Forum Jump: 

post #4111 of 5176 Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkan View Post

I have the firmware, V1.053, if anyone are intressted!
Contact me via PM...

I am interested, of course ...but first, how do I findout what firmware version is allready installed on my 1019?

Thanks for answering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 5176 Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanH View Post

I am interested, of course ...but first, how do I findout what firmware version is allready installed on my 1019?

Thanks for answering.

[Preparations]
1. Power on only the Main zone.
2. Set the main volume level to -79.5 dB.
[How to enter]
3. Press HOME MENU key of the remote control unit and displays HOME MENU screen.
4. On that above conditions, simultaneously press and hold "ENTER" and " MULTI-zone CONTROL" keys for more than 10 seconds.
[How to exit]
Simultaneously press and hold "ENTER" and " MULTI-ZONE CONTROL" keys for short seconds. (The volume level is free.)

PioneerFAQ

@Twitter
Has "everything" for your Pioneer!
!!We need your support!!
post #4113 of 5176 Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDrgn View Post

Funny, you'd think that Pioneer's tech support would be on the same page. They got me to reset my unit twice, and then told me that I had to send it in for repairs. Nothing specific, just that I would be out of my receiver for 2-3 weeks. Repairs aren't even available in the same city I'm in. >.>

I don't understand what you mean by being on the same page. In your earlier post, you said you were getting no sound from your center channel. That's not related to the issue(s) that are addressed by the new firmware.

It seems like they gave you a proper solution for your specific problem, rather than suggest to you that a new firmware will fix your center channel???

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #4114 of 5176 Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellison View Post

You need a new TV!

It seems like kind of a waste to be using a nice receiver and downgrading the signal through a modulator to a really old TV.

As well, the RCA cord is very long and likely causing a lot of signal loss. This is an analog signal remember, so the further you go, the more signal loss you will get.

If distance is really a problem, consider getting another cable box that you can plug directly into the TV in the same room using only coax from the box to the TV.

Hope that helps?

Hello dellison,

Is this a reply to an earlier post, if so, what post are you replying to?

Mike T

post #4115 of 5176 Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

Just received word from the service shop that my circuit board was kaput, and am waiting for a replacement from Pio (CA). Should be ~week. Limping along with the display speakers for now.

Well, I received my receiver back yesterday from the shop (after more than 2 weeks). Took the day off and hooked everything up and working perfectly. Ran through the workflow in the MCACC thread and then watched Avatar. Incredible! I just wish it didn't take so long, but it didn't cost me a dime other than time. Only issue I'm having is charging my Harmony 700 but that's for another thread.

Thanks to everone who tried to help me resolve this issue on my own. FYI, the shop owner showed me the cost of the circuit board (~$270) Told me it was a bear to work on as the board is interconnected with other boards.

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio | Polk T15 (front - L/R) | Polk OWM 3 (rear) | DefTech ProCenter1000 (center) | Polk DSW Pro 400 Sub
post #4116 of 5176 Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Contact me via PM...

Hi,

PM'd you right now. Thank you in advance.

Added:

Got it right now -thank you again Because it's a bit late now, I'll install it tomorrow.
I have a question:
What is the difference between PANEL and PANEL2 mode? I mean, I understand what "Version update" is... but what does "Version down and same version install" mean?
post #4117 of 5176 Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Liked: 14
Does the firmware update preserve the calibration memories and settings?
post #4118 of 5176 Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanH View Post

Hi,

PM'd you right now. Thank you in advance.

Added:

Got it right now -thank you again Because it's a bit late now, I'll install it tomorrow.
I have a question:
What is the difference between PANEL and PANEL2 mode? I mean, I understand what "Version update" is... but what does "Version down and same version install" mean?

It two diffrent things on how you install the firmware on the AVR.
So are you Updating or are you going to Down grade or install the same version.
Depending on the answear of that you choose the right Panel.

PioneerFAQ

@Twitter
Has "everything" for your Pioneer!
!!We need your support!!
post #4119 of 5176 Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post

Does the firmware update preserve the calibration memories and settings?

