Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post

AVfred, mechanical relays are good. They give you a better signal separation than the solid state switches and you are certainly not going to wear them off if you switch a few times a day for the rest of your life.
Yes, the 1019ah does click too.

Just to be clear, there are clicks when switching INPUTS but not when switching audio within an input. I've heard that the Onkyo XX5 series had issues where you could hear a click when sticking to one source if audio format changed (i.e., watching TV and going from 5.1 program to 2.0 commercial and back). The 1019 does not do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM

just pre-ordered it thru vann's for $425
post #363 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex94 View Post

Just to be clear, there are clicks when switching INPUTS but not when switching audio within an input. I've heard that the Onkyo XX5 series had issues where you could hear a click when sticking to one source if audio format changed (i.e., watching TV and going from 5.1 program to 2.0 commercial and back). The 1019 does not do that.

I think it depends on the mode. I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not near the receiver, but if you are in auto surround mode and the signal changes from surround to two-channel, that mode will switch it to stereo which might switch relays. I use that mode on my BD input so that I get into stereo when I listen to audio CDs. I use the standard surround mode on the TV input so that when I switch between different channels the receiver can switch between dobly prologic II for two-channel signals and dolby digital for 5.1 signals. In that case there are no clicks.
post #364 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post

just pre-ordered it thru vann's for $425

I dont see the 425 price on their site?
post #365 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_luv View Post

I dont see the 425 price on their site?

advertised, no. haggled with, perhaps
post #366 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex94 View Post

Yes...If I am in Windows Media Center in "Music Library" and am skipping over song tracks from "Playlist" on the HTPC, the Onkyo 605 relay clicks everytime I hit "Skip"...Does the 1019 do this? (This is thru HDMI input).
post #367 of 5178 Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post

advertised, no. haggled with, perhaps

details? sounds like a plan to me! whats the eta on the restock?
post #368 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_luv View Post

details? sounds like a plan to me! whats the eta on the restock?

just submit a question. it will vary depending on which rep responds to you. plus, i did already buy over $1k worth of speakers from them, so that might be one reason they took some off. website shows on order, so i would expect within the week? hoping...
post #369 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjnevada View Post

One other note............I did not realize that digital inputs cannot feed Zone 2 outputs. No thanks to the manual, I pulled my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't get sound from the Zone 2 output. I finally had sound after hooking up a L/R analog cable from my Pioneer DV-610 dvd player to the DVD analog input on the 919. HDMI, coax, optical....all a no go.

The Zone 2 out feeds my Little Dot I+ hybrid-tube headphone amplifier which is now working superbly!

That's one difference between the 919 and 1019. The 1019 allows Zone 2 play of USB / iPod ... media.
post #370 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfred View Post

Yes...If I am in Windows Media Center in "Music Library" and am skipping over song tracks from "Playlist" on the HTPC, the Onkyo 605 relay clicks everytime I hit "Skip"...Does the 1019 do this? (This is thru HDMI input).

I don't use Windows Media Center but my Macbook does not cause the 1019 to 'click' when switching tracks so I doubt yours would either.
post #371 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I posted this on the PS3 as your bluray player thread but thought I would pose the question here also. Any thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Quote:

I am using my new Pioneer VSX-1019AH with my PS3. I have a question about Dynamic Range Control. I am using an HDMI cable and LPCM.

My original problem was that movies sounded dull and compressed using LPCM compared to bitstream. I read here that increasing the volume on the ps3 by +2 would help. That did help but I also found that turning off the Dynamic range control helped a LOT.

The best I can describe it is by comparing it to cassettes and Dolby Noise Reduction (yes, I am old). The benefit of using DNR in the old days was the removal of the hiss but the downside is that the range (extreme highs and extreme lows seemed to be shortened). When I use Dynamic Range Control on my PS3, that is what it sounds like. With it off, it seems to sound like the highs are higher, the surround effect is greater. Am I wrong? Is there a downside to turning that off? Should I leave it on?

post #372 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Well finally after hours of resarch and narrowing down to following: SONY STR-DG920; ONKYO TX-SP606 or 607; PIONEER's 1019AH-K or 919AH-K.....I made the BIG decision for me yesterday and ordered/paid for a PIO 1019 and am VERY Excited as I wait for it to get here, can hardly wait. Sure GLAD to SEE all of the HAPPY 1019 owners here and ALL the GREAT INFO here at AVS concerning these AVRs and their features/use.

