The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 172 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 5152 Old 05-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can someone PLEASE help me understand the directions for turning on "UP MIX" on Page 57? "1. Switch the receiver to standby." WHAT??? Where is the "standby" setting, key....? Unable to do trying to
follow these instructions.

Another ? while here and hopefully get an answer: I presently have my system setup in 7.1, with the Surround Speakers to right and left of listener; lately am seeing some touting mounting speakers
up above Front R and L............am thinking about moving my present SIDE L & R Surrounds to the FRONT High placement...........what do you think?

TKS michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5152 Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
DOn't know anything about the bulk of your post but the standby button is the on/off button on the upper left of the unit..
At least it is on my 919.
post #5133 of 5152 Old 05-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberized View Post

Can someone PLEASE help me understand the directions for turning on "UP MIX" on Page 57? "1. Switch the receiver to standby." WHAT??? Where is the "standby" setting, key....? Unable to do trying to
follow these instructions.

Another ? while here and hopefully get an answer: I presently have my system setup in 7.1, with the Surround Speakers to right and left of listener; lately am seeing some touting mounting speakers
up above Front R and L............am thinking about moving my present SIDE L & R Surrounds to the FRONT High placement...........what do you think?

TKS michael

Actually, way back when I first bought the AVR and set up my speakers (5.1) I noticed the upmix light indicator light on on the display and thought to myself "what the heck is that?". Realizing is is for those who have 7.1 systems, I disabled it. From what I can recall, you put the avr in standby (off), front panel, hold the enter button then hit the standby/on button. The display on the avr should now show Reset < No >. Follow instructions on pg 57 of user manual to get to upmix and then turn it on.

I don't have a 7.1 so no side speakers for me, but moving yours to above the front L/R doesn't make much sense (shrug). For movies that actually use the side (L/R) channels, that audio is meant for effects which are happening to the side of the listener. Placing those speakers in front would defeat the purpose of having them in the first place.

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio | Polk T15 (front - L/R) | Polk OWM 3 (rear) | DefTech ProCenter1000 (center) | Polk DSW Pro 400 Sub
post #5134 of 5152 Old 05-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Is manual control of individual channel volumes while playing program material  possible with the 1019?  I saw a post where someone mentioned the channel volume controls.  My remote ahas a "TV control" box next to the master volume.  It has a power button, Input button, channel plus and minus buttons, and volume plus and minus buttons.  These don't seem to do anything.  I really want to be able to tweek the volume on each individual channel during playback.

If this is not possible with this receiver, can someone recommend a 5.1 (or higher) receiver that can?
Thanks

post #5135 of 5152 Old 05-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Sorry, I am new here and looking for help. I'm trying to use a Mac mini 2012 as a media center. It works when I hook it to my tv via hdmi but when I route it through my receiver the picture is a complete and unusable blur. Any advice please?
post #5136 of 5152 Old 05-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLing View Post

Is manual control of individual channel volumes while playing program material  possible with the 1019?  I saw a post where someone mentioned the channel volume controls.  My remote ahas a "TV control" box next to the master volume.  It has a power button, Input button, channel plus and minus buttons, and volume plus and minus buttons.  These don't seem to do anything.  I really want to be able to tweek the volume on each individual channel during playback.
If this is not possible with this receiver, can someone recommend a 5.1 (or higher) receiver that can?
Thanks

In the Advanced MCACC menu under manual MCACC you can adjust the output of individual speakers. Is that what you're looking for?
post #5137 of 5152 Old 05-28-2014, 07:38 AM

Thank you. But no, it has everything to do with picture resolution and nothing to do with sound.
post #5138 of 5152 Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

In the Advanced MCACC menu under manual MCACC you can adjust the output of individual speakers. Is that what you're looking for?

No.  What I am looking for involves being able to adjust the volume of individual channels while LISTENING to Analog 5.1. 

Thanks anyway.

post #5139 of 5152 Old 05-30-2014, 10:59 AM

not possible w/this AVR. I don't know of any that has that capability, but worth a post in the general AVR thread.

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio | Polk T15 (front - L/R) | Polk OWM 3 (rear) | DefTech ProCenter1000 (center) | Polk DSW Pro 400 Sub
post #5140 of 5152 Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub1978 View Post

Sorry, I am new here and looking for help. I'm trying to use a Mac mini 2012 as a media center. It works when I hook it to my tv via hdmi but when I route it through my receiver the picture is a complete and unusable blur. Any advice please?

Probably need to mess with the settings on your Mac's graphics adapter. Are you getting sound ok?

post #5141 of 5152 Old 05-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLing View Post

No.  What I am looking for involves being able to adjust the volume of individual channels while LISTENING to Analog 5.1. 
Thanks anyway.

You're talking about TV Channels and not speaker channels I assume..
The only thing I've seen that will adjust the volume is the 'Dialog Enhance' setting under audio parameters. Whenever I change the channel on my DVR it pops up with 'Dialog EN +1' or something to that effect.
However, It's automatic and not something that I'm aware of that you can adjust manually.
post #5142 of 5152 Old 05-30-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

You're talking about TV Channels and not speaker channels I assume..
The only thing I've seen that will adjust the volume is the 'Dialog Enhance' setting under audio parameters. Whenever I change the channel on my DVR it pops up with 'Dialog EN +1' or something to that effect.
However, It's automatic and not something that I'm aware of that you can adjust manually.

