*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 1910/790 Owner's Thread - Page 316 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #9451 of 9472 Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think I may have found the problem.
Bell Fibe control would open only PVR and TV and I had to open the AVR.(I can only enter the TV code)
So this morning I opened AVR first, then PVR and TV and seem the sound to be stable.

Now I have find a way to program the slim control to open AVR, PVR and TV

Also noticed volume works only with AVR, PVR control not working. any idea. thanks

PRESENTLY:    TCP55VT60               PS3 SLIMIR 2 BT RE-BL DENON X2200W [B] FIBETV
MOTOROLA PVR VIP-2262
PARADIGM MONITOR 7 v6 front speakersKLIPSCH SUBWOOFER
KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1HARMONY ONE
PARADIGM ATOMS V6 (front height) NOW SYSTEM IS 5.1.2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9452 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy My 1910 may be toast.

Hi All,
I thought I'd ask here before I buy a new receiver.

I've had excellent performance from my 1910 for just over 6 years but this morning it was completely silent. Worked fine last night but no sound at all from any input.

Video is passing through just fine in all inputs but no sound. The other strange behavior is that the panel shows it's reading the proper signal but only displaying "Stereo" for output. If I try to select the a multichannel mode, it says "not available". Also, the speaker selections to not display and nothing happens if I try to switch the A/B selector.

I've powered off and even did a full factory reset but still the same result. It seems as if something has fried inside. I still here he "click" when turning off and on each zone but no sound. Finally, the second zone doesn't work either and it did last night.

Any ideas? If not, I'll be looking for a replacement Denon as I really like this receiver.
Thanks
post #9453 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Disregard my post... You did a reset.. Didn't read right the first time.

Why don't you try reseting it?
Sometimes you get surprised by the glitches electronics face out of nowhere.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
post #9454 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Hi, I did a factory reset per the owners manual by hitting the power on button plus the surround mode buttons at the same time. This set everything back to the original settings but still no joy. Is there another reset method?
thanks
post #9455 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 12:37 PM

No sound fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinMN View Post
Hi All,
I thought I'd ask here before I buy a new receiver.

I've had excellent performance from my 1910 for just over 6 years but this morning it was completely silent. Worked fine last night but no sound at all from any input.

Video is passing through just fine in all inputs but no sound. The other strange behavior is that the panel shows it's reading the proper signal but only displaying "Stereo" for output. If I try to select the a multichannel mode, it says "not available". Also, the speaker selections to not display and nothing happens if I try to switch the A/B selector.

I've powered off and even did a full factory reset but still the same result. It seems as if something has fried inside. I still here he "click" when turning off and on each zone but no sound. Finally, the second zone doesn't work either and it did last night.

Any ideas? If not, I'll be looking for a replacement Denon as I really like this receiver.
Thanks
This has happened to me a couple of times. Dust will get into the headphones jack on the front of the unit. This causes the unit to think that headphones are plugged into the jack. Blow into the jack input or used canned air to blow into the jack input to get the dust out. This has worked for me.
post #9456 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 01:06 PM

THANK YOU!! That worked! Crazy blowing into the jack can turn the headphone on and off. Must be some sensitive switch it there.

Thanks, great save. Gotta love this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9457 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 01:16 PM

Glad it worked!
post #9458 of 9472 Old 07-17-2016, 01:37 PM

I stuck a piece of black electrical tape over mine after having the same problem a couple of times. I can't see it from across the room and it hasn't been a problem since.
post #9459 of 9472 Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatscott View Post
This has happened to me a couple of times. Dust will get into the headphones jack on the front of the unit. This causes the unit to think that headphones are plugged into the jack. Blow into the jack input or used canned air to blow into the jack input to get the dust out. This has worked for me.
LOL, I just logged in for the first time in a long time to say the same thing. Glad you got it sorted.
post #9460 of 9472 Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 AM