As I unpatiently start my waiting period I regret to say I am having some "buyer's remorse" because at the last I had to decide between the 919 and the 1019 and the 919 was a little over $100 cheaper......I re-read and re-read the SPECS to only see maybe a couple differences........and now I really don't think I really needed whatever they were [my Sammy HDTV does a GREAT job a upscaling]. Is there a difference in the Auto Setup Program between the 2? I know I am going to LOVE this baby.....but probably should of saved the $ and went for the cheaper model. DAT's Life!

C'YA, michael
post #373 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Congrats on the new receiver!

I have a VSX-919, and for me the deciding factor was that I didn't need the extra HDMI port, or extra coax digital audio port. The MCACC (auto setup) is the same between the two units.

Don't sweat it though, you got a great receiver, and who knows what devices you might get in the future, and having an extra HDMI might come in very handy!

That Video scaling feature can come in handy for 480i/480p sources depending on how well your TV handles that. At lest you have the option.

Be happy that you got the best Pioneer receiver you can get without jumping up to the Elite series...

I think you will really enjoy it...

Let us know if you have any questions, or issues when you get things setup...
post #374 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl@ltDel View Post

I posted this on the PS3 as your bluray player thread but thought I would pose the question here also. Any thoughts and advice is appreciated.
"
I am using my new Pioneer VSX-1019AH with my PS3. I have a question about Dynamic Range Control. I am using an HDMI cable and LPCM.

My original problem was that movies sounded dull and compressed using LPCM compared to bitstream. I read here that increasing the volume on the ps3 by +2 would help. That did help but I also found that turning off the Dynamic range control helped a LOT.

The best I can describe it is by comparing it to cassettes and Dolby Noise Reduction (yes, I am old). The benefit of using DNR in the old days was the removal of the hiss but the downside is that the range (extreme highs and extreme lows seemed to be shortened). When I use Dynamic Range Control on my PS3, that is what it sounds like. With it off, it seems to sound like the highs are higher, the surround effect is greater. Am I wrong? Is there a downside to turning that off? Should I leave it on?
"

I think this is what this feature is for (I don't have a PS3). This dynamic range control is I think the same as the "midnight" mode on the 1019. It quashes the dynamic range so you can listen to your system late at night without blasting volume at different points. I would think (IMHO) that it reduces the dynamic range so sounds up higher and lower are mapped to sounds closer to the middle.

It sounds by your description that this is exactly what your PS3 is giving you. Without it on, you are hearing the proper range of sounds for your system.

I think this can only be done on signals that are Dolby processed, I don't think it applies to DTS and definitely not to PCM.

So turning it off is fine, and actually the preferred way to go, I believe.
post #375 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberized View Post

Well finally after hours of resarch and narrowing down to following: SONY STR-DG920; ONKYO TX-SP606 or 607; PIONEER's 1019AH-K or 919AH-K.....I made the BIG decision for me yesterday and ordered/paid for a PIO 1019 and am VERY Excited as I wait for it to get here, can hardly wait. Sure GLAD to SEE all of the HAPPY 1019 owners here and ALL the GREAT INFO here at AVS concerning these AVRs and their features/use.

As I unpatiently start my waiting period I regret to say I am having some "buyer's remorse" because at the last I had to decide between the 919 and the 1019 and the 919 was a little over $100 cheaper......I re-read and re-read the SPECS to only see maybe a couple differences........and now I really don't think I really needed whatever they were [my Sammy HDTV does a GREAT job a upscaling]. Is there a difference in the Auto Setup Program between the 2? I know I am going to LOVE this baby.....but probably should of saved the $ and went for the cheaper model. DAT's Life!

C'YA, michael

Congrats on a great new receiver! I have the 1019, and am enjoying the heck out of it. I do need the extra HDMI port, but I also like the second zone functionality, since I have a living room with two speakers set up as well as my 5.1 setup in my family room. Having the flexibility to feed iPod music into the living room for the adults as the kids watch something in the family room is great.

The difference in price is there, but for me the step up was worth it, despite the 919 being great also.
post #376 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:

DRC is Dynamic Range Compression, not Control. So you got it right that it has a similar effect to the Dolby noise reductions on tapes. However, you are saying the Dolby noise reduction had the dowside of cutting frequencies. That's a misconception. That system was meant to be used both on the recording and the playback side. During the recording it would do the opposite function, i.e. expand the dynamic range of the signal by emphasizing the high frequencies so that during playback when the attanuation is done the noice is decimated. If you have used Dolby on tapes recorded without that or with a different type (B or C) I can see how you got that impression.

