IS it worth it to buy Pioneer VSX-43TX for $120? - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > IS it worth it to buy Pioneer VSX-43TX for $120?

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

smoothy1984's Avatar smoothy1984
02:31 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
05-13-2009 | Posts: 2
I just got a pair of polk speakers (R50) and in the market for a cheap receiver. But I don't want to spend much on a receiver since I am on a budget and new to home theater system setup.

Someone is offering a used VSX-43TX for $120
(
pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-43TX )

It's a discounted model, but it does the job. Do you guys think it's worth $120? Can I find a newer model (with hdmi) for 100 dollar range? Thank you.
scdaf-'s Avatar scdaf-
03:37 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 3
05-13-2009 | Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy1984 View Post

I just got a pair of polk speakers (R50) and in the market for a cheap receiver. But I don't want to spend much on a receiver since I am on a budget and new to home theater system setup.

(
pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-43TX )

It's a discounted model, but it does the job. Do you guys think it's worth $120? Can I find a newer model (with hdmi) for 100 dollar range? Thank you.

You're asking if $120 is a good deal on a used, late model $1200 receiver? If you decide not to do it, please pm the sellers' contact info.
Jakeman02's Avatar Jakeman02
03:38 PM Liked: 13
post #3 of 3
05-13-2009 | Posts: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy1984 View Post

(

The VSX-43TX was a $1,200.00 MSRP receiver from the Elite line when sold in it's day. From a audio standpoint I feel pretty confident in staying it won't be touched for $120, yes it's worth it from that standpoint many times over.

It is an older unit though with no warranty and doesn't have the latest HDMI features and connections. If those are non issues with you and your confident in the seller than go for it, that's a great deal.

No to your last question, you won't find a new or used receiver with HDMI Audio capabilities for $100. $200 possibly with the HK 247 on the ebay auctions but that's about a cheap as it gets.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread