*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 1910/790 Owner's Thread - Page 197 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any news info on the new 1911 and 791 with 1.4a 3D ready AVRs ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1996 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasguild View Post

Other than that, am I missing anything else? I think I covered all my bases.

jas

Nope, think you're good to go.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffedSlinky View Post

It seems to be something with the HTPC as my old HTPC PC (using an ATI Radeon HD 4550) connected the same way didn't have this issue.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Posts regarding issues with an HTPC are usually resolved either by upgrading the firmware in the video card or replacing the video card with another brand.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey Guys - ordered a 1910 this morning from Electronics Expo (invi2003 - thanks for the coupon code!!!) The sales guy, Rich, said he was pretty sure they had cycled through all the old 1910's, and only had the ones with the latest firmware updates. Great guy, and he made sure mine shipped out today. Once it's in my hands, I'll reply back with the info from it.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice75 View Post

Hey Guys - ordered a 1910 this morning from Electronics Expo (invi2003 - thanks for the coupon code!!!) The sales guy, Rich, said he was pretty sure they had cycled through all the old 1910's, and only had the ones with the latest firmware updates. Great guy, and he made sure mine shipped out today. Once it's in my hands, I'll reply back with the info from it.

I am planning on making my purchase this afternoon. Do you mind sharing how much you paid shipped?

If you ain't a Gator, then you must be GATOR BAIT!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I paid $390 shipped.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Hmm.. Anyone able to tell me why videos with DTS from my HTPC (via XBMC) are coming up as PCM? Before from my WD TV they used to show up as DTS.

Right now I have a 3.1 setup (haven't put my surrounds in as of yet).
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Is it normal for Audyssey to set the crossover for the speakers at different frequencies, even though all 7 channels are the exact same speaker?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yes, DangerMoose. Even if the speakers are identical, they are at different positions in the room, with different distances to walls (and perhaps floor and ceiling), generating different reflections from surfaces with different absorption and diffusion behavior, so that they appear to have different responses when viewed by the microphone in the Audyssey bubble. This is especially true of surrounds, that might be closer to the wall, or the center that might be closer to the floor or not angled at the listener.

And how many moose are there in NJ? Or are you in danger just seeing one?
Bill
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post

Hmm.. Anyone able to tell me why videos with DTS from my HTPC (via XBMC) are coming up as PCM? Before from my WD TV they used to show up as DTS.

Because that is what the HTPC is sending it as ... check your HTPC settings.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

No, unfortunately as a 1610 owner has confirmed, it means exactly what is says .. ."it is exclusively for the iPod control dock."

Check this link out and then click on "zoom in" for the picture of the rear of the 1910. What is interesting is that the Svideo port from the back of this 1910 picture clearly states "VCR (ipod)" This is off crutchfields website.

Crutchfield - 1910

In the online manual however, the picture of the rear of the 1910 does NOT have the word "VCR"

Makes you wonder if this is somethign that the firmware added or took off

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi Quixzlizx, easy setup
HDMI-1 > X360
HDMI-2 > PS3
HDMI-3 > Cable
HDMI-4 > HTPC
Component-1 > Wii with audio plugged into R and L under name VCR
Component-2 > PS2 with audio plugged into OPT-1

Name--------------HDMI--------Digital-------Component

DVD (X360)-------HDMI-1-------(xxxx)---------(xxxx)

HDP (PS3)--------HDMI-2-------(xxxx)---------(xxxx)

TV (PS2)----------(xxxx)--------OPT-1--------COMP-2

SAT/CBL (CABLE)--HDMI-3------(xxxx)----------(xxxx)

VCR (Wii)----------(xxxx)-------(xxxx)---------COMP-1 (audio to R & L under name VCR)

DVR (HTPC)-------HDMI-4-------(xxxx)---------(xxxx)

(xxxx) = to leave it blank

Sorry I'm replying so late. The CS2 went on sale at Newegg earlier in the week, and I decided to buy it to match with my Monitor 60s, so I decided to wait on the setup until everything had been delivered so I wouldn't have to rerun Audyssey. I wanted you to know that this setup worked great, and everything is up and running. Thanks for laying it out like that.

To anyone who knows: I noticed the Wii has a "Surround" option, but it only has RCA output for sound. I know surround can be passed through RCA, but the Denon specifically says "Stereo" when I switch to the Wii's input. What's going on there?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixzlizx View Post

Sorry I'm replying so late. The CS2 went on sale at Newegg earlier in the week, and I decided to buy it to match with my Monitor 60s, so I decided to wait on the setup until everything had been delivered so I wouldn't have to rerun Audyssey. I wanted you to know that this setup worked great, and everything is up and running. Thanks for laying it out like that.

To anyone who knows: I noticed the Wii has a "Surround" option, but it only has RCA output for sound. I know surround can be passed through RCA, but the Denon specifically says "Stereo" when I switch to the Wii's input. What's going on there?