The DRC is a similar thing to the playback part of the Dolby noise reduction so you should expect the effect to be similar. The difference is that it also does it on the low frequencies, but only beyond certain amplitude. In other words, whenever the signal is not loud , it goes through unchanged, when it gets loud, the highs and the lows get attenuated, otherwise you would find yourself turning the volume up and down, which is essentially the same thing.

The dynamic range is my biggest gripe with the home theater concept and I'm sure most people that have wives and babies are dealing on daily basis with the issue of how to control this thing. The 1019ah gives you a lot of options and I keep experimenting every night, but after a month of tweaking I have not been able to find the setting that will not wake up my family at every gunshot and let me hear the dialogs at the same time.
Here are the controls I'm aware of:
- DRC setting on my BD source - I leave that on Auto and let the 1019ah do that job
- DRC setting on the 1019AH - tried that, but was not completely satisfied. I keep it on Auto.
- The LFE attenuator on the 1019AH. I used to have this on -10dB and the good thing is that it does not affect the bass on stereo sources. I changed my speakers and the dynamics changed and it's on 0db now.
- The dialog enhancement of the 1019AH. Tried that, but it seemed somewhat unnatural at times. It's off now.
- The midnight setting on the 1019ah. I think that works in conjunction with the DRC Auto mode, but it's not a total solution. I keep switching between loudness on and midnight on, leaving it most of the time on loudness.
- The ALC mode. In that mode the dialog enhancement is disabled, but you can program the effect level (50 by default). The perception is that the effect moves more or less of the signal from the side speakers to the center channel. I decided to keep it at 50. The drawback is that this is an autosurround function and if the source is two-channel as from some TV programs, it switches to stereo as opposed to the Dolby prologic II that I prefer and I have to keep switching between ALC and standard surround.
It seems like the ALC does the best job.
- The volume on my subwoofer - I resort to that when I'm tired of playing with the other knobs.

I watched Transformers 2 last weekend and I paid attention to the sound in the theater. It seemed that the dynamic range was not great, there wasn't much bass and treble, but the dialogs were very legible. That's great for the dialog, but the effects sounded worse than I expected and I'm sure for such a movie Michael Bay has put a lot of work into that. At home the effects in general sound great especially with my manual tweaking of the EQ, but the dialog is not nearly as legible as in the theater.
Just haven't found the golden setting yet.
post #377 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM

After a long decision period and quite a bit of research I ordered the 919 online yesterday. I think I will be very happy with the receiver and I can't wait to get it, which unfortunately won't be for 2-3 weeks. Buying it online and having it shipped to a friend in the US saved me over $100 versus buying it at Future Shop in Canada, even with the exchange rate, and its an authorized dealer so the warranty is intact.

The consolation is that on this trip to the US I picked up my new speakers (Energy C200 fronts, CC50 centre, C100 rears and a 10" sub) so I'll have something to play with when I get home.
post #378 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Do any real stores carry the 919? It seems hard to find. Walmart and BestBuy do not list it on their websites.
post #379 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
gunsmoker -

TV/movie dialogue is often unclear in homes because the acoustics are often pretty bad in untreated rooms which is what 90%+ of homes are. I forget the precise technical explanation but it's something along the lines of the fact that dialogue falls into a Hz range where reflective sound wave effects from other parts of the spectrum can overpower and smear the voices. Theaters are designed for good sound so it's not surprising that dialogue would sound much better there as opposed to in your home. A receiver with it's various dedicated settings for dialogue enhancement can only do so much. At minimum, make sure you've implemented MCACC.

For reducing dynamics at night time, since none of the dedicated settings seem to be working well enough for your situation, I wonder if you try experimenting with your MCACC settings, manually reducing bass and treble perhaps more aggressively than the other dedicated settings have done, maybe this might work better than anything else you've tried so far. Then, save that as a second setting and use it for only late night/nap time duty. MCACC allows you to save up to six settings.

This is all theoretical on my part, because I haven't played with MCACC yet.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #380 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post

DRC is Dynamic Range Compression, not Control. So you got it right that it has a similar effect to the Dolby noise reductions on tapes. However, you are saying the Dolby noise reduction had the dowside of cutting frequencies. That's a misconception. That system was meant to be used both on the recording and the playback side. During the recording it would do the opposite function, i.e. expand the dynamic range of the signal by emphasizing the high frequencies so that during playback when the attanuation is done the noice is decimated. If you have used Dolby on tapes recorded without that or with a different type (B or C) I can see how you got that impression.

