The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 137 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4081 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

My question is about the t.v. pic aspect ratio. When I watch the news or a channel that has a stock ticker or somthing of that sort the aspect ratio is all fubared. I'm hooked up hdmi and the t.v. is a 3 year old jvc 47. Soon going sharp aquos 52 120 hz. I'm soory if this is the wrong place to post this. The aspect ratio is killing me. I have to keep switching the aspect to full native on the t.v. every time I turn the channel. I have comcast dvr hd scientic atlanta box. is it the reciever.... can't be. The t.v. is olny hooked to cable box as theeht was taken down do to fact we are moving to our new house on Friday. This aspect thing is a constant with or with out ht. Heeeellllppp.

FDR said this, I just love the way it sounds
"With great power, Comes great responsiblity."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 AM

Is it really an eso problem(equipment smareter than operater)

post #4083 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

you might want to try posting this in the thread for your tv...

edit: btw, your quote in your sig is wrong... the quote is "with great power comes great responsibility"... it has been around since the time of the greeks ruling the world in one form or another... fdr used it in context of powerful nations in the time of war (and after the war)... and stan lee used it in a spiderman comic...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4084 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake26 View Post

I recently purchased this receiver to replace a 10 year old Sony Home Theater System but a comment on a post I made yesterday has me rethinking my decision. The comment was on the wattage.

One reason I bought a new receiver is I needed a second zone to run outdoor speakers. I plan on using my Zone 2 to run a pair of Atrium 65-SDI outdoor speakers. They are a maximum 125 watts (Frequency response: 50 Hz to 20 kHz)

Will the VSX-1019 run these speakers? I sure hope so

Shouldn't have any problem with them (nice speakers by the way). They are 8 ohm speakers, so no problem with the impedance, at 90 db sensitivity, they are efficient, so should pose less of a load to the overall system, and their frequency range means you should be able to cover most of the listening range without a big problem.

If there were to be any problem, it would be at very high volume, so if you're going to blast these, there may be an issue with clipping, but only at very high (to me) volumes. Since they are efficient, though I wouldn't expect there to be an issue.

Just hook 'em up and enjoy.
post #4085 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM

Thank you sir. I stand corrected

post #4086 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Hey all, I was looking for CY09 models since the CY10 production has been moved to China.

The local BB has an open box 1019 for about $110 less than the "closeout" price. The only thing is it doesn't have anything other than the reciever, no remote, no setup mic or anything.

If I get a Harmony remote will it allow me to do all the set up functions? Anyplace else to look for accessories?

Thanks,
post #4087 of 5178 Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM

hey everyone... just picked up a used (but practically brand new) VSX-919-AHK on craigslist for a pretty good price. but as this is my first jump into HDMI processing through an AVR, i've run across a small snag:

i enjoy putting on a baseball game at night, but turn off the sound and listen to music from my PC instead. with the way i have my setup (HDMI from cable box to HDMI1 input; HDMI out to TV), i can't just switch the audio input to my PC (DVR input) without the video input changing as well. is there any way to set this up so that the video is still passing from the cable box through the AVR to the TV while selecting a different audio input? or do i need to send the HDMI signal directly to the TV, and use the AVR to only do audio processing?
post #4088 of 5178 Old 05-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Shouldn't have any problem with them (nice speakers by the way). They are 8 ohm speakers, so no problem with the impedance, at 90 db sensitivity, they are efficient, so should pose less of a load to the overall system, and their frequency range means you should be able to cover most of the listening range without a big problem.

If there were to be any problem, it would be at very high volume, so if you're going to blast these, there may be an issue with clipping, but only at very high (to me) volumes. Since they are efficient, though I wouldn't expect there to be an issue.

Just hook 'em up and enjoy.

Thank you very much!!! Now I am very excited to get the system running. I cannot wait till Friday!
post #4089 of 5178 Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbanana View Post

hey everyone... just picked up a used (but practically brand new) VSX-919-AHK on craigslist for a pretty good price. but as this is my first jump into HDMI processing through an AVR, i've run across a small snag:

i enjoy putting on a baseball game at night, but turn off the sound and listen to music from my PC instead. with the way i have my setup (HDMI from cable box to HDMI1 input; HDMI out to TV), i can't just switch the audio input to my PC (DVR input) without the video input changing as well. is there any way to set this up so that the video is still passing from the cable box through the AVR to the TV while selecting a different audio input? or do i need to send the HDMI signal directly to the TV, and use the AVR to only do audio processing?

you need to run another audio cable from your pc to accomplish this....

- assign an hdmi input to whatever input you want to use for the cable box...
- assign whatever audio input you want to use (spdif or analog) to the same input.
- connect the audio cable(s) from the pc to that input...
- use the "signal select" option on the remote to tell the avr which audio source (hdmi, digital or analog) that you want to use...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4090 of 5178 Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigo View Post

Hey all, I was looking for CY09 models since the CY10 production has been moved to China.

