Could you please clarify some points to me (and sorry I am not English native speaker
…I went through all 1909 official thread, manual, guides (thanks batpig and other guys), I got the answers, but as it will be my first avr I need to be sure.
I was considering to buy Denon avr 1909, but now with the release of 1910 I am planning to stay on 1910…that is why I posted here and not in 1909…
At the moment I have 2 sources and TV:
1. Home PC with just S-Video out, SPDIF (seems not optical) out.
2. Asus laptop with HDMI out, VGA out, SPDIF (optical) out.
3. TV the old one with just S-Video in, SCART, analog connections in (white/red/yelow).
My concerns and questions are:
1. As my TV don’t have HDMI, it seems I can’t hook any video source (in egz laptop) through HDMI…If I connect video sours via HDMI I need to output through HDMI as well. Am I correct?
2. From Q1 follows: Can I connect laptop to avr with HDMI, play video source, but just listen the audio from the source, and not require avr to output picture via HDMI? Does 1910 will do it for me? Can I use the same HDMI permanent connection (avr - laptop) just for audio source listening?
3. Am I correct 1910 has only 1 S-Video in, and just ONLY for ipod dock control (from the 1 post)? It means I can’t connect PC to avr via S-Video? Sure I can connect PC directly to TV, but again I just wonder…
Thank you for the help