The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 173 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5161 of 5187 Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Had it repaired once during the first year, been rock solid since. Passed it on to my brother recently and upgraded to an Onkyo 929.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 5187 Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Tang View Post
Anybody VSX919 or 1019 having problems here so far after all this years?
Nope, very happy.
post #5163 of 5187 Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I want to know how is ur guys daily usage of tat amp..... For me i use it almost everyday for around 3 or 4 years already whout a single problem but yesterday something weird coming out. I am playing music through CD and switch the input to TV and i see the display on my tv turn pink and a loud hissing+humming sound come out from my right speaker. what could be the problem? as i knw if it is the HDMI board, it is nt worth the fix anymore. I am plugging my satellite receiver into the component and output thru HDMI into my tv. after i off everything and trun on, normal again and i try n try and try, but the situation nt happen anymore. Kinda worry at this point. could it be the receiver or the satellite decoder itself? and did u guys hv the same problem like when u switch input from DVD to blu ray whout turning off both the DVD and Blu ray but u switch the input on the receiver, there is a green flash on the tv for jus 1 second. Is that normal? Thanks:con fused:
post #5164 of 5187 Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedrano1977 View Post
Had it repaired once during the first year, been rock solid since. Passed it on to my brother recently and upgraded to an Onkyo 929.
What problem is ur receiver having?
post #5165 of 5187 Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
What problem is ur receiver having?
I don't recall exactly what went bad, it would just go directly in protection mode when I would turn it on. We have an authorized Pioneer repair shop here in San Antonio, TX, took me about a week to get it fixed.
post #5166 of 5187 Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
I want to know how is ur guys daily usage of tat amp..... For me i use it almost everyday for around 3 or 4 years already whout a single problem but yesterday something weird coming out. I am playing music through CD and switch the input to TV and i see the display on my tv turn pink and a loud hissing+humming sound come out from my right speaker. what could be the problem? as i knw if it is the HDMI board, it is nt worth the fix anymore. I am plugging my satellite receiver into the component and output thru HDMI into my tv. after i off everything and trun on, normal again and i try n try and try, but the situation nt happen anymore. Kinda worry at this point. could it be the receiver or the satellite decoder itself? and did u guys hv the same problem like when u switch input from DVD to blu ray whout turning off both the DVD and Blu ray but u switch the input on the receiver, there is a green flash on the tv for jus 1 second. Is that normal? Thanks:con fused:
So you had one instance of a problem with a pink screen / static into your system, then restarting everything it went away and you haven't seen it since?

I think until it happens again, I wouldn't worry. HDMI is a touchy interface, it could be that the plug reseated itself and is working fine.

I'd make sure your HDMI connections are well set, then just enjoy it. If it happens again, then you can experiment with it.
post #5167 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! My first post here. I've had the VSX-1019AH for about 4 years now, and up until about 6 months ago, everything worked flawlessly. I use all 4 HDMI inputs (Cable, PS3, Apple TV and Media Player) and the HDMI output to my TV. No other inputs are used.

Well, about 6 months ago, after turning on the TV, I noticed there was no sound coming from the speakers connected to the VSX-1019AH (the TV speakers are turned off on purpose). I turned everything off (without unplugging), wiggled a bit the wires in the back (I originally thought something was lose) and voi-la, it worked. I never seemed to find out exactly what the problem was. At first I thought the cleaning lady had moved the VSX-1019AH and disconnected something. Then I thought it was the speaker connection (Bose Acoustimass w/ subwoofer). Then the HDMI output.

Yesterday, it finally gave out. I tried everything but no sound whatsoever comes out. I unplugged everything (including power) and left it like that until morning. I re=plugged the speakers, but there is no sound. Not even the white noise from Manual Speaker configuration. Not even when plugging headphones, tuner, RCA cables with iPod, nada, niet, niente!

And I know both the devices and TV are working, as I had to plug them directly and it worked. Moreover, I know the audio is in fact being read by the VSX-1019AH, as when there are 5.1 surround programing, it shows all the speakers, it recognizes Dolby broadcasts, etc.

I understand about connections, but not about electronics. Is there such thing in the VSX-1019AH's board (such as an audio output transistor/chip) that could have been set lose over time? Like when I moved it in the past I got it working, but now it's completely off?

Sorry about the long post guys...