Liked: 11
Concerning lost audio, if you are really adventurous AND never use the headphone output, you can remove the cover of the receiver and disconnect the wires from the headphone jack.
AVN
post #9461 of 9472 Old 08-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Denon AVR-1910.
I only have connected my laptop via hdmi with the receiver.
When i am playing music (or other sound from youtube etc.) from my pc, it sounds good with decent amount of volume (about -30 dB is enough), but when a next song comes up, you can't hear the audio anymore.
Then you have to switch the volume up to max (+18 dB) and then you can hear it again. If i switch the dynamic volume off or tweak with some settings, while the the audio isn't loud, it will (sometimes) get loud again.
I have tried several possible solutions:
-switching hdmi inputs
-running audyssey again
-turning the dynamic volume setting to 'evening' and making the ref level to +10 dB.
-turning dynamic volume and/or dynamic eq off

i do not know what i have to do know, so maybe one of you can help me?
post #9462 of 9472 Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10988 Post(s)
Liked: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazakra View Post
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Denon AVR-1910.
I only have connected my laptop via hdmi with the receiver.
When i am playing music (or other sound from youtube etc.) from my pc, it sounds good with decent amount of volume (about -30 dB is enough), but when a next song comes up, you can't hear the audio anymore.
Then you have to switch the volume up to max (+18 dB) and then you can hear it again. If i switch the dynamic volume off or tweak with some settings, while the the audio isn't loud, it will (sometimes) get loud again.
I have tried several possible solutions:
-switching hdmi inputs
-running audyssey again
-turning the dynamic volume setting to 'evening' and making the ref level to +10 dB.
-turning dynamic volume and/or dynamic eq off

i do not know what i have to do know, so maybe one of you can help me?

Refer to p. 64 in the Owner's manual and reset the micoprocessor back to factory default settings.
Zazakra likes this.
post #9463 of 9472 Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Refer to p. 64 in the Owner's manual and reset the micoprocessor back to factory default settings.
I have done this before when i was redoing the auto setup with the setup mic.
I have noticed that it only happens when the volume of my laptop drops to zero, because when i play another sound track in the background, the sound level does not drop.
Also, when the sound level is dropped, the speakers rustle a bit.
post #9464 of 9472 Old 08-27-2016, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
790 No HDMI

Hey guys, need to see if there's something I'm missing.

I've got a 790 that appears to not be providing any HDMI I/O. We just moved. The unit was fully functional, got put in its original box and now 3ish months after the move I finally got around to the living room.

I turned TV & Cable off, unplugged it all, cabled up the Blu-Ray, cable, speakers and TV to the receiver, tucked it all up and powered it up and...nada. Goofed around with sources, changed HDMI in on the TV and then ripped it all apart.

I can get audio out of the analog ins but forcing to HDMI input on any device any input gets me nothing.

I have done the power off, both surround buttons, power on reset a number of times with no luck.

I took out my laptop, connected it to the TV and got picture and when I did the laptop display fluttered while it recognized the connection. No such thing happens when I connect it to the receiver.

I also tried coaxial out of the Blu-Ray and cable box with no luck. Also (and I can't recall if it should be on or not) but there's no optical out light on when I peek behind the cover.

Seems like the unit just doesn't want to talk HDMI or maybe even any digital at all.

Anything else I can poke at before I write it off? Nothing is more upsetting than when a component dies for no good reason. Kid spills on it, dog chews it, lightning, etc... I'd rather it go out like that then just not working right back out of the box.

Thanks
post #9465 of 9472 Old 08-28-2016, 04:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBodet View Post
Hey guys, need to see if there's something I'm missing.

I've got a 790 that appears to not be providing any HDMI I/O. We just moved. The unit was fully functional, got put in its original box and now 3ish months after the move I finally got around to the living room.

I turned TV & Cable off, unplugged it all, cabled up the Blu-Ray, cable, speakers and TV to the receiver, tucked it all up and powered it up and...nada. Goofed around with sources, changed HDMI in on the TV and then ripped it all apart.

I can get audio out of the analog ins but forcing to HDMI input on any device any input gets me nothing.

I have done the power off, both surround buttons, power on reset a number of times with no luck.

I took out my laptop, connected it to the TV and got picture and when I did the laptop display fluttered while it recognized the connection. No such thing happens when I connect it to the receiver.

I also tried coaxial out of the Blu-Ray and cable box with no luck. Also (and I can't recall if it should be on or not) but there's no optical out light on when I peek behind the cover.

