IS it worth it to buy Pioneer VSX-43TX for $120? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a pair of polk speakers (R50) and in the market for a cheap receiver. But I don't want to spend much on a receiver since I am on a budget and new to home theater system setup.

Someone is offering a used VSX-43TX for $120
(
pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-43TX )

It's a discounted model, but it does the job. Do you guys think it's worth $120? Can I find a newer model (with hdmi) for 100 dollar range? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy1984 View Post

I just got a pair of polk speakers (R50) and in the market for a cheap receiver. But I don't want to spend much on a receiver since I am on a budget and new to home theater system setup.

(
pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-43TX )

It's a discounted model, but it does the job. Do you guys think it's worth $120? Can I find a newer model (with hdmi) for 100 dollar range? Thank you.

You're asking if $120 is a good deal on a used, late model $1200 receiver? If you decide not to do it, please pm the sellers' contact info.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2009, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy1984 View Post

(

The VSX-43TX was a $1,200.00 MSRP receiver from the Elite line when sold in it's day. From a audio standpoint I feel pretty confident in staying it won't be touched for $120, yes it's worth it from that standpoint many times over.

It is an older unit though with no warranty and doesn't have the latest HDMI features and connections. If those are non issues with you and your confident in the seller than go for it, that's a great deal.

No to your last question, you won't find a new or used receiver with HDMI Audio capabilities for $100. $200 possibly with the HK 247 on the ebay auctions but that's about a cheap as it gets.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page