post #811 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmac84 View Post

gotcha. thanks for the suggestions. unfortunately, I don't see the specific function i'm looking for (Channel Level) on the hex code list... since that function is located on the 0 key, would it be as simple as hitting the 0 key on the Harmony? i'm not at home, so I can't try this out. or would this be something I'd need to contact Pio about?
it's not a huge deal if i still had to use the Pio remote for advanced stuff like this, but it would be nice if i could just stick with the Harmony for everything

technically speaking, you should be able to learn it...

when you are doing the "learn" process, don't try to learn the "receiver" key... press it, and then press the "0" key... this should work...

i'm a bit surprised that the discrete isn't listed in the hex code list, because if you can issue it from the remote (which you can), it has to have a code associated with it... but it's not the first time i'd be surprised...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Liked: 10
Hi,

Not sure if this has been placed here.

http://translate.google.com/translat....areadvd.de%2F

Try this link and convert from DGerman to English via Google Translate

http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2009/...09_vsx_1.shtml
Cheers

Dejoko
post #813 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

if you still have the receipt, return them...

you didn't answer the question. are you using sap in the player?

Chris,

As for the Monster cables comment, I too am not "sold" on spending more than $10 online for HDMI cables that are passing a digital signal (shielding is perhaps worth it with older analog audio/video signals), but I wanted to rule out "bad" cable connections...

I looked through the BD390 settings and don't see SAP settings... Please advise ;-)
post #814 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGGeneric View Post

True, but I'm just going through the progressions...checking the connections, checking the cabling, checking setups, you know the drill.

That'll work. Speaking of going through progressions, I assume you checked the cable connections?

I reviewed your 1019 setup:

VSX-1019
PCM Multi-Ch In: Stream Direct
7.1 Speaker configuration

Your input processing selection might not jive with what the BD390 is sending. Change your receiver input setting to "AUTO" by pressing [RECEIVER], then SIGNAL SEL and keep pressing SIGNAL SEL again to go through the options until you set it as AUTO. Leave the HDMI setting on the BD390 set to Pass Thru. This is how mine is set up, and I have no issues.

I tried to change the SIGSEL setting but cannot get it to budge away from "HDMI".... How do you get to "AUTO"???
post #815 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 PM

I figured it out I think... Unless you have other digital/analog connections in addition to HDMI, then "SIGSEL" will only give you HDMI as an option...

On another note, I just realized I should check if there is a FW update for my BD390 player...
post #816 of 5153 Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endraq View Post

Chris,

As for the Monster cables comment, I too am not "sold" on spending more than $10 online for HDMI cables that are passing a digital signal (shielding is perhaps worth it with older analog audio/video signals), but I wanted to rule out "bad" cable connections...

I looked through the BD390 settings and don't see SAP settings... Please advise ;-)

yea, i couldn't resist the shot at the monster cables... bad form on my part, i'm sorry...

oops... "secondary audio program"... the yak track by the director/whoever laid over the audio for the movie...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #817 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 07:14 AM

Reading through the posts, and messing a bit with the 1019's MCACC, I think that I know the answer, but just want to ask (hoping i'm wrong).

There is only one "system wide" crossover setting, correct?

I started out with 5 energy take satellites that like a fairly high crossover, but am waiting on some new tower fronts (RC-50's) and a large center (RC-LCR), but will need to keep the existing satellite surrounds for a bit longer. I have a sub as well and am just trying to figure how to best approach the crossover issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 75% music / 25% movies
post #818 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

yes, this is true... it's roughly analogous to the "alt" key on a keyboard... essentially it tells the remote "send this code, not the other code"... it's not telling the avr anything...

and i agree, it's a complicated mess...

How do you activate the functions noted in blue on the remote? I don't see a blue button anywhere. Guess I haven't played with long enough! And yes, it is a mess.

rickybob
post #819 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux426 View Post

Reading through the posts, and messing a bit with the 1019's MCACC, I think that I know the answer, but just want to ask (hoping i'm wrong).

There is only one "system wide" crossover setting, correct?

I started out with 5 energy take satellites that like a fairly high crossover, but am waiting on some new tower fronts (RC-50's) and a large center (RC-LCR), but will need to keep the existing satellite surrounds for a bit longer. I have a sub as well and am just trying to figure how to best approach the crossover issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 75% music / 25% movies

Yup - one system wide crossover, AFAIK.
post #820 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

crossover is global... this is true of all pioneer units, ever since i can remember...

here's an interesting read which explains why having a global xover is a good idea...

- chris

post #821 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 AM

Hernanu & ccotenj (chris),
Thanks so much for the quick reply and informative info on my crossover question. I'll head on over to that link and give it a read.