Seems like the unit just doesn't want to talk HDMI or maybe even any digital at all.

Anything else I can poke at before I write it off? Nothing is more upsetting than when a component dies for no good reason. Kid spills on it, dog chews it, lightning, etc... I'd rather it go out like that then just not working right back out of the box.

Thanks

If the 790's front panel display flashed after a few seconds of doing the reset, the only other thing to check would be replacing the HDMI cable from the 790 to the TV. Also try the other HDMI inputs on the TV as well. Otherwise, if still no joy, upgrading to a more current model will bring you networking capability. Call AVS for pricing and availability if interested.
post #9466 of 9472 Old 08-29-2016, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
If the 790's front panel display flashed after a few seconds of doing the reset, the only other thing to check would be replacing the HDMI cable from the 790 to the TV. Also try the other HDMI inputs on the TV as well. Otherwise, if still no joy, upgrading to a more current model will bring you networking capability. Call AVS for pricing and availability if interested.
Thanks jd. Yeah held until flashing. I read I think one of your posts saying to do it a couple times in succession, still no go. All the HDMI cables in the path were used directly from source to TV to confirm the source, cable and TV input. It's hosed. All it's good for now is analog source.

Thanks for the offer but I just don't have enough sources to warrant a nice box like I thought I would need later on. I bought with the idea of adding on later which never happened and frankly I'm not ready to spend more money on something that I don't need that won't outlive the rest of the components. I realize it's a single example of failure but that doesn't mean I'm happy to keep shelling out cash.
post #9467 of 9472 Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBodet View Post
Thanks jd. Yeah held until flashing. I read I think one of your posts saying to do it a couple times in succession, still no go. All the HDMI cables in the path were used directly from source to TV to confirm the source, cable and TV input. It's hosed. All it's good for now is analog source.

Thanks for the offer but I just don't have enough sources to warrant a nice box like I thought I would need later on. I bought with the idea of adding on later which never happened and frankly I'm not ready to spend more money on something that I don't need that won't outlive the rest of the components. I realize it's a single example of failure but that doesn't mean I'm happy to keep shelling out cash.

I've said it before, and will have to keep on saying it ... just because an HDMI cable works from the source --> TV does not necessarily mean it will work when connected to/from an AVR.
post #9468 of 9472 Old 09-04-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I have done this before when i was redoing the auto setup with the setup mic.
I have noticed that it only happens when the volume of my laptop drops to zero, because when i play another sound track in the background, the sound level does not drop.
Also, when the sound level is dropped, the speakers rustle a bit.
Nobody knows a solution for my problem?
I have also tried using other pc's and analog input.
Using another computer didn't change anything, but while i was using the analog input the level of the volume was kinda low, but did not fluctuate (so the level was always low)

thanks...
post #9469 of 9472 Old 09-04-2016, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Nobody knows a solution for my problem?
I have also tried using other pc's and analog input.
Using another computer didn't change anything, but while i was using the analog input the level of the volume was kinda low, but did not fluctuate (so the level was always low)

thanks...
Does the issue just present with an HDPC connected or other HDMI sources as well? Try doing a series of microprocessor resets (at least 4-5). If still no joy, time to upgrade to something more current with networking capability.
post #9470 of 9472 Old 09-09-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Does the issue just present with an HDPC connected or other HDMI sources as well? Try doing a series of microprocessor resets (at least 4-5). If still no joy, time to upgrade to something more current with networking capability.
I have tried resetting the microprosser several times, with no succes.
I did try using another laptop, but with the same HDMI cabe + HDMI to displayport adapter. At this moment I do not have another HDMI source to test it with, but i will look for one!
thanks for the help
post #9471 of 9472 Old 09-09-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Hi Zarakra, could try blowing compressed air into the headphone jack.
post #9472 of 9472 Old 09-11-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi Zarakra, could try blowing compressed air into the headphone jack.
i am not using the headphone jack... i'm using HDMI audio.

I have found a solution though, if I plug my pc into my television with HDMI, and then use a optical cable to go from my television to the amplifier, the sound will not drop.
The only thing is, that i now always need to have my television on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr1910 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Denon Avr790 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page