The local BB has an open box 1019 for about $110 less than the "closeout" price. The only thing is it doesn't have anything other than the reciever, no remote, no setup mic or anything.

If I get a Harmony remote will it allow me to do all the set up functions? Anyplace else to look for accessories?

Thanks,

A Harmony will let you do the setup functions. As far as the mike, I'd check with Pioneer, they may have it and the iPod cable if needed.
post #4091 of 5178 Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Thanks Hernanu,

Not sure if it'd be worth it considering BB's website listed $190 for the remote, mic, & IPod connections! If I had to pay that much I'd be better off going to Amazon.
post #4092 of 5178 Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
if you don't mind taking the risk of no warranty, terrific price on ebay...
post #4093 of 5178 Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Has anyone had any problems with the receiver not waking up an amp for a subwoofer? I finally received my ed sub yesterday which goes into standby after 15 minutes of no sound, but if I start playing anything the sub does not wake up. Now if I use rca cables from an ipod the amp wakes right up so i dont think its the amp on the sub. And If I manually power the amp off and on it works like it should.

thanks
post #4094 of 5178 Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Has anyone had any problems with the receiver not waking up an amp for a subwoofer? I finally received my ed sub yesterday which goes into standby after 15 minutes of no sound, but if I start playing anything the sub does not wake up. Now if I use rca cables from an ipod the amp wakes right up so i dont think its the amp on the sub. And If I manually power the amp off and on it works like it should.

thanks

When you ran the auto setup, did the receiver indicate that it detected the presence of the subwoofer?

I should mention, I had trouble with my old Pioneer AVR waking up my powered subwoofer. I fixed the problem by leaving the subwoofer on and plugging it into the switched outlet on the back of the reciver. Too bad Pioneer dropped the switched outlet on the current crop of AVRs, otherwise you could've used that trick to power up your subwoofer.
post #4095 of 5178 Old 05-28-2010, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vttom View Post

When you ran the auto setup, did the receiver indicate that it detected the presence of the subwoofer?

I should mention, I had trouble with my old Pioneer AVR waking up my powered subwoofer. I fixed the problem by leaving the subwoofer on and plugging it into the switched outlet on the back of the reciver. Too bad Pioneer dropped the switched outlet on the current crop of AVRs, otherwise you could've used that trick to power up your subwoofer.

Yes as long as i power on and off the amp on the sub it works like normal and I ran the setup and it was detected. I will try running it again today just to make sure. But under mcacc sub is set to yet
post #4096 of 5178 Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Yes as long as i power on and off the amp on the sub it works like normal and I ran the setup and it was detected. I will try running it again today just to make sure. But under mcacc sub is set to yet

Are your front L and R speakers set to large or small?

My sub also goes into standby after no sound for a while. When my fronts were set to large, it'd go into standby after 2 minutes of no sound; when a movie sequence with low bass kicked in, I'd lose a few seconds while the sub woke up. But after I set my fronts to small (as recommended here), the sub is wide awake all the time including dialogue-centric movies and redbook CDs.

Denon X4000: Yamaha AS500;TS500;CDS300: Pioneer BDP62FD;BDP23FD;DV58AV;DV610: Panasonic DMP-BDT500; Sony BDP-S790; Samsung PS60E6500
post #4097 of 5178 Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 PM

Hi all,
I just bought this receiver last week, mainly because the good reviews it has received regarding the sound quality. I ran the Auto set up today and I am not very pleased with the sound quality so far. my front speakers are JMlab Focal chorus 705 V, with a frequency response of 65Hz to 28kHz. I am also using a Polk audio PSW 10 subwoofer, and a CS10 center channel. the speakers have always sounded very well together, so I believe that the setup in the receiver is probably incorrect. The sound is rather flat, the highs are very detailed and crisp, but the mids and lows are lacking. I have the speakers set up as small, since they have a 5" mid-bass. Also, the X-over is set up at 80Hz. anyone has any suggestions how to improve the audio?
post #4098 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 AM

Anyone else have an issue with their remote?? For no reason sometimes the power button on my remote doesn't work. It lights up on the remote, but the receiver doesn't recognize it and i have to turn it on from the power button on the receiver. Then the remote works fine, all functions. It's starting to get annoying, i would think that the remote on a $500 receiver should work without issue... I bought it through best buy like 3 months ago, can i go through them or do i have to contact Pioneer directly? I really don't want my receiver down for a month while they fix this. Will a universal remote like a Harmony One fix this? Or will i still have issues?

Samsung LN52B750
Pioneer VSX1019AH-K
DirecTV HR22-100
Samsung BD-P1600
Xbox 360
post #4099 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Im having problem with all the analog audio, the power subwoofer doesnt turn on with all analog audio. Anyone know what to do?

edit: after reading a few post above, I seems to have the same problem as some ppl here does with the sub. Any fix?
post #4100 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 06:33 PM

I got this receiver back before Christmas, and I am happy with it. Just got another set of JBL towers and a JBL center to round it out.

