Forum Jump: 

post #1711 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper31 View Post

No problem, glad it helped. That Receiver button has been a point of frustration for many people.

Yeah, no kidding. Everytime I press the home audio button the blu ray player gui would come on. I was freaken mad until I learn about the little "receiver" button (which is hard to see) on the remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

A couple of things to check, some of which you've probably already done, but for completeness....

1. Make sure the switch at the bottom of your remote is set to "Main".
2. Select one of the functions ("TV") at the top.
3. Which HDMI input is your TV set to?
4. The sequence is (the bottom) -> Home Menu (little house on lower left corner of the center wheel).
5. I would suggest setting up one of the functions (TV or DVD?), since that way you can be sure you're set up both video and sound in a predictable manner.

You need to be able to access the GUI to use your system. If you can't, return / replace; you shouldn't be having a problem using the GUI.

HTIB? the foolishness of the young.

hernanu

Thank you much for the response!

I did send video and audio (after turning volume way up - but thats a later fix) using a DVD through analog cables to DVD and PS3 using HDMI cable to HDMI 1.

Remote is not working at all. Not Receiver (top left), Source, or receiver (bottom) or Home Menu (house icon) though the infrared light flashes each time I press a button.

This purchase was an open box buy. Maybe the Remote was changed and needs to be reset?? Also, I did turn the Vierra on my Panny off.

Next Steps? I sooo need to prove youth too quick to give up...
post #1713 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Oh and remote switch is on Main ...
post #1714 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Sounds like a good idea to change remotes, if possible.
post #1715 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 PM

I am new to this whole Audio world and don;t want to make a mistake when selecting equipment for my new HT system. Therefore I'd like to post my system (existing + to be purchased) and hope some one can comment and advice on how well it'll work together.

1) Just bought new Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M HDTV
2) Just bought new PS3 with 120GB
3) Got a good deal and planning to buy the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K
4) Planning to buy the following speakers. Budget is tight so I hope the speakers will work with the receiver and even though they are not the best my requirements/needs are not that high so likely I'll be happy (as long as they don't damage in some way the receiver)...so here is a list of them with links:

- Center

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

- Front

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

- Surround

- Subwoofer

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-1.html

I know many of you Pro's out there may think there are much better speakers out there and I know there are./......but I cannot afford much more than what I've listed above.
Main questions is.........will these speakers work half decent with the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver without causing any problems?

Thanks for your comments.
post #1716 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
hmmm...

the fronts should be ok...

the center, otoh, 4 ohm, 86db sensitivity... that might be pushing the limits... same deal on the surrounds (4 ohm, 89 db)...

unsolicited advice... visit the speaker subforum... people might be able to suggest some easier to drive in-walls...

if money is tight, rather than cheaping out on the speakers, imo, your better option is get them a few at a time (i.e. get fronts, then center, then sub, then surrounds) as budget permits...

otherwise, you'll just end up throwing away money...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #1717 of 5162 Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Thanks Chris,
Did as you've suggested and just posted my appeal in the speakers board for help/speakers suggestions within the same price range....hope someone can suggest better combination while still staying with in-wall/in-ceiling and with the 15 degrees angled surrounds.
Appreciate your help Sir.
post #1718 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocho111 View Post

I know many of you Pro's out there may think there are much better speakers out there and I know there are./......but I cannot afford much more than what I've listed above.
Main questions is.........will these speakers work half decent with the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver without causing any problems?

A couple of questions:

1. Do they need to be in-wall or in-ceiling? if not, if you can put them on the wall, then your price options go up in a hurry. There are some great deals out there right now. You get more bang for your buck on bookshelf or standing speakers.

2. If you are set on these, there is a mismatch of capabilities and characteristics. I think you'd be better off taking the front speakers and getting five of those. It saves you about $80 and gives you equal quality across your front - it's not as critical with the surrounds, but why not use them there as well, since they are less expensive than the surrounds you chose. It also gives you 8 ohm impedance across the board, and 90+ sensitivity, which is much better for this system than the 4 ohm / 80 DB sensitivity of the others.