Yes, as far I could see, all settings/calibrations are preserved.
post #4120 of 5176 Old 06-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
hi guys, I have an old HDTV that only does 1080i, is it possible to use the scaler with the reciever with component video source and HDMI for PCM audio?
post #4121 of 5176 Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 AM

I have a Dish Network 622 HD DVR hooked up to my 1019 with HDMI. The display on the 1019 usually says Dolby Digital but sometimes during commercial breaks it changes to Neural THX at which point the volume on those commercials instantly increases to a point where, if I had close neighbors, I would get the cops called on me for noise complaints. I do not exaggerate.

I've tried to find a solution on my own but it's been months now with no luck. Is there anything I can do about this?
post #4122 of 5176 Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Contact me via PM.
As always, installing a firmware is done on your own risk!

I've been lurking around AVS Forum for years. I finally decided to register Friday so that I could send Hkan a PM requesting a copy of the V1.053 firmware update for my VSX-1019AH. Unfortunately, Hkan hasn't responded yet (I'm guessing he/she is busy with other summer activities). So, I was wondering if anyone else might be willing to pass along a copy of the firmware? I would really like to install it this weekend, if possible. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance...

PioneerOne
post #4123 of 5176 Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

I don't understand what you mean by being on the same page. In your earlier post, you said you were getting no sound from your center channel. That's not related to the issue(s) that are addressed by the new firmware.

It seems like they gave you a proper solution for your specific problem, rather than suggest to you that a new firmware will fix your center channel???

Mike T

I must have misunderstood you then. Sorry.
post #4124 of 5176 Old 06-06-2010, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDrgn View Post

I must have misunderstood you then. Sorry.

No problem, I kinda' figured as much. I hope you get your unit back from Pio in a timely manner and of course, fixed properly.

Mike T

post #4125 of 5176 Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyjunction View Post

I have a Dish Network 622 HD DVR hooked up to my 1019 with HDMI. The display on the 1019 usually says Dolby Digital but sometimes during commercial breaks it changes to Neural THX at which point the volume on those commercials instantly increases to a point where, if I had close neighbors, I would get the cops called on me for noise complaints. I do not exaggerate.

I've tried to find a solution on my own but it's been months now with no luck. Is there anything I can do about this?

Have you tried the ALC setting. Supposed to level out the volume for just that kind of occurance. You may also do a search on this thread as it is full of suggestions from people who have experienced the same exact issue and have posted recommendations. Finally, although I do not use dish, you may want to try posting on their thread and see what they have tried. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio | Polk T15 (front - L/R) | Polk OWM 3 (rear) | DefTech ProCenter1000 (center) | Polk DSW Pro 400 Sub
post #4126 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 AM

I'm having a hard time getting the AVR to recognize a thumb drive. The port is OK - it works with my son's iPod. The drive is 2GB. Its LED flashes when I insert it or if it is in at power up, but then the TV shows "wrong device or no device".
I tried formatting it as FAT16, FAT32, with default sector size, 512b, 2048b, but no change. Tried different volume names or no name. It works perfectly in a computer.
The manual is a bit vague saying that not all drives will work.
I'm not interested in playing music from this drive. I need it to try Hkan's FW update. The AVR can't see the drive regardless of whether it has mp3 or FW files.

I saw a few people in the thread complaining about problems with thumb drives but I couldn't find a resolution.
Did I miss anything?
post #4127 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM

Has anyone else had problems with their receivers blowing?

I'm about to bring my 2nd receiver in for warranty repair. Failure mode was same for both: watching TV in Zone 1 (5+1 setup) and kids playing ipod in Zone 2. Zone 1 volume was -30 and Zone 2 volume was fairly high at -10. Unit blinks AMP ERR, turns off, Advanced MCACC light blinks... never to power-on again.

I spoke with Pioneer product support and they suggested that it was my speakers not being within the units specs. But all speakers are 8 ohm home entertainment speakers that are rated within the 1019's freq range.... AND they are the same speakers that I ran from my previous Sony receiver for over 5 years. I'm going to try an measure the impedance of the speakers as suggested by product support just in case but sounded like an unlikely cause for my problems.