The DRC is a similar thing to the playback part of the Dolby noise reduction so you should expect the effect to be similar. The difference is that it also does it on the low frequencies, but only beyond certain amplitude. In other words, whenever the signal is not loud , it goes through unchanged, when it gets loud, the highs and the lows get attenuated, otherwise you would find yourself turning the volume up and down, which is essentially the same thing.

The dynamic range is my biggest gripe with the home theater concept and I'm sure most people that have wives and babies are dealing on daily basis with the issue of how to control this thing. The 1019ah gives you a lot of options and I keep experimenting every night, but after a month of tweaking I have not been able to find the setting that will not wake up my family at every gunshot and let me hear the dialogs at the same time.
Here are the controls I'm aware of:
- DRC setting on my BD source - I leave that on Auto and let the 1019ah do that job
- DRC setting on the 1019AH - tried that, but was not completely satisfied. I keep it on Auto.
- The LFE attenuator on the 1019AH. I used to have this on -10dB and the good thing is that it does not affect the bass on stereo sources. I changed my speakers and the dynamics changed and it's on 0db now.
- The dialog enhancement of the 1019AH. Tried that, but it seemed somewhat unnatural at times. It's off now.
- The midnight setting on the 1019ah. I think that works in conjunction with the DRC Auto mode, but it's not a total solution. I keep switching between loudness on and midnight on, leaving it most of the time on loudness.
- The ALC mode. In that mode the dialog enhancement is disabled, but you can program the effect level (50 by default). The perception is that the effect moves more or less of the signal from the side speakers to the center channel. I decided to keep it at 50. The drawback is that this is an autosurround function and if the source is two-channel as from some TV programs, it switches to stereo as opposed to the Dolby prologic II that I prefer and I have to keep switching between ALC and standard surround.
It seems like the ALC does the best job.
- The volume on my subwoofer - I resort to that when I'm tired of playing with the other knobs.

I watched Transformers 2 last weekend and I paid attention to the sound in the theater. It seemed that the dynamic range was not great, there wasn't much bass and treble, but the dialogs were very legible. That's great for the dialog, but the effects sounded worse than I expected and I'm sure for such a movie Michael Bay has put a lot of work into that. At home the effects in general sound great especially with my manual tweaking of the EQ, but the dialog is not nearly as legible as in the theater.
Just haven't found the golden setting yet.

Wow! thanks for taking the time to share that. It seems I am also looking for that "golden setting" and have yet to find it. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that I should leave the DRC on so that it unencodes what the producer encoded?

Also, what about the post by hernanu? That is what I felt was happening (I was in agreement with him) so I turned DRC off.

It really sounds hampered with DRC on.
post #381 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post

Do any real stores carry the 919? It seems hard to find. Walmart and BestBuy do not list it on their websites.

I got mine at my local Best Buy.
post #382 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got mine at my local Best Buy.

Good to know. I'll stop by and take a look. What were they charging for it ? $399 ?
post #383 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
At least as of a few weeks ago, the 919 was absent from the few Best Buys I looked in (Chicago area). I haven't checked lately.

Given how similar it is to the 1019, I can see how some places might make the decision to skip the 919 in favor of a lineup consisting of only the 519, 819 and 1019.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #384 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post

Good to know. I'll stop by and take a look. What were they charging for it ? $399 ?

It was $499 on the shelf and I had them meet an internet price...so I got it for $419.
post #385 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisz View Post

After a long decision period and quite a bit of research I ordered the 919 online yesterday. I think I will be very happy with the receiver and I can't wait to get it, which unfortunately won't be for 2-3 weeks. Buying it online and having it shipped to a friend in the US saved me over $100 versus buying it at Future Shop in Canada, even with the exchange rate, and its an authorized dealer so the warranty is intact.

The consolation is that on this trip to the US I picked up my new speakers (Energy C200 fronts, CC50 centre, C100 rears and a 10" sub) so I'll have something to play with when I get home.

Welcome to the Forums!

I have a VSX-919 as well, and I am sure you will enjoy it. It is a great receiver!
post #386 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

... I have the 1019, and am enjoying the heck out of it. I do need the extra HDMI port, but I also like the second zone functionality, since I have a living room with two speakers set up as well as my 5.1 setup in my family room. Having the flexibility to feed iPod music into the living room for the adults as the kids watch something in the family room is great.