3. Can't go wrong with a HSU sub, but you do have to consider your room size and the use you'll put it to. If you want lots of movie LFE, with emphasized explosions, etc., you may be disappointed in a large room. If you are in an apartment, or a smaller room, then this sub will be just fine.

4. As pointed out by ccotenj, if you can spend more money on fewer speakers and do this incrementally, it may be better in the long run, but it's your call.

5. The 1019 is not built to drive 4 ohm speakers, so IMO, I'd stay away from them.
post #1719 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM

Ok, pressing and then pressing & holding after restarting power has worked and now I can get into the GUI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have a chance now that I can get into the GUI.

Is there a particularly good place to go to to help with the set-up?

Although the Set-box (not hi-def) is direct into the TV now with coax cable, I will be getting a hi-def setbox and assume I will be able to use hdmi to the 1019.

I also will have PS3 (hdmi) and DVD/VHS player (analog) connected.

Any suggestions on assigning Inputs?

It looks like there is a lot here on PS3 hookups for video and audio. Right now audio is only in L and R speakers.

I'm so excited Remote and GUI works !!!!

Old dogs can...
post #1720 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

A couple of questions:

5. The 1019 is not built to drive 4 ohm speakers, so IMO, I'd stay away from them.

That's what I thought, but if you go by what they measured at Home Theater Magazine, it seems that 4 Ohms means more power and less distortion:

----------
This graph shows that the VSX-1019AH’s left channel, from CD input to speaker output with two channels driving 8-ohm loads, reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 107.8 watts and 1 percent distortion at 124.0 watts. Into 4 ohms, the amplifier reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 133.8 watts and 1 percent distortion at 161.6 watts.
----------
post #1721 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Liked: 14
I bought a new sub - Klipsch Sub-10 - and had to recalibrate. Eventhough I knew that the sub had to be set to PLUS to turn it on for 2-channel PCM with large speakers, I fell for this again and I lost an hour wondering why the bass disappeared. The Auto MCACC basically overwrites the manual speaker settings and sets the sub to YES and then you need to overwrite it manually to PLUS. Beware of that!
post #1722 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 AM

Thanks for your kind comments hernanu,
Here are the answers:

1) Yes they the front ones and the center need to be in the wall. The surrounds need to be in-ceiling. This is how the wiring is done. No sense in scrapping everything and starting all over gain pulling new wires.

2) Getting all 7 speakers same as the front ones is an option but I was hoping the in-ceiling surrounds would allow me to angle them as needed and the front ones I've sellected so far do not allow that.

3) The portion of my basement where the system goes in is 7' wide x 15' long x 7.5' tall, and based on the HSU site i considered "small room". So the HSU sub should be perfect for there?

Thanks.

Quote:

A couple of questions:

1. Do they need to be in-wall or in-ceiling? if not, if you can put them on the wall, then your price options go up in a hurry. There are some great deals out there right now. You get more bang for your buck on bookshelf or standing speakers.

2. If you are set on these, there is a mismatch of capabilities and characteristics. I think you'd be better off taking the front speakers and getting five of those. It saves you about $80 and gives you equal quality across your front - it's not as critical with the surrounds, but why not use them there as well, since they are less expensive than the surrounds you chose. It also gives you 8 ohm impedance across the board, and 90+ sensitivity, which is much better for this system than the 4 ohm / 80 DB sensitivity of the others.

3. Can't go wrong with a HSU sub, but you do have to consider your room size and the use you'll put it to. If you want lots of movie LFE, with emphasized explosions, etc., you may be disappointed in a large room. If you are in an apartment, or a smaller room, then this sub will be just fine.