No, I'm referring to Left. Right, Center, rear left, rear right. and sub.

post #5143 of 5152 Old 05-30-2014, 02:36 PM

It works great when plugged into the tv via hdmi. Sound too. It just doesn't work with the receiver. Tweaked every setting graphically I could and still not working.
post #5144 of 5152 Old 06-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I see that one of the latest Features offered on most new AV Receivers is DPL IIz for 2 more Speakers placed HIGH up front.....and from reading quite abit about it it appears that the "Back Surround" feed is fed into those speakers. I am seriously considering in my 7.1 setup.....with my 1019AH, moving my present S.Back Speakers up high in front to see IF I like it. My Side Surrounds really Kick the way it is already. WHAT do you think?

TKS michael:rolleyes:
post #5145 of 5152 Old 06-30-2014, 04:19 AM

Liked: 0
Hi, i have a question here. I have a Pioneer VSX-919AH and i plan to buy a blu ray player as i haven buy it earlier. However, blu ray player nowadays comes with version 1.4 HDMI and 3D. Will my reveiver able to support the blu ray player as i know my receiver is vesion 1.3 HDMI? I dont need the 3D. I jus need the full HD function as my tv is not 3D too. Thanks.
post #5146 of 5152 Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Tang View Post
Hi, i have a question here. I have a Pioneer VSX-919AH and i plan to buy a blu ray player as i haven buy it earlier. However, blu ray player nowadays comes with version 1.4 HDMI and 3D. Will my reveiver able to support the blu ray player as i know my receiver is vesion 1.3 HDMI? I dont need the 3D. I jus need the full HD function as my tv is not 3D too. Thanks.
Yes it will, I myself had the 1019, also HDMI 1.3, hooked up to a 3D Sammy Bluray player and it worked fine
post #5147 of 5152 Old 06-30-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Tang View Post

Have a Panasonic DMP-BDT 220 hooked to it, no problems works great.
post #5148 of 5152 Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 AM

I plan to buy a pioneer BDP-150 or 160 blu ray player. Is it recommended wh my receiver?
post #5149 of 5152 Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I tried searching through this massive thread but couldn't find the answer to my problem.

I have an LG BD570 Blue Ray DVD player hooked up to the 1019 using a good HDMI cable. When listening to Pandora radio via the DVD player at only modest levels I get repeated, brief (1 second) sound drop outs. If I then go on to watch a DVD or Nexfix through the DVD player, the drop outs continue until I power the system off and on again. It doesn't happen any other time, like if I go straight to a DVD or Netflix. I am using decent Home Theater Direct speakers and I'm not driving them or the AVR hard when this problem occurs.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on here and if there's some setting I can use to correct the issue?
post #5150 of 5152 Old 07-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, seriously hoping someone can help me here.

I have a BDP-51FD connected by HDMI to a VSX-919AH.

I can not get PQLS to function no matter what I try.

Tried disconnecting all other units (including TV), numerous hard re-starts of both units.

Tried updating firmware to latest versions on both units. (1.74 on BDP and StM 1056 for the AVR)

I have checked all Kuro settings on both units and verified the sound fields are appropriate for 2 channel PQLS playback.

I've posted this question in the BDP-51FD forum as well.

At wits end, any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
post #5151 of 5152 Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola Cereal View Post
I tried searching through this massive thread but couldn't find the answer to my problem.

I have an LG BD570 Blue Ray DVD player hooked up to the 1019 using a good HDMI cable. When listening to Pandora radio via the DVD player at only modest levels I get repeated, brief (1 second) sound drop outs. If I then go on to watch a DVD or Nexfix through the DVD player, the drop outs continue until I power the system off and on again. It doesn't happen any other time, like if I go straight to a DVD or Netflix. I am using decent Home Theater Direct speakers and I'm not driving them or the AVR hard when this problem occurs.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on here and if there's some setting I can use to correct the issue?
just for trouble shooting, try connecting the bd player to the avr using an audio cable instead of hdmi (i.e., toslink/optical or coax) and see if your experiencing the same issue.

post #5152 of 5152 Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitfa17 View Post
OK, seriously hoping someone can help me here.

I have a BDP-51FD connected by HDMI to a VSX-919AH.

I can not get PQLS to function no matter what I try.

Tried disconnecting all other units (including TV), numerous hard re-starts of both units.

Tried updating firmware to latest versions on both units. (1.74 on BDP and StM 1056 for the AVR)

I have checked all Kuro settings on both units and verified the sound fields are appropriate for 2 channel PQLS playback.

I've posted this question in the BDP-51FD forum as well.

At wits end, any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
I've never used this function so not sure how much help I can be, but I assume you have the HDMI control on the bd player set to on or active as well as pqls to auto. device has to be connected by hdmi to avr, and avr has to have kuro link on as well as pqls on auto. When you try and play a cd, does the pqls indicator light come on on the avr?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page