Onkyo TX-SR507 Owners Thread and First Impressions - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I have a SR507, a Panasonic BD60 and Samsung PN550. With everything off I turn only the reciever on and select the cd input, all components, including the DVD, cable box and tv unwantedly turn on.
The dvd cues the cd but no sound is emitted and the tv is blank. If I select the DVD mode on the reciever the CD will play and the playlist will show on the TV. All the connections are HDMI. I get the same results when using my Harmony One or manually. Any advice on rectifying this problem would be appreciated. Thanks, JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Hi jonjay, its because your dvd is connected to HDMI-1 (DVD/BD). If you want sound from CD input, connect an optical cable from dvd player to OPT-2 (CD) and keeping dvd player HDMI cable to HDMI-1 (thats if the dvd player allows HDMI and optical audio output at the same time).

The unwanted turn on is possible due to HDMI-CEC feature being turned "ON" (and/or Power Control feature) . Some HDMI-CEC trade names are Samsung - AnyNet+, Onkyo - HDMI Control (RIHD) and Panny - Viera Link. Another possible reason is due to your components connected to a power surge stripe like smart power strip.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Turn off the hdmi control and you'll be fine. You can also connect a set of analog cables or optical cable to your dvd player and plug them into the cd input on the receiver. Use that input when you want to listen to music and the dvd input when when watching movies.

Afro GT
Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi jonjay, its because your dvd is connected to HDMI-1 (DVD/BD). If you want sound from CD input, connect an optical cable from dvd player to OPT-2 (CD) and keeping dvd player HDMI cable to HDMI-1 (thats if the dvd player allows HDMI and optical audio output at the same time).

The unwanted turn on is possible due to HDMI-CEC feature being turned "ON" (and/or Power Control feature) . Some HDMI-CEC trade names are Samsung - AnyNet+, Onkyo - HDMI Control (RIHD) and Panny - Viera Link. Another possible reason is due to your components connected to a power surge stripe like smart power strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Turn off the hdmi control and you'll be fine. You can also connect a set of analog cables or optical cable to your dvd player and plug them into the cd input on the receiver. Use that input when you want to listen to music and the dvd input when when watching movies.

Thank you both for your replies, I'll give these remedies a shot. JJ
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Does the amplifier have multiple fuses?
I dropped a piece of metal into it by accident, there was a spark, and no sound afterwards.
But the receiver still turns on, just doesn't function beyond menus.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 AM

Anyone here using Onkyo 507 experience any problems like audio dropout or DTS "bomb" on Star Wars Blu-ray set ?

For my bluray player, I am using Sony Bdp-s360
Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 AM

Liked: 12

Just one thing: when you launch the Audyssey 2EQ with the microphone given with the Onkyo, does the subwoofer sound in all the 3 steps or just in the first one?

User Tag List