4. As pointed out by ccotenj, if you can spend more money on fewer speakers and do this incrementally, it may be better in the long run, but it's your call.

post #1723 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post

That's what I thought, but if you go by what they measured at Home Theater Magazine, it seems that 4 Ohms means more power and less distortion:

----------
This graph shows that the VSX-1019AH's left channel, from CD input to speaker output with two channels driving 8-ohm loads, reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 107.8 watts and 1 percent distortion at 124.0 watts. Into 4 ohms, the amplifier reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 133.8 watts and 1 percent distortion at 161.6 watts.
----------

yea, but you are forgetting the other part of the equation, that being the current required to reach said wattage... and that's where the avr is going to choke...

keep in mind that an "ideal" amplifier will double it's wattage output with every halving of resistance... however, it will require twice as much current to do so...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #1724 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for your kind comments hernanu,
Here are the answers:

1) Yes they the front ones and the center need to be in the wall. The surrounds need to be in-ceiling. This is how the wiring is done. No sense in scrapping everything and starting all over gain pulling new wires.

2) Getting all 7 speakers same as the front ones is an option but I was hoping the in-ceiling surrounds would allow me to angle them as needed and the front ones I've sellected so far do not allow that.

3) The portion of my basement where the system goes in is 7' wide x 15' long x 7.5' tall, and based on the HSU site i considered "small room". So the HSU sub should be perfect for there?

Thanks.

I'd get the FrontL/Center/FrontR then all of the same type, the one that you had for the fronts in your description. It seemed pretty capable. The most demand will be placed on those.

In a smaller space, will directionality for the sides be that important? I don't think much dialogue comes through that, so mostly the supporting environmental sound (I think). As long as they are not right by the wall, you may not get much improvement from the angling - this would actually be a good question in the speakers forum.

The space sounds perfect for the HSU. Great choice.
post #1725 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:

I am new to this whole Audio world and don;t want to make a mistake when selecting equipment for my new HT system. Therefore I'd like to post my system (existing + to be purchased) and hope some one can comment and advice on how well it'll work together.

1) Just bought new Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M HDTV
2) Just bought new PS3 with 120GB
3) Got a good deal and planning to buy the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K
4) Planning to buy the following speakers. Budget is tight so I hope the speakers will work with the receiver and even though they are not the best my requirements/needs are not that high so likely I'll be happy (as long as they don't damage in some way the receiver)...so here is a list of them with links:

- Center

- Front

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

- Surround

- Subwoofer

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-1.html

I have the Pany 1019, using FLC in walls from Bestbuy. You can get really desent sound from your inwall spks. I find that the 1019 drives my pretty well, where my voulume is around 25, when watching bluray movies, when watching TV via optical from a Dishnetwork 722, SD channels are too loud for that settings, but HD sound (DD) the volume increase to around 21.
I had the Denon 790 and the 1019 blows it away. I wish not to start a debate as I currently own a Denon AVR 2809.
post #1726 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Hi, I've heard Pioneer direct has a discount code they recently sent out via newsletter and/or to registered customers... 20% I believe. If somebody has this could you please PM it to me? Thank you.
post #1727 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Hi all-Thanks for your patience with this, it's been a pretty difficult receiver to get over the past few months. Vanns now has limited quantity of the vsx1019's in stock:
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search
post #1728 of 5162 Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkelsey11 View Post

Hi, I've heard Pioneer direct has a discount code they recently sent out via newsletter and/or to registered customers... 20% I believe. If somebody has this could you please PM it to me? Thank you.

I'd be interested in this code as well
post #1729 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike2609 View Post

Ok, pressing and then pressing & holding after restarting power has worked and now I can get into the GUI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have a chance now that I can get into the GUI.

Is there a particularly good place to go to to help with the set-up?

Although the Set-box (not hi-def) is direct into the TV now with coax cable, I will be getting a hi-def setbox and assume I will be able to use hdmi to the 1019.

I also will have PS3 (hdmi) and DVD/VHS player (analog) connected.

Any suggestions on assigning Inputs?

It looks like there is a lot here on PS3 hookups for video and audio. Right now audio is only in L and R speakers.

I'm so excited Remote and GUI works !!!!

Old dogs can...