Regards!
post #822 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 AM

So can anyone that either has a 6.1 or 7.1 setup confirm that a movie with either DTS-HD Master 5.1 or PCM 5.1 can matrix to the back surround speakers? I ask because mine wont matrix either DTS-HD Master 5.1 or PCM 5.1 and only those two audio formats,they just wont play on the back surrounds you only hear the 5.1 and thats it.
post #823 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endraq View Post

I tried to change the SIGSEL setting but cannot get it to budge away from "HDMI".... How do you get to "AUTO"???

I think I may have quoted the wrong info from the owners manual. Sorry for the confusion.

What I should have refered to is on page 53 of the manual:

"There are many ways to listen back to sources
using this receiver, but for the simplest, most
direct listening option is the Auto Surround
feature. The receiver automatically detects what
kind of source you're playing and selects
multichannel or stereo playback as necessary.

While listening to a source, press [RECEIVER},
then press AUTO/ALC/DIRECT
(AUTO SURR/ALC/STREAM DIRECT)2 for
auto playback of a source.

AUTO SURROUND shows briefly in the display
before showing the decoding or playback
format. Check the digital format indicators in
the front panel display to see how the source is
being processed."

My receiver is set to "auto surround" and the 'Pass-Thru" setting for HDMI on my BD390. The receiver does all the work, and displays the coding of the soundtrack, vice letting the BD390 decode and send a PCM signal.

Have you tried different HDMI inputs on the receiver with the same results? (Lame attempt at troubleshooting, yes. I should have stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. )
post #824 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post

So can anyone that either has a 6.1 or 7.1 setup confirm that a movie with either DTS-HD Master 5.1 or PCM 5.1 can matrix to the back surround speakers? I ask because mine wont matrix either DTS-HD Master 5.1 or PCM 5.1 and only those two audio formats,they just wont play on the back surrounds you only hear the 5.1 and thats it.

Sorry I can't help, but hope someone here can get you the answer you need soon. I'm sure you've already tried everything on pages 56 and 57 of the manual. I can imagine your frustration.

Have you tried contacting Pioneer customer service?
post #825 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGGeneric View Post

Sorry I can't help, but hope someone here can get you the answer you need soon. I'm sure you've already tried everything on pages 56 and 57 of the manual. I can imagine your frustration.

Have you tried contacting Pioneer customer service?

No i haven't tried Pioneer customer service i just figured they wouldnt be able too answer my question correctly. Sounds strange but thats how i feel about customer service for most companies.
post #826 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM

All I do everyday is sit here and read all your posts about this receiver, without actually having one to play with!

I've had a backorder pending with JR for weeks now with no sign of the order being filled...

What gives? Are manufacturer backorders this common?
post #827 of 5153 Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM

I've read the entire thread and seems there are not many PJ owners out there. My issue is HD from my Motorola cable box. All it says is "will be available shortly" but never picks up the signal. Standard channels work fine. I'm not sure if it's on my end or the cable company. I paid for the HD service.

I'm using HDMI. BD-PS3, HDMI 1 to PJ, and HDMI 2 to cable box. No issues with anything else but HD. I'm going to call the cable company tomorrow after I double check everything one more time.
post #828 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 AM

I've asked this question earlier in this thread, but since I've had no reply, allow me to try it again.

Now here's my problem:
After listening to some audio CD's, I noticed a lot of hisses in the high tones.
Vocals almost seem to "lisp". This is also audible on movies, but listening to a music source is particularly annoying.

I've tried several calibrations and adjustments, but no matter what settings I choose, the sharp hissing on voices stay. I also noticed that the other non-configured presets had the same problem. My last Pio (VSX-D511) had a much nicer sound on the vocals.

Does this ring a bell to anyone, perhaps someone has the same experience, or could it be of a wrong setup? All my other devices have been unchanged, only the receiver has been changed. My last chance is of some manual EQ setting that could filter the hisses if I changed the correct frequency band or something.....

I'm using the settings as stated below:

Symmetry calibrated, using the MCAAC guide found elsewhere.
Listening mode for music is either "Auto Surround" or "Stereo".
EQ=On
S-wave=Off
Tone=On, Bass=6, Treble=0
S.Rtrv=Off
Phase Control=On
Speakers=Small (I've have 2 large Magnats fronts, large center, a sub and two small surrounds)
X.Over=100Hz
X-Curve=Off

Please help me....you are my only hope,

B.M.
post #829 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeranMuden View Post

I've asked this question earlier in this thread, but since I've had no reply, allow me to try it again.