Thanks, C.
post #5168 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Castro Neves View Post
Hi everyone! My first post here. I've had the VSX-1019AH for about 4 years now, and up until about 6 months ago, everything worked flawlessly. I use all 4 HDMI inputs (Cable, PS3, Apple TV and Media Player) and the HDMI output to my TV. No other inputs are used.

Well, about 6 months ago, after turning on the TV, I noticed there was no sound coming from the speakers connected to the VSX-1019AH (the TV speakers are turned off on purpose). I turned everything off (without unplugging), wiggled a bit the wires in the back (I originally thought something was lose) and voi-la, it worked. I never seemed to find out exactly what the problem was. At first I thought the cleaning lady had moved the VSX-1019AH and disconnected something. Then I thought it was the speaker connection (Bose Acoustimass w/ subwoofer). Then the HDMI output.

Yesterday, it finally gave out. I tried everything but no sound whatsoever comes out. I unplugged everything (including power) and left it like that until morning. I re=plugged the speakers, but there is no sound. Not even the white noise from Manual Speaker configuration. Not even when plugging headphones, tuner, RCA cables with iPod, nada, niet, niente!

And I know both the devices and TV are working, as I had to plug them directly and it worked. Moreover, I know the audio is in fact being read by the VSX-1019AH, as when there are 5.1 surround programing, it shows all the speakers, it recognizes Dolby broadcasts, etc.

I understand about connections, but not about electronics. Is there such thing in the VSX-1019AH's board (such as an audio output transistor/chip) that could have been set lose over time? Like when I moved it in the past I got it working, but now it's completely off?

Sorry about the long post guys...

Thanks, C.
Try a hard reset of the system. I no longer have this unit, but I do recall once having a no audio issue out of the blue and that fixed it for me.
Sent from my HTC One_M8
post #5169 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Try a hard reset of the system. I no longer have this unit, but I do recall once having a no audio issue out of the blue and that fixed it for me.
Sent from my HTC One_M8
You mean pressing Enter + Standby? If so, did that to no avail...

Quick question: if I were to just plug my Receiver to an outlet and set it to Tuner (without the antenna) and plug NOTHING ELSE, not even the speakers, would I be able to hear the white noise (as there's no antenna) by using a set of headphones? 'Cause I tried that too and ZIP...
post #5170 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:42 PM

Yeah I meant that and you should hear white noise on tuner with no antenna. Might be in need of repair.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
post #5171 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah I meant that and you should hear white noise on tuner with no antenna. Might be in need of repair.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Thanks for the quick responses... I'm thinking of upgrading my receiver. What do you suggest?
post #5172 of 5187 Old 08-28-2014, 03:50 PM

If your happy with that one, can't go wrong with the up to date one, the VSX-1123 I believe. I myself went with an Onkyo NR-929 which is getting Dolby Atmos in a firmware update.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
post #5173 of 5187 Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1019 won't turn on

Went to turn on my 1019 and it just clicks and goes off, tried to do the reset and I couldn't even get to the reset. There is a blue light that is flashing does that mean anything? Need help
post #5174 of 5187 Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil84 View Post
Went to turn on my 1019 and it just clicks and goes off, tried to do the reset and I couldn't even get to the reset. There is a blue light that is flashing does that mean anything? Need help

Hi phil84, don't know if this will help but try this. Press and hold the "Multi-Zone On/Off" and the "Tune Down (-)" buttons for about 4-5 seconds and see if it power on.
post #5175 of 5187 Old 08-31-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi phil84, don't know if this will help but try this. Press and hold the "Multi-Zone On/Off" and the "Tune Down (-)" buttons for about 4-5 seconds and see if it power on.
thanks for the help but that didn't work either, i don't know if this will helps but I left it on in my cabinet and it got really hot in there. Then after that it started not turning on and clicking
post #5176 of 5187 Old 08-31-2014, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil84 View Post
thanks for the help but that didn't work either, i don't know if this will helps but I left it on in my cabinet and it got really hot in there. Then after that it started not turning on and clicking

Could try removing the power cord for a few hours.
post #5177 of 5187 Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Could try removing the power cord for a few hours.
tried that too, maybe something internal I need to replace?
post #5178 of 5187 Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever since storm last night when running either directv or dvd player through reciever I get mode not supported on my tv. Direct contecting directv to tv or dvd to tv does not do these. Seems as if electric surge changed resolution setting. Do you know how I can correct this? Thank you
post #5179 of 5187 Old 10-02-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
So you had one instance of a problem with a pink screen / static into your system, then restarting everything it went away and you haven't seen it since?

I think until it happens again, I wouldn't worry. HDMI is a touchy interface, it could be that the plug reseated itself and is working fine.

I'd make sure your HDMI connections are well set, then just enjoy it. If it happens again, then you can experiment with it.
I found the problem and is not the receiver problem..... is the satellite receiver tat connected to it went out..... my 919 is strong until today
post #5180 of 5187 Old 10-02-2014, 03:00 AM

Hi guys, today i notice sumtin happened to my 919..... The blue light in the middle went out..... the receiver works perfectly but just the light didnt light up anymore..... is it a sign of the receiver having problem, or just the light went out?
post #5181 of 5187 Old 10-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Liked: 10
Firmware update?

Hey guys, having trouble with audio dropout when watching DVDs. Does anyone have instructions on how to update firmware and the current version?

I have a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

I'm using a mac, so hopefully it will be compatible with it.

Thanks,

RYAN
post #5182 of 5187 Old 11-17-2014, 05:09 AM

Hello everybody!
I have the same question as odryan, about firmware update, but for the Pioneer VSX 919 AHK!?
1. If there is a new update for the firmware, does create the possibility to read FLAC files via USB?
2. Can someone give me a solution to improove the low spectrum of the sound (bas), It's seems to provide a little to much of the higher frequences and that, without to change the level of the subwoofer in the set-up. I read in this thread, but i did.t find again by my research the exact page wich said that, wich recomand to leave ON an option in main menu, but i do not remember what option is ?!
3. I'm very concerned about the heating up of the receiver, can someone tell me at what temperature the cooler inside start or in what condition is working? (Before i had a sony without a cooler inside and does't heat up so hard)
Sorry for my english writing.
Thank you,
post #5183 of 5187 Old 11-21-2014, 10:53 AM

HKAN or anyone else who has firmware for VSX-1019HK email the instructions and files to googcs@gmail.com

I am unable to PM since I do not have 15 posts yet which is pretty lame requirement
post #5184 of 5187 Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 AM

@Googcs

You can find the firmware for 1019 and the instructions on pioneerfaq.info - fimware - AVR
ATTENTION! I Didn.t made the firmware update, i don.t know if is working, i try to reach HKAN on twitter but no answer...
I was trying to reach him, to find if the firmware posted on the link indicated above is the last one known.
The rules of the forum doesn.t let me to post the exact link
post #5185 of 5187 Old 11-26-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusem View Post
@Googcs

You can find the firmware for 1019 and the instructions on pioneerfaq.info - fimware - AVR
ATTENTION! I Didn.t made the firmware update, i don.t know if is working, i try to reach HKAN on twitter but no answer...
I was trying to reach him, to find if the firmware posted on the link indicated above is the last one known.
The rules of the forum doesn.t let me to post the exact link
here is the link to the site posting the firmware: http://www.pioneerfaq.info/?question=Firmwares&type=AVR

likely that is the latest firmware for the unit.

As to the fixes the firmware provides, I cannot speak to that. I did flash to the latest firmware a long time ago even though I was not experiencing any problems (which is generally not advisable). If you look back to when the firmware was being discussed I think you will find the issues that some users were experiencing (something about having difficulty powering up the unit or turning off w/remote, but I could be wrong). Good luck.

Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio
post #5186 of 5187 Old Today, 07:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Anybody VSX919 or 1019 having problems here so far after all this years?
No worries here! I have the 919 and bought it new in 2009, if I'm not mistaken (I bought it shortly after it came out). Still sounds great although I find the centre channel can be weak for certain movies. I just turn on the "dialog emphasis" (whatever the feature is called) on the AVR when that happens.

Would definitely buy again.

Rich

Last edited by RPicard_1963; Today at 07:19 AM.
post #5187 of 5187 Old Today, 03:03 PM

Liked: 14
Same here..I've had my 919 for about 7 years and I've never had a problem..
I do find that with all three fronts balanced to 75db. the centre dialog is a bit low on some movies so I increased the level by 2db. and left it at that..It seems to give a better balance with the centre boosted a little and definitely gives more impact to explosions and the like..

Home Theater...The never ending story..

Last edited by Prof.; Today at 03:11 PM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page