Start here. I know I keep re-posting the link to the Official MCCAC thread, but the information there is invaluable! That will get you going with the receiver setup.

As far as input assignments go, I think an important thing to remember is that the Blu-ray input is NOT assignable; so, for example, you can not use digital optical or coaxial sound with this input, it is HDMI only. Other than that, it's easy enough to determine which inputs to use for your various components by looking at which video and audio inputs they let you assign. Don't worry about the default name of the input, you can change that!

Oh and one more thing, if you want to use optical or coaxial sound with an HDMI video input, remember once they are assigned in the GUI you'll need to back out of the menu, switch to the source, and press the Receiver button then the Signal Select button to switch the sound signal to digital. The receiver defaults to HDMI for sound whenever an HDMI cable is connected to an input.

Did I confuse more than help?? Good luck!
post #1730 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post

I'd be interested in this code as well

Give this a try

2SRU39BRG5
post #1731 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
just came here to post this code
post #1732 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Liked: 11
I currently have a Denon AVR-987, which has 2 HDMI inputs, and I'm thinking about upgrading to the 1019.

My question is, besides the extra HDMI ports, am I going to be able to tell a big difference between these two receivers? I just ordered a pair of EMP E5Ti's for my fronts and an E5Ci for my center, and I'll be using KEF 2005's for my surround.
post #1733 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM

Does the VSX1019 have a sleep mode or anyway to have it shut down after a specific time? Thanks.
post #1734 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsax777 View Post

Does the VSX1019 have a sleep mode or anyway to have it shut down after a specific time? Thanks.

Yes. Standard 30, 60 or 90 minutes duration.
post #1735 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAC21 View Post

Give this a try

2SRU39BRG5

Thanks, DAC21. Much appreciated.
post #1736 of 5162 Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out...

I have the vsx-1019ah with a pair of energy c-50 and a c-c50 center speakers. I used the MACC to set up the config and it sound great but there's a bit of volume difference between the voice and bass frequencies. Is there a way to lower the bass level?

When watching movies at a good volume (able to hear the actors talk) and an action scene comes on, the bass becomes overwhelming where I would need to turn the volume down (for example from volume level -20 to -32). After the scene is over, I would need to turn the volume back up to hear the voices again. Is there a way to lower the bass? I can't seem to find it.
post #1737 of 5162 Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:

The 21txh is superior to the 1019, 919 and 819 in features and component quality. The question is whether, based on your needs, it's worth the extra bucks.

Reasons I would go for it (In decreasing order of importance):
  1. Better amplifier section.
  2. 7.1 speakers vs. 5.1 on the 819.
  3. Wolfson Digital to analog converters - much higher quality, improves sound quality, probably not as much as better speakers, though.
  4. Streaming capability.
  5. 7.1 Pre-outs. This would allow you, when you need more power, to connect the 21 to separate amplifiers to provide the best power available to your speakers.
  6. three zones, both video and sound.

I'm sure there are several other features that might be important to you, outside of the very subjective "... but it's just better so I gotta have it!" that I sometimes fall into.

If you do get it, I'd move the existing 919 out and use the 21 as your main AVR.

I have been trying to decide whther to buy the 1019 or the 21txh and have recently seen the Elite 21txh at a price of only about $10 more than the 1019. Thus price is not a factor. Since you seem to know a lot about these two receivers I value your opinion and will likely buy the 21TXh which has a 2 yr vs. 1 year warranty for the 1019. If possible could you respond to these questions:
1. Why is the 21txh about 10 lbs. heavier than the 1019? Are the heavier components (whatever they may be) the reason why you say the 21txh has a"better amplifier section". What do you mean by "better"?
2. I have read that the 1019 runs quite hot. Does the 21txh also run hot? Perhaps the extra weight is due to better heat sinks or????? Does anyone know?
3. I don't know what you mean by "streaming capability" Please advise.
4. Does the 1019 have any advantages over the 21TXH?
Many thanks for your help.
post #1738 of 5162 Old 10-29-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper31 View Post

Start here. I know I keep re-posting the link to the Official MCCAC thread, but the information there is invaluable! That will get you going with the receiver setup.