Any thoughts on other things I should check?
post #4128 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 AM

^^^^
If I'm to guess, you are either having power issues (e.g. somebody is using welding equipment nearby) or your kids have abruptly started a tune at a very high volume and the amp couldn't react fast enough to shut down before it melted. The latter can blow up speakers unless yours are rated 250W+.

How are you going to measure the speaker impedance? Note that 8Ohm is AC impedance, not just DC resistance. If you measure it with an Ohm meter it will probably be 4-5Ohm, but for some frequencies it might drop below that depending on how the filters in the speakers are designed.
post #4129 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:

I'm having a hard time getting the AVR to recognize a thumb drive. The port is OK - it works with my son's iPod. The drive is 2GB. Its LED flashes when I insert it or if it is in at power up, but then the TV shows "wrong device or no device".
I tried formatting it as FAT16, FAT32, with default sector size, 512b, 2048b, but no change. Tried different volume names or no name. It works perfectly in a computer.
The manual is a bit vague saying that not all drives will work.
I'm not interested in playing music from this drive. I need it to try Hkan's FW update. The AVR can't see the drive regardless of whether it has mp3 or FW files.

I saw a few people in the thread complaining about problems with thumb drives but I couldn't find a resolution.
Did I miss anything?

gunsmoker,

Hkan's firmware update worked great for me. You didn't provide much detail for the process you used. Did you unzip the file from Hkan and read the instructions? To prepare the thumb drive, you need to format it as FAT32 and have no other files on it except the firmware image (i.e., the "AVR_09_1056.mem" file which is 24,706 KB in size). Then perform the following steps:

1. Power down your AVR and insert the thumb stick.
2. Push and hold the TUNE+ button and power up the AVR.
3. Once the AVR powers up, release the TUNE+ button.
4. You should see your current version displayed on the AVR display.
Note: The next step must occur within 10 seconds, or the update mode will time out and you will need to start over.
5. First, push the TUNE+ button again.
6. You should see the word UPDATE on your AVR display.
7. Press ENTER and the display will say UPDATE ? .
8. Press the PRESET+ button to change the display to read UPDATE ? , then press ENTER.
At this point, the AVR display should say PLEASE WAIT while it detects the firmware image.
Next, the AVR display will change to read UPDATE and a bar graph will begin to appear after a couple of minutes to show the update progress. After a few minutes, the AVR display will say COMPLETE, and after 5 seconds, the AVR will power down.
9. With the AVR powered down, remove the thumb stick.
10. Power the AVR up and verify the updated firmware version using the instructions in Hkan's earlier post.

If you have done all of the above, then you didn't miss anything. Otherwise, try this method and let us know if it works for you...

PioneerOne
post #4130 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 AM

I have a Samsung Lcd and Verizon Fios every time I turn on Fios and Lcd I get the error it takes me at least 3 times before I can get the picture
post #4131 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM

PioneerOne, I did all that and at step 8 the display showed NO UPDATE FILE.
The issue is not really in the update file or the procedure. Just the AVR fails to recognize my thumb drive. I tried putting just music on it and it can't see it either. Like I said, my son's iPod works fine and I got to step 8 in the update so I have no doubt that I'm doing the right thing. I'm going to try another ancient thumb drive I know I have somewhere in the house. Gotta find it first, which is not an easy job, given that I have a toddler that eats all sorts of things for breakfast.
post #4132 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:

PioneerOne, I did all that and at step 8 the display showed NO UPDATE FILE.
The issue is not really in the update file or the procedure. Just the AVR fails to recognize my thumb drive. I tried putting just music on it and it can't see it either. Like I said, my son's iPod works fine and I got to step 8 in the update so I have no doubt that I'm doing the right thing. I'm going to try another ancient thumb drive I know I have somewhere in the house. Gotta find it first, which is not an easy job, given that I have a toddler that eats all sorts of things for breakfast.

gunsmoker,

OMG! That poor child! Would you measure that stool sample in MegaBytes or GigaBytes?

