The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 174 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #5191 of 5193 Old 03-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySudz View Post
I think I can get around this problem by utilizing a SACD decoder when streaming sacd music files on the hard drive
Disregard that statement... Been a long day!

Seriously, Do you have to pass GO to earn editing priveledges .... How do you edit a post ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 5193 Unread Today, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Today I changed the hdmi out cable to a new one on the pioneer 919. Now I see receiver - volume osd on the tv when changing the volume.

Never seen that before on this receiver.
post #5193 of 5193 Unread Today, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Greetings,

Figured I would go ahead and get my feet wet with my first post. 9 more to go and I can send messages.. ' hooray ' . I may have that many before I get the system installed as I'm green.. Question for all past and present VSX-1019 owners. First this though....Okay, so it's 2015 now and I have a VSX-1019 brand new, still in the box. Thats right, same goes for my speaker system. Klipsch floor fronts, rears, center, bass and Harmony One remote still in factory sealed boxes/packaging. I bought these end of 09 but they have been in storage ever since... Long story

I am going to be setting up the speakers soon, looking for input as to whether you would use the VSX-1019 or sell it and seek a newer AVR. I would like to be able to use the 1019 if possible
No reason not to use the 1019. I used it for quite a while as my main AVR, it did fine work driving an Energy RC setup. It is now serving as a music mostly receiver in my bedroom, with my old Oppo BDP-83 as the music source. The 1019 is reliable, has more than enough power and works well with the Oppo, a Vizio display and is just chugging along and sounds great.
Quote:
What I am looking for? I want to be able to stream video and music from my mac and external hard drive thru the system. I have a PS3 slim I will be hooking to the system also. I understand I can stream through the PS3 using an app on my mac. However, I do want to be able to play sacd and dvd-a disc also but the slim does not support format. I think I can get around this problem by utilizing a SACD decoder when streaming sacd music files on the hard drive. At the present I've been researching BDP's .... I'm thinking the Pio BDP 62-FD might be an suitable option supporting the sacd and dvd-a formats.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced BDP to compliment the VSX-1019 that supports sacd and dvd-a ?
Or any other suggestions?

Cheers
If the 62FD is selling at the same price range as the Oppo 103D, I'd go with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page