As far as input assignments go, I think an important thing to remember is that the Blu-ray input is NOT assignable; so, for example, you can not use digital optical or coaxial sound with this input, it is HDMI only. Other than that, it's easy enough to determine which inputs to use for your various components by looking at which video and audio inputs they let you assign. Don't worry about the default name of the input, you can change that!

Oh and one more thing, if you want to use optical or coaxial sound with an HDMI video input, remember once they are assigned in the GUI you'll need to back out of the menu, switch to the source, and press the Receiver button then the Signal Select button to switch the sound signal to digital. The receiver defaults to HDMI for sound whenever an HDMI cable is connected to an input.

Did I confuse more than help?? Good luck!

I think I understood the last paragraph... One thing I am unsure of is whether there is any advantage to use optical or coax as opposed to just pushing both video and audio through HDMI (seems easier through 1)

Swapped set-top box to a high-def one and plugged into HDMI3 and renamed to TV (yeah). DVD/VHS plugged with analog cables to DVD. Anyway, I have put my son's PS3 into HDMI2 and renamed to PS3 (yeah). Set sudio out of PS3 to LPCM not Bitstream (will need to research PS3 comments also)

Was able to program the setbox to output in 1080i and 720p and think the 1080i looked a tad better on my my 42X1. Also able to work with my son to output PS3 as 1080i.

Need to check to see if the DVD is being upscaled. Havent done that yet. But that's on the To-Do list!

Going to spend time on the Audio later today. Sound is coming out of L and R not Center or Surround.

So...this forum has been a godsend!!!

To-DOs
1. Figure out how to get Surround vs Stereo
2. Video upscaling of DVD
3. Get Zone 2 stereo working

Thanks for the MCACC link. I have gone there. I am not an audiophile and am blown away at all the tweaking it looks like you can do with the 1019!
post #1739 of 5162 Old 10-29-2009, 05:28 AM

Quote:

I think I understood the last paragraph... One thing I am unsure of is whether there is any advantage to use optical or coax as opposed to just pushing both video and audio through HDMI (seems easier through 1)

Using HDMI for audio and video is certainly the most convenient and full-featured way to go, as HDMI will carry the HD audio codecs that Blu-ray is capable of. I just wanted to cover some typical setup issues that people run in to.

Quote:

Swapped set-top box to a high-def one and plugged into HDMI3 and renamed to TV (yeah). DVD/VHS plugged with analog cables to DVD. Anyway, I have put my son's PS3 into HDMI2 and renamed to PS3 (yeah). Set sudio out of PS3 to LPCM not Bitstream (will need to research PS3 comments also)

Sounds like you are on your way! Is your PS3 the new Slim model? If so, it can bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio so you can get the nice little lights on the receiver to turn on. Sound quality is identical either way. (Note: LPCM vs. bitstream audio quality is highly debated, and the previous sentence states my opinion on the matter, if only because I can only send LPCM from my PS3 )

Quote:

Was able to program the setbox to output in 1080i and 720p and think the 1080i looked a tad better on my my 42X1. Also able to work with my son to output PS3 as 1080i.

I have set my cable box to always output 1080i. This makes changing between channels that are output in different resolutions much faster, and I think the convenience of that far outweighs the slight quality improvement I may (or may not) get from letting my TV upscale 480i and 720p resolutions. Of course, depending on your cable box and TV your results may vary.

Quote:

Need to check to see if the DVD is being upscaled. Havent done that yet. But that's on the To-Do list!

Going to spend time on the Audio later today. Sound is coming out of L and R not Center or Surround.

So...this forum has been a godsend!!!

To-DOs
1. Figure out how to get Surround vs Stereo
2. Video upscaling of DVD
3. Get Zone 2 stereo working

Thanks for the MCACC link. I have gone there. I am not an audiophile and am blown away at all the tweaking it looks like you can do with the 1019!