Depends on the games being played, I flip flop between Dolby Pro Logic II Cinema or Music and even at times stereo mode. Choose what sound best to your ears.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixzlizx View Post

Regardless of the setting you use on the Wii (although you should use surround), if you're using a "single" red/white RCA cable then that's all the AVR sees is two analog channels. You have the option of setting the AVR to STANDARD (STD) surround mode which will use DD PLII to simulate a 5.1 surround sound when a 2 CH signal is received or STEREO mode which plays as either 2.0 or 2.1 depending on how you have STEREO mode setup; however, that's your choice, it's not something that the AVR is deciding for you. With AUTO SURROUND MODE set to YES (default) the AVR remembers your setting for a 2-CH analog source so if you also like to listen to 2-CH analog music in STEREO, then that is what the AVR will remember whenever it receives a 2-CH analog. You'll have to either manually change between the two or setup a couple Quick Select buttons to do that for you.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post

I paid $390 shipped.

Thank you. I bought mine for the same price. I think that is a great deal. I cant wait to get it.

do you think I should just ditch the manual and just use batpig's manual? I think denon should pay batpig some royalties or

Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

...do you think I should just ditch the manual and just use batpig's manual?...

No, we definitely recommend reading and consulting the OM. It is chock full of valuable info which bp's guide helps you to understand.
In fact it is a good idea to download the pdf version from usa.denon.com as it is searchable.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Makes you wonder if this is somethign that the firmware added or took off

Not at all ... the 1610 and 1910 S-Video port was simply incorrectly labeled as the 590 and 790 are correctly labeled "iPod" only. On all four models, as noted in their respective Owners manuals, the S-video port is only for use with an iPod docking station.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 PM

I just bought a 1910CI off ebay for pretty cheap.... please tell me I didn't goof up... I dont have a clue what the CI means, or how it is different from the 1910. A quick search on DENON's website shows other models with CI (custom installer) but not the 1910. Furthermore, I can't find what custom installer actually means!

What the heck did I buy, and am I gonna be sorry???
Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhlee1967 View Post

I just bought a 1910CI off ebay for pretty cheap.... What the heck did I buy, and am I gonna be sorry???

Magic 8 ball says: future unclear.
The 1910 should not have CI designation, the 2310 is the lowest model with that AFAIK. Maybe it's just a typo?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM

i hope so... the photos all said just "1910" but the listing was labelled 1910ci... so it may be just the 1910 and a typo in the listing.

i was up for a gamble so lets see what happens
Old 03-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Ok I have had my 1910 for some time and have never been super happy with the sound.. I thought it was my speakers but today I grabbed a pair of Aperion's and plugged them in... well they had the same very shallow no detail sound as my other mains... What I am trying to say is that my two front speakers sound dead and lifeless, the center and the surrounds sound great, but the two fronts are flat and dead...

My two fronts are Wharfedale Diamonds, (8.3's) I hook them up to an old receiver and they are a booming but hook them up to my Denon 1910 dead (like barely any sound coming out of them)... Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that I need to click on???

Justin Phillips
Old 03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
585-645-1006

Justin -

Did you run AUTO SETUP? It's likely the AVR set their channel levels up as they are not very efficient speakers, although you can still raise their individual channel levels higher using your remote.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless Drone View Post

Ok I have had my 1910 for some time and have never been super happy with the sound.. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that I need to click on???

Hi Drone. You have not selected Aud Bypass L/R have you? If yes, switch to the Audyssey curve. If not, we'll need more info. The best sound comes from doing a proper autosetup and running DynEQ ON when you are at less than reference levels.

Please supply info on all your autosetup settings (trim, distance, xover) and any manual changes you made, position of speakers, room layout, etc. Are all sources, formats and modes affected?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice75 View Post

How does one get this coupon code to work? I tried both the EE site as well as amazon??

Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittyman View Post

How does one get this coupon code to work? I tried both the EE site as well as amazon??

Thanks

It generally helps to use the actual coupon code (LSDA0319C) rather than the poster's user name (invi2003).

Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks

Put in your cart at EE then go to Amazon check out to see the final price. When there you can buy or not. Hope this helps
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless Drone View Post

Ok I have had my 1910 for some time and have never been super happy with the sound.. I thought it was my speakers but today I grabbed a pair of Aperion's and plugged them in... well they had the same very shallow no detail sound as my other mains... What I am trying to say is that my two front speakers sound dead and lifeless, the center and the surrounds sound great, but the two fronts are flat and dead...

My two fronts are Wharfedale Diamonds, (8.3's) I hook them up to an old receiver and they are a booming but hook them up to my Denon 1910 dead (like barely any sound coming out of them)... Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that I need to click on???

Been there, I hear your pain.
Put a pillow over the Audyssey's mic and re-run auto setup. This tricks the EQ / filters to think the speaker are really very "dead". Audyssey will kick up the eq / filters, bingo you have the California JBL sound. Audyssey is like the guy you play poker with, you gotta trick it to win
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Thanks

If that code doesnt work, try this one WS901X3780. I bought mine on friday and got that code from the sales rep. I think the codes just help them identify which sale agent made the sale.

I do remember seeing however that the 30% sale will end before the 31st March. As such if you still want that unit you better jump on it.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Thanks

Besure to read this before you buy
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=5873
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=5875
Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Liked: 32
Ignore googlegod as he does nothing but troll the Denon forums spouting false information. Look at his history to see I say the truth.

Tags
Denon Avr1910 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Denon Avr790 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity