately cause one of my stereos is starting to die and I want to replace it with something fairly simple. I've been searching on craigslist and I found that these late 80's / mid 90's amps are around that range.

I need something fairly powerful (around 100W/channel), so most of those older amps won't work for me (plus, lots of them are actually more expensive on craigslist). Also, I don't remember the last time that I used a record, so I don't need a turntable

Know any other info on this Technics amp, such as the power rating?

-Eric
post #4 of 6 Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer7 View Post

Hi. I found a Technics SU-G70 amplifier for $50 on craigslist in my area and I'm thinking about getting it, but I'd like to know a few details about it first. I tried finding the manual or some specs for it on the internet, but didn't find anything. Anyone know anything about it? Also, anyone have some general opinions about Technics amps of this age (seems to be an early 90's amp)? Are they good?

-Eric

Hi Yeah in reference to the technics Su-g70, This amp is rated at 120 watts per channel..and they are actually pretty good amps..I have been collecting technics equipment for the last 30 years all make models from all years,from the su-g series to the SU - V series and they are pretty good amps.this paticular model has a clean crisp sound (great hi's) also depends on the speakers you hook up to them.i had this amp hooked up to a pair of 1977 Pioneer CS-903's and it literally rocked the house..I love technics equipment, With the exception of their cd players and speakers Which are crap..But their Amps,equalizers,And tuners, and they're older tape decks are Fantastic....
post #5 of 6 Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 110
The best amplifier sold by Technics was the SE100 part of a component separates high-end line including an iso-loop reel-to-reel tape deck..
Excellent sonics & build quality..

Just my $0.02..
post #6 of 6 Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 PM

Way to go people, resurrect a more than 2 year old thread...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page