On the 919 you can't feed the iPod to the second zone, right? Is there any work-around to that (other than buying the 1019)?

And is there any reason why I would need the 1019 for upscaling if I have a Pioneer Elite Pro-1150HD television?

Those are the only two reasons I might go for the 1019 over the 919, and I'm still on the fence.
post #387 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

gunsmoker -

TV/movie dialogue is often unclear in homes because the acoustics are often pretty bad in untreated rooms which is what 90%+ of homes are. I forget the precise technical explanation but it's something along the lines of the fact that dialogue falls into a Hz range where reflective sound wave effects from other parts of the spectrum can overpower and smear the voices. Theaters are designed for good sound so it's not surprising that dialogue would sound much better there as opposed to in your home. A receiver with it's various dedicated settings for dialogue enhancement can only do so much. At minimum, make sure you've implemented MCACC.

For reducing dynamics at night time, since none of the dedicated settings seem to be working well enough for your situation, I wonder if you try experimenting with your MCACC settings, manually reducing bass and treble perhaps more aggressively than the other dedicated settings have done, maybe this might work better than anything else you've tried so far. Then, save that as a second setting and use it for only late night/nap time duty. MCACC allows you to save up to six settings.

This is all theoretical on my part, because I haven't played with MCACC yet.

I can certainly tone down the bass, the problem is that the movies are recorded with a wide bass dynamic range and if you attenuate it, it's fine for very loud scenes, but you hear nothing of it in others.

I have actually chosen to manually bump up my lower and upper EQ bands for a great music sound and have saved it in a different memory that I labeled MUSIC as opposed to the one that MCACC produced which I labeled MOVIE. Regardless of the dynamic range issue, my music setting sounds better for movies than the MCACC work to me.
post #388 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Wow! thanks for taking the time to share that. It seems I am also looking for that "golden setting" and have yet to find it. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that I should leave the DRC on so that it unencodes what the producer encoded?

Also, what about the post by hernanu? That is what I felt was happening (I was in agreement with him) so I turned DRC off.

It really sounds hampered with DRC on.

Well, the manual is not very clear on what DRC AUTO does, but it does not seem to hurt the sound at reasonably high levels when the ALC and midnight are off. I'm guessing the auto mode (which is the default) applies some DRC at low volume levels, midnight on or ALC on, but the intent is that there is no DRC if you are listening at normal conditions. That's a guess. I do keep the DRC setting of the cable box to off and the one of the BDP to Auto to make sure the sound is not restricted upstream, but I'm not sure if the DRC settings at the source matter for HDMI transfer though. I doubt that to be the case.
post #389 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 AM

First post and lots of questions, so I apologize ahead of time. Just got all brand new equipment for my home theater (after 8 years of nothing new). I "think" I really like my pioneer VSX919 but have some questions.

My equipment

Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S350
Samsung DVD player
Pioneer VSX-919 AH (receiver)
Panasonic TC-P50C1 (50 inch plasma vierra)

My set up is pretty simple. HDMI from Blu-ray to receiver, and HDMI from receiver to TV. DVD is set up by optical audio to receiver and component for video to receiver.

Questions

1 - How do I know what audio is being input to the receiver from the Blu-Ray disc (or DVD even)?
2 - How do I know what audio is being output from the receiver (given the above). Do these things show on the screen?
3 - I have "issues" with the receiver turning itself off once I turn on the Sony blu-ray player. Also, when I turn off the TV, the receiver turns off? Why?
4 - Why, in my ignorance, is the volume showing negative dB values....and then it can go to 12dB?
5 - What is Kuro Link and it's purpose?
6 - What is this "handshaking" with HDMI that you are all talking about? I don't see mention of handshaking in the manual anywhere.
post #390 of 5178 Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananfish View Post

On the 919 you can't feed the iPod to the second zone, right? Is there any work-around to that (other than buying the 1019)?

And is there any reason why I would need the 1019 for upscaling if I have a Pioneer Elite Pro-1150HD television?

Those are the only two reasons I might go for the 1019 over the 919, and I'm still on the fence.

According to the manual, the 919 can't send iPod or USB feeds to the second zone, where the 1019 can. The Pioneer television you've got should be able to do a good job upscaling (nice TV by the way) , so I wouldn't think the 1019 would do a better job.

I wouldn't pick any AVR for its upscaling anyways, since both TV's and disk players usually do a better job of upscaling (especially if you have an OPPO). The only benefit I get from it is for my wii.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page