Good luck with the rest of your set up, and come back with any questions!
post #1740 of 5162 Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmeister View Post

I have been trying to decide whther to buy the 1019 or the 21txh and have recently seen the Elite 21txh at a price of only about $10 more than the 1019. Thus price is not a factor. Since you seem to know a lot about these two receivers I value your opinion and will likely buy the 21TXh which has a 2 yr vs. 1 year warranty for the 1019. If possible could you respond to these questions:
1. Why is the 21txh about 10 lbs. heavier than the 1019? Are the heavier components (whatever they may be) the reason why you say the 21txh has a"better amplifier section". What do you mean by "better"?.

The 21TXH has published power ratings of 110W x 7 (20Hz - 20kHz, .09% THD @ 8 ohms, All Channels Driven) for surround sound. This means that they specify that they've tested the power at that value (110W) for all 7 channels (speakers) for the human audible range (20Hz to 20 KHz). So they are saying that if you ever need to apply 110 W on all 7 channels, at any frequency that you may encounter, it can handle it.

The 1019 has published ratings of 120 W at 1kHz w/0.05% THD @ 8 ohm. which at first blush seems better, but is only done for one channel at one frequency (1KHz). This means that although the surround performance is rated at 120W, they do NOT specify that it is for all channels driven, for the full audible range, as the 21TXH does. Testing that has been done supports as high as 75 W per channel to some who say 35 to 40 for the 1019 with all channels driven. It's a sleight of hand that bothers me a bit, since it implies that this one channel performance is equivalent to others that drive all channels.

So the amplifier section in the 21TXH seems to be better than the 1019's, mainly due to its ability to handle high power delivery uniformly across the human audible frequency spectrum. This is more important if you have speakers with low impedance (4, 6 ohm) or lower efficiency (80 db sensitivity).

Realistically, though, most listening is done with fairly low power demand (5-20 watts) and unless you have some test tones, you are not going to drive all channels at the same level at all times. The situations where this becomes more important is when you like to play your sources at a high volume (parties?, movies?).

There is a train of thought that says that amps that can handle more power are more stable at normal listening levels, but the differences there are not quantifiable as far as sound goes. It's like saying a Ferrari will perform better than a Camry at 55 mph because it can perform well at 145 mph - not necessarily the case.

Anyways, the technology for both the 1019 and the 21TXH amps is the same, the Advanced Direct Energy MOSFET technology, so there is not a difference in technology, just implementation.

Quote:

2. I have read that the 1019 runs quite hot. Does the 21txh also run hot? Perhaps the extra weight is due to better heat sinks or????? Does anyone know?.

The 1019 can run hot, although I think it's actually the outside that "runs hot"; the heat sinks seem to be pretty efficient in expelling the heat, so it is pushed out rather than concentrating in the housing. Regardless, it was affecting the enclosure (fully enclosed) that I have all my components in, so I bought a twin 120 mm fan kit, installed it and the whole enclosure has been cool since. No problem. Other owners have it on open racks, so they can better tell you about their heat issues or lack of.

Quote:

3. I don't know what you mean by "streaming capability" Please advise.
4. Does the 1019 have any advantages over the 21TXH?
Many thanks for your help.

3. - this was a mistake, I thought the 21TXH had gotten the network streaming (from a home network) of music sources that the SC25, 27 got.

4. - I'm sure if you look at the specs, you may find something else to like about it, I've listed the things I would consider.

Maybe if I had a deal for equivalent money for the 1019 and the 21TXH, I would have gone for the 21TXH, but it would have to be a really good deal, since I got the 1019 for about $380. As it is, I'm very happy with it, knowing that outside of one or two small limitations, it is performing like a champ for my uses (medium to slightly high volume music, higher level movies and regular viewing TV) and in my configuration (RC-Mini speakers, 12 " sub, 14 ' (deep)x 21' (wide) x 10' high family room, with one extra zone). I'll be using the 1019 for a while. If I get the urge to upgrade, it will most likely be speakers and other components in the short term.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page