Now here's my problem:
After listening to some audio CD's, I noticed a lot of hisses in the high tones.
Vocals almost seem to "lisp". This is also audible on movies, but listening to a music source is particularly annoying.

I've tried several calibrations and adjustments, but no matter what settings I choose, the sharp hissing on voices stay. I also noticed that the other non-configured presets had the same problem. My last Pio (VSX-D511) had a much nicer sound on the vocals.

Does this ring a bell to anyone, perhaps someone has the same experience, or could it be of a wrong setup? All my other devices have been unchanged, only the receiver has been changed. My last chance is of some manual EQ setting that could filter the hisses if I changed the correct frequency band or something.....

I'm using the settings as stated below:

Symmetry calibrated, using the MCAAC guide found elsewhere.
Listening mode for music is either "Auto Surround" or "Stereo".
EQ=On
S-wave=Off
Tone=On, Bass=6, Treble=0
S.Rtrv=Off
Phase Control=On
Speakers=Small (I've have 2 large Magnats fronts, large center, a sub and two small surrounds)
X.Over=100Hz
X-Curve=Off

Please help me....you are my only hope,

B.M.

The X-Curve may help. Play with it...
post #830 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 AM

Hi, I own the 1019, can you tell me if this model is HDMI passtrough ?
My aim is to be able to use my sat decoder connected to the 1019, whitout to switch it to on, to have the image and sound on my tv.

Regards.
post #831 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

no.

there seems to be some confusion on a few of the pioneer threads (and maybe some others) about the definition of "hdmi passthrough"...

fwiw, "hdmi passthrough" is not "allow an hdmi signal through when the receiver off"...

- chris

post #832 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 AM

ok maybe, but in this case, is the 1019 able to forward the image/sound to the TV when it's in standby mode ?
Because some onkyo and yamaha have this usefull feature.
post #833 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemotard View Post

ok maybe, but in this case, is the 1019 able to forward the image/sound to the TV when it's in standby mode ?

No.
post #834 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post

I just did a quick search on the site and found this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1146756

Looks like a nice discussion, and may have the answer you're looking for (as long as Dolby PLIIx can be applied to the signal, you'll have 7.1 matrixed surround sound). Of course, I'll have to wait to get home to be absolutely sure that this line of Pio receivers will allow PLIIx to be applied to a PCM signal (can't check DTS-MA, because of the PS3), but I'd be very surprised if it did not.
post #835 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper31 View Post

I just did a quick search on the site and found this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1146756

Looks like a nice discussion, and may have the answer you're looking for (as long as Dolby PLIIx can be applied to the signal, you'll have 7.1 matrixed surround sound). Of course, I'll have to wait to get home to be absolutely sure that this line of Pio receivers will allow PLIIx to be applied to a PCM signal (can't check DTS-MA, because of the PS3), but I'd be very surprised if it did not.

Interesting forum you found although that was one that i have also tried PLIIx and still no luck with the two audio formats. Ill be curious to here your results when you get home, i sure would like to know if this line of receivers will do that or not. Let me know any other settings you do other than the defaults if it really does end up working for you.

Thanks
post #836 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemotard View Post

it's not "maybe"...

the answer is no. there are workarounds to do what you want. if you go to the first post of the sc-05/07 thread (available by clicking on the link in my signature), you'll find them there...

- chris

post #837 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 AM

I just purchased this receiver. I am novice and cannot seem to get even the setup menu on the screen. I have an hitachi HDTV 1080i and have connected the receiver via an hdmi cable but when I hit the home menu button to set it up I get nothing. I have made sure my hdmi cable is connected to the out hdmi port on the back of the reciever and the hdmi port on my TV has not changed. I can move the hdmi cable to my cable box and it works fine. Please help if you can.
post #838 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrjason View Post

I just purchased this receiver. I am novice and cannot seem to get even the setup menu on the screen. I have an hitachi HDTV 1080i and have connected the receiver via an hdmi cable but when I hit the home menu button to set it up I get nothing. I have made sure my hdmi cable is connected to the out hdmi port on the back of the reciever and the hdmi port on my TV has not changed. I can move the hdmi cable to my cable box and it works fine. Please help if you can.

Push the 'Receiver' button first, then the Home screen button.
post #839 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post

Push the 'Receiver' button first, then the Home screen button.

That is the "Receiver" button on the lower right hand part of the remote. There is also a receiver button on the top left hand part that is more obvious, but just toggles power.
post #840 of 5153 Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

That is the "Receiver" button on the lower right hand part of the remote. There is also a receiver button on the top left hand part that is more obvious, but just toggles power.

Yes, the one on the bottom right...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page