Anyway, I concur with your thought of trying an older/smaller thumb drive to see if that works. Also, make sure you get the latest firmware version from Hkan. The link he sent me on Monday actually downloaded V1.056 instead of the V1.053 that he originally posted. Good luck!

PioneerOne
post #4133 of 5176 Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Has there been a firmware fix for the GUI IPOD interface? Does anyone else have issues with it taking like one full second to scroll to the next artist? Is there a way to skip to the next letter in the alphabet? I have like 300 artists, which would literally take 20 minutes to scroll through as it is now. It should be an easy fix to somehow at least let it scroll a page at a time, right?
post #4134 of 5176 Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM

hi, new to the forum, tried searching but couldnt find the answer to the question if this reciever does osd through hdmi. i have fios hd and a sharp aquos tv.
thanks Jason
post #4135 of 5176 Old 06-09-2010, 04:37 PM

First post. Owned the 1019 for a year this month. I just want to thank everyone that posts. I have learned a TON. AVSforum.com has the best community out there. I just updated my firmware at a local Pioneer Service Center to 1.056. NO MORE DD+ AUDIO DROPOUTS on HD-DVD disks now. (I know I could have done it myself through the excellent Hkan fw).
post #4136 of 5176 Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:

[Preparations]
1. Power on only the Main zone.
2. Set the main volume level to -79.5 dB.
[How to enter]
3. Press “HOME MENU” key of the remote control unit and displays HOME MENU screen.
4. On that above conditions, simultaneously press and hold "ENTER" and " MULTI-zone CONTROL" keys for more than 10 seconds.
[How to exit]
Simultaneously press and hold "ENTER" and " MULTI-ZONE CONTROL" keys for short seconds. (The volume level is free.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsneedaqb View Post

I just updated my firmware at a local Pioneer Service Center to 1.056.

vikingsneedaqb,

I just had an interesting thought (I know, it's dangerous). I was wondering if the two firmware images are identical. If you were to follow the instructions in the first quote (from Hkan) and post the version numbers you see on the screen, we would be able to compare to them. I'm betting that they're the same, but this would provide evidence. Would you be willing to do this (in the name of science)? Of course, I would post comparison results. Thanks!

PioneerOne
post #4137 of 5176 Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Re: PioneerOne
Here are the numbers you requested.

VSX-1019AH/CU VERSION : 1.056
SYSCON : RELEASE_360
Rev.1.10652.2.40.4.6
EVENTCON : Rev.1.210 OK
DSP FIRM : Ver.1.005 OK

DEVICE : E2R-L2 1.1 FLASH : 64M
post #4138 of 5176 Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsneedaqb View Post

Re: PioneerOne
Here are the numbers you requested.

VSX-1019AH/CU VERSION : 1.056
SYSCON : RELEASE_360
Rev.1.10652.2.40.4.6
EVENTCON : Rev.1.210 OK
DSP FIRM : Ver.1.005 OK

DEVICE : E2R-L2 1.1 FLASH : 64M

vikingsneedaqb,

I compared your version numbers to the ones resulting from installing Hkan's image and they were a match. We now have some empirical data that suggests the two images are identical. Thanks for providing the data from the "official" Pioneer image.

PioneerOne
post #4139 of 5176 Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM

Is there a list of fixes/updates that the firmware provides?
Hopefully it fixes the remote power-on problem, and the random HDMI video drops...
post #4140 of 5176 Old 06-10-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post

Is there a list of fixes/updates that the firmware provides?
Hopefully it fixes the remote power-on problem, and the random HDMI video drops...

Chillout,

This was only a few posts back...

Quote:

1 The power sometimes cannot be turned on by remote controller.
2 Dropouts in DD+ audio tracks.
3 Voulume down when playing DTS HD Master audio 2ch LtRt signal.
4 iPhone & iPod Touch (firmware Ver.3.0-) cannot be recognized.

If you're interested in getting the firmware update, send a PM to Hkan...

PioneerOne
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page