However, I know that the center works, but the receiver refuses to recognize it and will not play any sound through it. Hooking it up to another channel I get sound. I have checked my connections, and this thing is about as user friendly as North Korea. Any suggestions?
post #4101 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDrgn View Post

I got this receiver back before Christmas, and I am happy with it. Just got another set of JBL towers and a JBL center to round it out.

However, I know that the center works, but the receiver refuses to recognize it and will not play any sound through it. Hooking it up to another channel I get sound. I have checked my connections, and this thing is about as user friendly as North Korea. Any suggestions?

it's possible you blew out the amp in the center channel. more likely, something happened in the settings or the listening mode that's not playing sound through the center. make sure it's in a listening mode that utilizes the center channel (ie dd pl);. if still no sound, go into the manual speaker setup menu and run the test tones. if you get no sound to the center, then the amp may be dead.
post #4102 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

it's possible you blew out the amp in the center channel. more likely, something happened in the settings or the listening mode that's not playing sound through the center. make sure it's in a listening mode that utilizes the center channel (ie dd pl);. if still no sound, go into the manual speaker setup menu and run the test tones. if you get no sound to the center, then the amp may be dead.

Yep, no go. Even tried another speaker. At least it's still under warranty. Thanks a lot Winston.
post #4103 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusburn View Post

Anyone else have an issue with their remote?? For no reason sometimes the power button on my remote doesn't work. It lights up on the remote, but the receiver doesn't recognize it and i have to turn it on from the power button on the receiver. Then the remote works fine, all functions. It's starting to get annoying, i would think that the remote on a $500 receiver should work without issue... I bought it through best buy like 3 months ago, can i go through them or do i have to contact Pioneer directly? I really don't want my receiver down for a month while they fix this. Will a universal remote like a Harmony One fix this? Or will i still have issues?

There are posts on this issue sprinkled throughout this thread, some just a few pages back. I just purchased this receiver a little over a week ago and have the exact same problem.

It appears that it has something to do with the way the 1019 powers on and can be corrected by a user installed firmware update. FWIW, I called Pio tech support a couple of days ago and they acknowledged the problem. I was told the new firmware was in the quality control stage and should be available soon??? Btw, it reacts the same way with my Harmony 720, as well as the factory remote. I was also told that if my 1019 was registered with Pio, (which it is) they would notify me of the firmware update. But, I will continue to check their website anyway.

Some others have posted here suggesting that it will respond properly to the remote, if you have Kuro link turned on. I haven't tried that, as I've seen more issues when using any of the manufacturer's HDMI linking features with Blu-ray.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #4104 of 5178 Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 PM

Liked: 11
I have the firmware, V1.053, if anyone are intressted!
Contact me via PM.
As always, installing a firmware is done on your own risk!

Has "everything" for your Pioneer!
!!We need your support!!
post #4105 of 5178 Old 06-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
what does the firmware fix? does it fix the sub woofer problem?
post #4106 of 5178 Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkan View Post

Contact me via PM.

just followed hkan's instructions and successfully updated a 1019 and a 919. very easy.
post #4107 of 5178 Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkan View Post

Contact me via PM.

Hello Hkan,

Sending you a PM now.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #4108 of 5178 Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post

what does the firmware fix? does it fix the sub woofer problem?

1 The power sometimes cannot be turned on by remote controller.
2 Dropouts in DD+ audio tracks.
3 Voulume down when playing DTS HD Master audio 2ch LtRt signal.
4 iPhone & iPod Touch (firmware Ver.3.0-) cannot be recognized.

Has "everything" for your Pioneer!
!!We need your support!!
post #4109 of 5178 Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

There are posts on this issue sprinkled throughout this thread, some just a few pages back. I just purchased this receiver a little over a week ago and have the exact same problem.

It appears that it has something to do with the way the 1019 powers on and can be corrected by a user installed firmware update. FWIW, I called Pio tech support a couple of days ago and they acknowledged the problem. I was told the new firmware was in the quality control stage and should be available soon??? Btw, it reacts the same way with my Harmony 720, as well as the factory remote. I was also told that if my 1019 was registered with Pio, (which it is) they would notify me of the firmware update. But, I will continue to check their website anyway.

Some others have posted here suggesting that it will respond properly to the remote, if you have Kuro link turned on. I haven't tried that, as I've seen more issues when using any of the manufacturer's HDMI linking features with Blu-ray.

Mike T

Funny, you'd think that Pioneer's tech support would be on the same page. They got me to reset my unit twice, and then told me that I had to send it in for repairs. Nothing specific, just that I would be out of my receiver for 2-3 weeks. Repairs aren't even available in the same city I'm in. >.>
post #4110 of 5178 Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 AM

You need a new TV!

It seems like kind of a waste to be using a nice receiver and downgrading the signal through a modulator to a really old TV.

As well, the RCA cord is very long and likely causing a lot of signal loss. This is an analog signal remember, so the further you go, the more signal loss you will get.

If distance is really a problem, consider getting another cable box that you can plug directly into the TV in the same room using only coax from the box to the TV.

Hope that helps?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page